Let's play the game

House of Cards

The walk was very long, even after taking two buses to get there. Before we headed to the house, we brought groceries and some fast food for eating 

on the way. I was so delicious and the surroundings were so beautiful with all the stands that came with different lights. It was like Christmas all over again.

Jin and Namjoon walked in the front, followed by Jimin and Yoongi, and Hoseok. Then, in the back, I walked between Jungkook and Taehyung,

who were still trying to finish their drinks that they had bought for themselves. Jungkook glared at you and passed his drink. "You want some?"

"Um...what drink is it?"

"Sprite," he answered. Just then, V looked over to see if you would accept it.

"No, I'm good. I had my sprite already."

Taehyung saw this as a chance. He handed over his drink. "Well, do you want some of mine?"

"What is yours?"

"Mine is just ice."

"That's not a drink."

"It is when it melts."

Jungkook laughed as V made a smirk at you. You rolled your eyes. 

"You that tired?" Jungkook asked.

"No, I'm wide awake. Because of my melted ice." 

"It's called water!" You yelled at him.

"Same thing," he said. Jungkook cracked up.

You looked around you after that, the color of the lights faded as you got on those buses and got off 40 minutes later, now surrounded by houses. The houses still had theirchristmas decorations on them. Every house like a Christmas wonderland. They whoa-ed at the sight of the colors and snowmen. They couldn't believe it. Not noticing, you ran into Yoongi's back. Everyone had stopped and looking over Suga's shoulder, the house that they were searching for was right infront of them, nicely decorated. Jin's eyes glowed over the glimpse of it.

"So this is the house that we are looking for?" Namjoon asked. Jin nodded as everyone glared at him and the house.

"Are you just gonna stare at it? Or are we going in?" Yoongi questioned kind of irritated. Jin put the groceries that he carried on the ground as he dug into his pocket, pulling out a key. You glared at Jin in fright then at Jungkook and Taehyung. "He has a key to the house?"

They shrugged. "We are just as confused as you are," Jungkook answered.

Yoongi happened to overhear. "Yea, we don't know what is going on either." he said as J-hope and Jimin glared back too. By this time, Jin has already opened the door of the house and went inside with Namjoon with the groceries.  "Oh,  let's go you guys!" you yelled as everyone turned around to get into the door. V was the last one to enter so he the lights. Inside the house, was the sight of an orange living room with romantic red couches with a corridor straight behind the living room. The furniture looked as if it took a liking of an elder person.

"Ok, no one isn't even gonna ask?" Hoseok said slightly in fear. "Where are we? Why the heck did you have the key to this place?!" as he walked to the kitchen where Jin was. 

"Jin! Namjoon, do you know something? You seem so calm lately."

"Jin!" Yoongi yelled.

"WHAT?"

"Where are we? Why are you so comfy in such an unknown house?"

"This is....my...grandma's house," Jin said calmly.

Everyone paused for a moment. "Grandma?" Jimin said to himself.

You glared around at the walls, the pictures, the furniture as your eyes slowly met Taehyung's. He glared at you in confusion. "Grandma?" he mouthed as you nodded. V shrugged his shoulders.

"Just sit you guys. I gonna make dinner for you guys." Jin continued from the kitchen as Namjoon helped.

In the living room, there were four couches, with a coffee table set in the middle.  You sat next to Taehyung on the couch on the left side and Jimin and Hoseok sat on the other side, across from you guys. Yoongi and Jungkook sat in the couch between us as we waited.

"Am I the only one confused about this?" Yoongi whispered. The aroma of stew reached all of their noses.

Taehyung sat back on the chair with his arm over his eyes. "I don't know. But, at least we know it's someone that he knows. I'm still hungry."

"It's still weird...he didn't want to tell us earlier."

Jimin spoke up. "Maybe it is something he doesn't want to talk about. Maybe his grandma...."

"...passed?" Hoseok finished. Jimin agreed.

"That could be, but why in the world would he still come here if it was claimed to be abandoned for unknown reasons?"  you asked. Just as you said that, Namjoon came in with four bowls on a tray, placing it on the table. Jin came along with four more bowls on a tray and did the same just as they sat down on the last couch, which was right across from Yoongi and Jungkook. "Eat up, you guys," Jin said happily. Every member took a bowl of ramen as you glared at Namjoon. He noticed and smile for a quick second and went to back to eating. No one spoke and only the sounds of slurping and the clicking of forks and chopsticks were heard. Before we knew it, the food was gone and Jin took up all the dishes and trays with the utensils, heading into the kitchen. As soon as he left, everyone else stared down Namjoon in confusion. "What?"

"You don't think this is weird at all?!" Suga whispered sharply right across from him. 

