Taiwan Calling Pt. 1

PR-Love | yoongi

The black van rolls through the streets of Seoul, leaving all the illuminated buildings to my right behind. I can't believe that I'm sitting in the same car in which Yoongi drove me home but this time Bangtan's manager Sejin driving it.

Four days ago, when I left the studio after the mess with Yoongi on the phone and the confrontation with Jimin, I rushed through the corridors and stormed Chang-Soo's office. He was in a cheerful mood and I tried to not ruin it, so I composed myself as good as possible before asking him, what Taiwan was all about.
"Who told you about that?", he asked me, clearly perplexed.
"It was Jimin"
"Oh...", he hesitated and I lost my temper.
"What 'Oh'? Could you please tell me what's going on?"
"Okay listen... I talked to Sejin-nim, you know, one of Bangtan's managers and... he asked about you and your debut. ", he exhaled and continued, "He wanted to know if you've already attended some events abroad, um... to see how things work when idols have shows in other countries. I said 'no' and he... he offered to take you with Bangtan when they're in Taiwan."
Chang-Soo looked at me curiously and probably expected a rage attack. But I knew better and quickly thought everything through. I've talked to Sejin a few times and he seemed to be nice and always wished me good luck for my career. But to offer such an opportunity really was an act of kindness. On the one hand it left me speechless and confused because I had no idea how to survive a weekend with my boyfriend and his friends. On the other, when would I ever get a similar chance before my debut?
"Sounds... awesome", was all I could say. I spun on my heel, about to leave the room, when Chang-Soo called me back.
"Grace. Don't you have any questions? How do you feel about this? I could still make up an excuse!"
That made me realize how much Chang-Soo cared about me but I shook my head no.
"Just gimme the date and when to be where."

On the next day I talked with Soojin to get some advice from her. She thought it was a bad idea to accept the offer because my feelings for Yoongi and/or Jimin would get even more messed up.
"While you're all together, he'll play all nice and and you'll fall for him although you know that Jimin is a hundred times better", she warned me.
"Yoongi is doing that for my debut, Soojin! Have you ever thought of the pressure that's on him too?", I defend him. We both made mistakes and sometimes behaved like jerks but... I was ready to give the whole thing another attempt.
"He's playing with your feelings, Grace, don't you see?"
"Stop, Soojin! I can't need your conspiracy theories right now. I don't want him as an enemy, so I better play along. And about Jimin, I can handle that..." Those were my last words on that topic.

Now I'm sitting in the back seat next to Namjoon, who sits in the middle between Yoongi and me. I suppose the leader felt the tensions between us and I'm grateful that he chose to keep an eye on the battlefield. The rest of the boys are in one of the other cars, so at least we've got some time for ourselves without having to pretend. It's all silent except for the radio, the volume low, just enough to make the silence bearable. My head is turned to the side and I try to focus on the dark streets and other cars outside but now and then I steal a glance at Yoongi, who's watching a video on his phone.
Oh god, how will this work out?, I think and feel a bit sick, imagining the next days.
Suddenly Yoongi sneezes and it actually sounded really adorable so that I even giggle to myself. Thank god he has his earphones in so there's a chance that he didn't notice. But Namjoon did and whispers to me: "You know what I don't understand? Why don't you two get along with each other?" He smirks but I know he means it seriously.
"I don't know. We're either too similar or too different", I mumble under my breath.
"You seemed to be a great couple when you had lunch at ours", he says, "and not all looked like it was just played."
I immediately crimson because I don't know how to reply to that. Namjoon understands, pats my thigh and lets me look out of the window again.
   Minutes later we arrive at the airport and in a matter of seconds I get very nervous because I will be confronted with a totally new situation. Bangtan might already be used to cameras and cheering fans but I'm not and to add up to that, I have no idea how their fans will react to seeing me with Yoongi. Adrenaline rushes through my body as I open the car door and as soon as my feet touch the concrete ground, I am blinded by flashlight. I see Jimin, Jungkook and the others heading to the departure terminal but I'm literally glued to the spot when I suddenly feel a hand gripping mine. Before I can react, Yoongi is already leading me through the crowd, security officers walking alongside, making it possible for us to pass. Fans are screaming the members' names and I feel completely out of place. I'm glad that Yoongi is with me because it is as if he's kind of like protecting me. For a moment I forget all the negative thoughts of the last weeks and when I hear some girls joyfully calling my name, I even squeeze his hand in happiness. He turns his head back at me, smiles softly and nods, blond strains framing his round features. I haven't looked into his eyes for a while now but this time it feels strangely right.
I don't let go of his hand until we reach the safe interior of the terminal and head to the others. My gaze falls on Jimin who is staring at Yoongi's and my intertwined fingers. The pain that flares up in his dark eyes is almost impossible for me to take but he needs to understand that I am his friend's girlfriend. Yoongi doesn't notice and seems to be comfortable holding hands, even swaying them back and forth like little kids do.
   "Ooooh, the happy couple is joining us", Hoseok giggles and finally Jimin looks away, pretending to be searching for something in his bag.
"Did you have a nice ride?", Jin teases us and wiggles his brows. I laugh and remind him that Namjoon was with us.
"Oops! Right... but you'll have more time for yourselves in the next few days", he concludes and keeps a grin on his face. I know exactly what he wants to indicate. The boys think that Yoongi and I will share a room but Namjoon offered to switch with me so I could get his single bed room. So I keep my mouth shut, also to avoid hurting Jimin more than necessary. Oh poor Jimin.

