The Attic: Butterfly

House of Cards

As they opened the door, there was a completely different feel to the room. Before, when Suga and Jungkook existed within the room, there was a light that was lit that made it dim. However, since their cards were no longer activated in the room, the light switch no longer worked.  You trailed in the abyss with V right behind you. Breezes smacked you in the face, causing a constant collision with the guy behind you because you kept stopping.

"You alright? This is the third time," he whispered.

"Yea, I'm fine. We just need to find Jin."

Right as you said that, you took out your phone and looked for the flashlight app that you already installed. Click! The sudden light made you jump. You waved the device around to see the slight details of the room that you haven't noticed the last time. The walls were a bit split open and the ceiling shook a bit as if it were ready to collapse. You ignored the small signs and soon found the stairs. There were only about ten steps to take. With every step you guys took, creaks echoed behind you and Taehyung. There was no understanding of what you guys were about witness upstairs. There was pure silence and you began to feel a glow on the back of your neck while making it to the top. Taehyung suddenly ran passed you and turned to look at the source of the illumination. "Jin...." Taehyung muttered.

As you made it to the top like he did, you turned to see a figure, sitting on the edge of a white bed, with white flower petals dropping to the floor. There was a light on the ceiling, similar to God's light that shined on him. He was holding something with tears coming from his eyes. The card was nowhere to be found. He was already looking at the two, then gazed down at the thing in his hand. Taehyung immediately ran to his side and kneeled for his older member.  "Where were you? You weren't in any of the rooms?"

 Jin glared at him as Taehyung wiped his tears. "She's gone, V.  I had to see her. I just had to."

"But she isn't here, Hyung," he said looking at the thing between his fingers. This thing that Jin held was delicate and calm. Taehyung glared at you, scooping his arm to call you over. You did the same as V. Kneeled, place your phone on the ground and began to wipe his tears.  It was almost as if he was just ready to create a river with the amount of tears he produced. Jin looked up at the glow on the ceiling that illuminated his body along with the entire bed.

"Jin, what's going on?" you asked him. You glared next to him and saw that he was sitting on his card. You saw a small portion of the picture, and like the others; had his name set at the bottom. You managed to pull it from underneath him. The portion of the picture you witnessed was a butterfly and at the top that read "Say Goodbye to the recent".  Taehyung saw this as another opportunity to make a move. While you weren't looking, he took your device and began texting the members downstairs. You glared back up at Jin in confusion. "Butterfly," you asked yourself. You stood up and hugged him, which gave Taehyung enough time to place the phone back where he had found it. For some reason, Jin couldn't hug back, but you felt sobs that came out of his face. "It will be okay," you said comfortingly. Before you knew it, the sound of the footsteps came up the stairs, slowly and aggressively.  Could it had been the sound of the carpet that grabbed the members returning? You released Jin, glaring at Taehyung with fear, only to see that he had on the blankest face in the world. They both glared at the opening in the floor as five figures walked into the attic, one walking faster than the other. It was Jimin. Just as you said, he ran to hug him, making Jin stumble a bit, causing the object in his hand to fly throughout the room, making Jin jumped.  "Grandma!" he yelled as Jimin jumped off of him in fear. Jin now looked anxious, as if he wanted something really badly.  As he crumpled his hands he glared up the ceiling and spoke. "Grandma, no!! Come back!!" he said in despair.  The other members sat between you and Taehyung, asking Taehyung what happened. Suddenly, although you couldn't see him, you felt something staring at you. It was Suga. "Are you enjoying this party?" he asked.

"What?"

"Did you get the cards yet?"

"Yea," just as you looked at it. As you held it up towards the ceiling light, you saw that not only was his name was still there, but now in bold red letters.

Jin is what it read now. You peered up at Jin, who was on his knees on the bed, calling his grandma in sadness. "Grandma, wait! Don't leave me!!" while staring at the glow from above. Everyone halted and watched as their oldest member mentally struggled. They all felt as if they couldn't do anything. Jin collapsed on the bed, with his back facing the others. "This all can't be a dream....can it?"

You looked at Suga, who stood up with an annoyed face and walked to the other side of the bed. "Jin, get up. This is just a game."

"No, it's not. Leave me alone!"

Suga grabbed his arm. "Come on."

Jin yanked it and pushed him. "This is a game! I know." as he made Yoongi stop in his tracks. "I know....but...I want to see her for one last time.....To speak to her for one last time."

"But you're mind will only make you hear what you want to hear. She isn't here."

"She was....the..butterfly...." Jin replied faintly.

"Really?" as Yoongi peered over at Jimin. " Jimin, you made the butterfly go away."

"Well, I didn't mean to," Jimin replied. By this time, Jimin was standing where the footboard of the bed could have been. " Forgive me. I wanted to make you feel better."

Jin didn't answer. All of the members stood up, surrounded the bed entirely. Jin had no choice but to lay on his back to see everyone.

 "Look, we know you care about your grandmother." Namjoon started.

"..But you need to understand that you aren't happy right now." Jungkook added on.

"Whether this is the game or not, I'm starting to think you weren't happy since we got here," Yoongi said.

"Believe it or not, we have all lost someone we care about." Hoseok went on.