"No, just follow along with this."

"Tell us."

"....."

"We are close with him too. If he can't say it to us, surely you can. Tell- us! It can't be a secret." he whispered.

Namjoon sighed. "....His grandma passed away, and he wants to say his last goodbye to her."

"I knew it!" Jimin said. "...No offense, then why are we here?"

"We never met his grandmother and he wanted to introduce us to her one day. Let's just say this is a way of him doing that."

"Oh...Hi, Jin's... grandma." Jimin whispered to the ceiling. "My name is Jimin, this is Hoseok. Just call him your J-Hope. That is Taehyung and (the reader.) This is Yoongi, but he can be your Suga." as he giggled. Yoongi sighed as he continued to talk to the ceiling. "This is Jungkook, he is the youngest. He keeps making me feel little. Tell him it is disrespectful, please!" Jimin yelled.

"SHHHHH! Are you crazy?!!" Jungkook whispered. Jin came back in. "Jimin, who were you talking to?"

"Someone..."

Jin looked at everyone and sat down with something in his hands. It looked like a small deck of cards. "Let's play a game." he said.

"Shouldn't we not be getting so comfy?" Suga questioned. Jungkook flicked him with his elbow.

"What game is it?" Taehyung asked randomly. When Taehyung heard the word "game" he became more focused.

"It's a game that my grandma played with the adults." as he placed the eight cards on the coffee table faced down, then placed a pocket watch in the center.

Jin looked up at everyone. "Let's play "House of Cards".

"How do you play?" Taehyung said in excitement.

"All I know is I heard her say that it was a test and a game at the same time. A test of how strong you are. Based on how many people are playing, that's how many cards you play use. In this case, there are eight people. These aren't ordinary cards, they are grandmother's and she was a magician..of some sort. From what I remember, most cards have different pictures on them. However, there is one card that is the rescue card. Whoever gets that one, has to rescue the others without losing the card."

"Rescue?" J-Hope muttered.

"Just wanted to try it out. I never played the game before. I just overheard my grandma playing this game while I was going to bed one night when I was seven."

"Fine. I'll go first." Yoongi said, about to grab a card. Jin slapped his hand. 

"The guest should go first. (the reader)-ah. You go first." he said with a smile.

Hearing your name from his mouth so softly scared you. You knew something was up. He was normal but something about being in this house didn't feel right. However, you saw that everyone else was becoming accustomed to the place based on their posture. But you also still didn't know what this game really was. Slowly, you went to grab a card and place it on your left leg. 

"Flip it over," Jin commanded.

You didn't know if this was a truth or dare game that they could have planned. Gradually, you turned the card, to see a picture of a badge with a blank area at the bottom as if something was meant to be there. You sighed in relief as a click from the pocket watch was heard and you stared up at Jin. "You are now the rescuer. That is the card."

Taehyung and Jungkook laughed. "You were so scared to grab it!" Jungkook noted.

"Guess this game will be fun after all with her around. " Jimin said as he looked at everyone. You shook your head and chuckled at yourself.

"Okay, who is next?" Jin shouted out.

"Me" Suga yelled.

"No, me!" Jungkook said next to him.

"I said I wanted to get this over with earlier."

"Well, too bad. I wanted to play next!"

Suga grabbed a card. "Nope, I'm next."

Jungkook grabbed his card as well. "No, gimme the card."

"You guys, stop!!" Namjoon exclaimed. Jin got worried. "You guys!"

"Give me the card," Suga yelled.

"No," as they both glared at the card. Glaring at the card, both became silence followed by a click as they noticed the picture. Just then one of the doors of the corridor behind them opened and out came a long rug that snatched Yoongi and Jungkook like a snake and dragged them into the room by force, slamming the door. Yells and a sound of a door locking were heard. Everyone member but Jin ran to the locked door. "Jungkook!" Namjoon yelled.

"Help, Hyung!!"

"What is in there?" Jimin exclaimed.

"Nothing but darkness..." Suga said. 

"What?"

Silence was heard after that. They continued to ask questions but no reply was heard. You sat where you were with Jin in his original seat as he looked at you. 

"Are you going to do something?!" you shouted at him in fear.

Jin glared at cards in shock. "This didn't happen when I watched my grandma and friends play!"

"Jin...please do something. What was that?!!"

"I don't know, but we can't stop the game. We have to finish it."

You were at the verge of tears. "Jin...."

He glared at you with a straight face. "I can't..." he said sadly. "Only you can..."

"Just as you glared at your card again, that blank area of the card was filled. At the bottom of the badge card...

....was your name.

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you liked this chapter! Hopefully, I can make the next chapter soon! :D