   Although I feel sorry for Jimin, I keep sticking to Yoongi because latter one doesn't seem to bother as well. Later, after checking in and going through the security checks, we walk through the duty free area together, our arms linked. At first it's weird but I know that some members might see us so I try to act as normal as possible and get him into a conversation. I couldn't really think of a topic to talk about but then a situation of earlier comes into my mind. I mention the crowd of fans outside and imitate a girl that screamed for Yoongi like a lunatic.
   "Min Yoongiiii oppa! I love youuu. Oppaaaa. MIN YOONGI. YAH. MIN. YOON. GI." I can't help it but hold my sides that's how much I have to laugh about it. Yoongi looks amused and embarassed at the same time but laughs with me. I enjoy seeing his gummy smile, causing the usual severity on his face to fade. It is as if he has forgotten all the happenings of the last days. Me ignoring his texts, him getting jealous in the car, us provoking one another in the narrow hallway of my room. It's weird to think this but maybe he wants to leave all of that behind and restart as friends?
Then, all of a sudden, he sneezes but this time it sounded so hilarious because he was in the middle of laughing. That makes me tear up because it was too funny and we actually have to stop walking. Some people are already staring at us probably thinking we're drunk but we don't care about them.
Behind us, I hear Jungkook and Taehyung, who have caught us up, excitedly whispering to each other. While I'm looking for a pack of tissues in my bag to hand it to Yoongi, I can overhear Taehyung squealing: "They're soooo cute together" I immediately look up to the blond boy to see his reaction and notice that he blushed.
"Come on, let's get to the gate.", Yoongi quickly suggests and gently takes my hand. We interlace our fingers as if it's the most normal thing for us to do. However, in fear that Jimin could catch up with us too, I am the one to pull him with me. It feels so natural and makes me more determined to start over. I have no idea how long this feeling will last, so I try to stop worrying and just enjoy the moment. Yoongi, though, is quiet while we walk to the gate and it seems to me as if there's something he wants to say. He sighs, presses his lips together and gazes into the distance as if he's going through his entire mind. I get twitchty and have to bite my tongue because I don't want to ask him to tell me what he's thinking about. He doesn't break the silence until we've almost reached the gate, the others, Taehyung, Jungkook and also Hoseok and Jimin behind us, already within earshot.
"Grace?"
"Yes?" I can hear the curiosity in my own voice.
"That fan, you know... the one you impersonated", he trails off.
"Yeah? What about her?", I ask. I want him to get to the point.
"That fan said things like... 'I love you'", he shyly responds.
"She did, yes." A dull sensation spreads in my stomach. Where is this leading to?
"All the time I was wondering if, umm... I don't know how to say this.", he's struggling with words. I've never seen him this way, standing there like a little boy trying to explain himself, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.
"Hmm... okay. I wanted to know: Do you...?" His hesitation almost kills my last nerves.
"Do I...?"
"Do you love me?", the boy blurts out.

---
Helloooo! I'm back after what felt like 13948 years. Yes, Yoongi dropped the bomb. That boy knows how to play well, huh? What do you think of his question? Is it part of the game?
And most importantly, how do you like this chapter? Pls lemme know in the comments and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed reading Chapter 9 ;)