"And at the end of the day, we have each other to tell. Don't hold in your pain." Taehyung finished off. Jin sniffed. 

"Let's go now." Yoongi declared.

"Wait..." a voice said from the ceiling. Out of the blue, a butterfly with blue wings descended from the light in the ceiling, everyone glared up, following its movement with their eyes. "Jin..." the butterfly said. The voice was faint and elderly.

"Grandma" as he started forming tears again. Everyone else looked surprised as the butterfly landing on the center of Jin's chest. "My sweet grandson. You played my game?"

Jin nodded as he hid himself away from its sight with his arm. "Jin, stop it. She is talking to you." Namjoon said.

"Jin...." the voice said again.

"Yes?" he whimpered.  "Move your arms from your eyes...." Yoongi said.

Jin moved his arms away; and sat up so the figure can sit in his hands. 

"Why do you play this game? Don't you know how dangerous it is?"

"Now, I do..."

".....Why did you come back here?"

"I wanted...so ..say...goodb...."

"Stop crying..."

"And you wanted to meet my friends."

"Well, introduce them."

"We can do it for him, Jin's Grandma." Jungkook went on. "I'm Jungkook."

"And you are the youngest." the butterfly said.

"How did you know?"

"Another one of you earlier introduced some of you. "

Everyone except Namjoon and Jin looked over at Jimin. "Oh, you heard me?"

"So you must be....Jimin." the figure said. Jimin shied away a bit.

"Yep," he replied with a smile as the grandmother continued. "So he is my Suga, and this is my hope, and...."

"I'm Namjoon." he said while putting his hand up and smiled.

"Aww, you have dimples!" she answered as Jin smiled a bit and Namjoon chuckled to himself. It was a bit awkward because we weren't sure who she would speak to next. Though it was very comforting.

"And the boy is Taehyung and this girl is....?"

Everyone looked at you, waiting for an answer. Even Jin. At this point, you were so blown away about the game, that you felt you had forgotten your own name. Your name didn't matter. This is what Jin was hiding. Hiding from us. Hiding from himself. He wanted to see and meet his grandmother for one last time and now, he has another chance to. Whether this is real or not, the feelings being expressed in this game was real. Everything we feel, we felt, and what we're going to feel soon. What we saw were illusions, but the only reason everything looked and seemed so real was our "real" feelings. That's all it takes. Someone tapped you on the shoulder. "(the reader)-ah!" Taehyung said next to you.

"Huh?"

"Your name?"

You peered up at everyone then at the butterfly. "I'm sorry, my name is (the reader)."

"Oh, I remember you. I told you to come up here," she replied.

"You were the voice that I heard in the empty rooms?!"

"Yep, and I see you did exactly as I asked. Thank you."

You smiled and bowed towards the figure. Then there was a long pause as the butterfly went on.

"Jin, listen to me. You are smart, and you sing so well. You have such great friends from what I see. You don't need me anymore."

"Yes, I do." he answered back.

"No, you don't. Look at them. They care about you just as much as I do. Please...now that you know this game can bring me into the light, don't play anymore. It was really dangerous for your friends."

"I know now. I'm sorry. But I'm glad they got to meet you."

"Me too. Jin, they will take care of you. I know it. This is goodbye."

Jin lightly attempted to hug her, by holding his hands on his heart with the butterfly inside it. You looked at Jin's card, noticing his name began to fade. As Jin moved his hands away from his chest, the butterfly started flying towards the light. Everyone watched the beauty. "We will take care of him for you. Don't worry." Jimin yelled.

"I know you will. Oh....Jungkook, it is disrespectful to make people feel little." she said flying up.

"What?" 

"She's joking," Suga said.

"Jin, goodbye. I love you."

Jin's last tear came out his eye as he grinned up at her. "I love you, too."

The butterfly flew in the light, causing the light to fade away, similar to Jin's name on the card. They all helped Jin off the bed as they heard the sound of police cars outside. "Are you okay?" you asked Jin.

"More than ever." Jin said with the last dried tear of joy. Suga glared out the blinds, seeing the red, white and blue light on his pale skin. "The police are here. I don't think we should stay here."

"Is there a back door?" J-Hope asked. Jin nodded as he headed downstairs first, with everyone following. They realized they had left the light on, making the police come in the first place. They took their food bowls, waters, coats, and the cards, leaving through the back door. The game was over. 

Like the beginning, Jin and Namjoon were in the front, Jimin, Suga, J-Hope in the middle, leaving you, V, and Jungkook in the back, ran as fast we could behind the houses. The police never knew we were in there. No one found us. We ran and felt like we couldn't stop, but we had to halt to catch our breaths and began to walk normally, taking one bus to Namjoon's house like we said. By this time, the sun was coming up and we were all tired. Namjoon glared at Jin.

"Namjoon, I know. You must be mad. I'm sorry you guys. I didn't know."

"It's fine," Namjoon said. "You were secretly in pain. I think we all were."

"Plus..the game was kinda fun. I got to punch Suga!" Jungkook joked with a grin. Suga made a face.

"Let’s move on. Said goodbye to that place we’ve become fond of. To a higher place in the empty room. After picking up the last of our stuff and leaving, turning around for a moment

the times that you cried and laughed...goodbye now," Namjoon continued.