Door 6: Not you, ever

House of Cards

You stumbled into the hall and skipped the first two pairs of doors; until reaching the one that had the number "6" written on top of it. You gulped as you took hold of the doorknob and walked inside. It was extremely dark, there was a window, but there was a curtain that shielded the room from the moonlight. Filling for light switch didn't help either because it was broken off.

"Hello?" you said in a whisper. All of a sudden, you heard the sound of someone crying. "Someone?"

The crying continued. It sounded as if a person was covering their nose to mask the sniffling sound that you heard slightly.  It came from near the window that was on the right side of the room. Gradually, you walked over to the window, almost tripping over something, attempting to open the curtains of the window. Opening the curtain, the moonlight swooped in, causing the figure that was apparently next to it, move away a bit. "No...." the person said he moved away from the light. Sadly, you didn't get a glimpse of the person's face, but of course, you knew it was one of the band members. As you were about to move to the figure what to do, a moist sound was heard from your converse while you were about to walk away. The weeping continues as you looked down see clear liquid with a pinch of red under your feet. "What is this?" as you also noticed an open bottle of water next to it, sitting on the card. The items made you have a flashback of what Taehyung had said.

...."It's person isolated in a corner....with blood on his hand. There's a bottle of water next to him. What is that suppose to mean?"...

 "It's not so bad."

  "As long as I know she'll save us." 

"This person is....." as you continued to hear the sadness of the figure. "Leave me alone." the person said. 

"Why?" as you picked up the card from under the water bottle. On the card read "face your loss" as the name Taehyung was placed at the bottom with a picture of what Taehyung describe earlier today. A man with blood on his hands and bottle of water next to him. "Taehyung?" you said looking in the direction of the sobbing. He didn't answer. 

"Why are you crying?" just as you went to feel where he was. Your hands felt his face and moistness around his eyes and managed to find his right hand on his right knee. You grabbed that hand and sat down in front of him, feeling his soaked hand. "Why is your hand wet?"

He sniffed. "I don't kn-ow..."

You placed his hand in front of the light so you could see the reason for it, and the sight of it made you jump from the inside out as the smell of iron began to hit you. Liquefied blood covered his hands as it curled under his and on to yours. "Did...you...are you okay?"

The sobbing continued.

"Who hurt you? Are you wounded?"

"....No.." he answered.

"Stop crying and tell me what's wrong. Just try."

His moist hand gripped yours as he attempted to speak. "I'm all alone. Jin is gone. Even my friends."

"Jin is here. What do you mean? Why is your hand bloody?"

He sniffed. "I don't know."

"Did you hurt anybody? Yourself?"

"No. Why would I?"

"I'm just asking. You have blood left on your hands. And well, you got me here as friend, right?"

You listened to his voice as you heard him say your name in response. He hugged you as you felt the moistness on your back. You couldn't see anything but you heard his heartbeat slowly as you rested your head on his shoulder. "(reader)-ah, why are you here?" he asked.

"I'm your friend. That's what friends do," you said back to him. You felt him tremble a little bit. "Really?" he responded. You nodded your head, hoping he felt the answer. The sobbing started again as you wrapped your arms around his torso. "Listen to me. We played this game, right? Now, you are reacting to the card that you received. Does that make sense?"

"....No.."

"Our other friends will be coming soon enough. I saw Jin earlier. He isn't gone. Okay?"

*sniffles* "Really?"

"Yea, come on" as you moved away from the hug and helped him wash off his hand. Right after, you grabbed the card, realizing his name was disappearing. "Get up, Taehyung." as you grabbed his arm, then trailed to the door. Once you stepped out of the door, you glared at the card again, noticing his name wasn't there anymore. The moistness vanished from your clothes and V moved away from you. "So you still have to find the others, huh?"

The sudden question made you surprise the card "spell" wore off so fast. You nodded as you glared at the other door. The card's spell must have worn off on him. V stretched out his arms and yawned, as you noticed the moistness and blood were completely off his hands. "I'll sit in the living room until you get the others. Probably gonna take a nap." 

He pulled you into a hug and pinched your left cheek. "Thanks for saving me. I knew you would."

As he strolled into the living area, you still realized you still had other people to find.

 

 

 

Back