Clueless

PR-Love | yoongi

"Let me hug you first", I smile and embrace her tightly. Soojin sprained her left ankle and had to wear a leg splint for five weeks since it was the second time she sprained it during dance practice. Besides Choi Kyung, our choreographer, Soojin always dealed with my poor dancing and we've spent much time together so that a great friendship developed.

"I missed you like crazy"
"You did? But you found a replacement for me quite quickly", she laughs into my ear.
"Ah stop that, you could never be replaced by anyone."
"Suuure but what about your boyfriend? ", she counters and emphasizes on the last word.
"Umm... hold on, how did you get in my room? Did you use the spare key or did Chang-Soo let you in?", I try to distract her.
   "I used the spare key you gave me. But I met Chang-Soo in the lobby. He told me you were at Bangtan's", she giggles and goes straight back to the topic I wanted to avoid.
   "Yeah I had lunch there. It was quite nice.", I explain and say the same as Yoongi ealier.
"Well, your boyfriend was there, so of course it was nice", Soojin says and raises an eyebrow. She's suspicious of me and I can feel it with every second she eyes me.
   "But I don't understand why you date him, Grace. I don't get it."
"Um, why not? He's handsome, talented-"
"mean, not to forget. You deserve better", she interrupts me and rolls her eyes.
"Yah, shut up", I cut her off. Since we're of the same age I have no problem with being informal to her. It makes communicating so much easier.
   "But it's true, honey", Soojin insists and shakes her head.
"You don't know him.", I defend him. And neither do I.
"But I know of all the times when he was behaving like a total jerk towards you. You whined about that a lot. 'Yoongi here, Yoongi there, why doesn't he like me bla bla' ", she mimics me.
"Weeeell, what can I say, things change.", I lie and bite my bottom lip, "Love is a funny thing, isn't it".
"The only thing that's funny here is you. And I don't mean it in a nice way", she says and sounds worried. I plant a peck on the top of her head.
   "Thanks for your concern but I'm fine, really."
"If you say so. Let's get to the gym now. You can tell me about Yoongi later. I wanna know aaaall the details, every date, every text, every kiss." An unpleasant feeling spreads out in my insides but I smile anyway. I think of Jimin. Of course I can't tell her of that kiss.
   "Sure thing"
"I could stay overnight, we'll have lots to talk about", Soojin offers and grins at me, full of anticipation.
"Good idea.", I tell her before getting up and turning my back on her. Holy .

---

I've never felt so good about dancing. Soojin kept praising me and even our choreographer was pleased today. After practice, as I wipe my forehead with the back of my hand, I notice Chang-Soo approaching us.
   "Snickers, good news. Pdogg-nim just texted me, he edited your song. Wanna come to the studio with me?"
"Ah, um no, to be honest, I'd rather take a shower now." The shower wasn't the only reason. I didn't want to get back to the studio were Yoongi and I worked in together. I couldn't bare to be reminded of him right now, I would get too upset.
"Alright, I could bring you a USB flash drive with the song on it later, is that okay?", he suggests smiling  but I feel that he's anxious about me, thinking of the scene earlier today.
"Yeah, of course, thank you!", I reply and give my best to appear happy.
"See you later. Uh and Soojin.", he addresses my friend,"it's good to have you back". With a wink at Soojin, who blushes, he leaves us behind. As soon as he's out of earshot, Soojin starts giggling.
"He's so handsome, oh my god.", she swoons over my manager.
"Ew stop that, he's much older than us."
"Uh, just a few years. Yoongi is older than you as well.", she eyes me and smirks.
"Let's not, uh, talk about that here. Let's get back to my room, we're smelly.", I change the subject, grimace and sniff at her. Soojin starts laughing and hustles me playfully.
"Okaaay, shower first and then let the story time begin."

---

I play for time as much as possible because I have to seriously think of details about my relationship. So I race through the aisle to reach the door to my room before Soojin. She doesn't even bother to run and lets me be the first one to occupy the bathroom. While warm water runs down on me and I get lost in comforting scents, I try to focus on the story I'm setting up. It's basically what Yoongi and I agreed on. But more made up circumstances added. I really hope Soojin will believe me or else I'll be screwed. I turn off the water, dry myself with a white towel and put on some underwear before stepping into my bedroom that more or less also serves as work and living room.
   "Wow you took ages, I almost thought I'm gonna stink to death.", Soojin exaggerates dramatically.
"Get up off your , the bathroom's free now", I say and stick out my tongue. While she lazily gets up and closes the door behind her, I apply some body lotion to my body and I kind of feel relaxed, feeling as if nothing of the last two days ever happened. But my ease of mind is disrupted as my thoughts go on. It's only been three days with today and it's already a chaos.
   A knock on the front door makes me look up. My skin hasn't absorbed the lotion yet and if I put on clothes now, it'd feel all sticky. Instead, I loosely put the towel around my chest, it only covers half of my thighs though. Chang-Soo keeps knocking impatiently causing me to groan: "Wait a sec, Jesus Christ."
  I hurry to the entrance, grip the doorknob and peep through the ajared door. What I see in front of me leaves me speechless. My eyes open widely, my pulse accelerates, cold sweat sprinkles my palms.
   "You", I snarl and put as much disgust as possible in that single word. About to slam the door with my body, the blond guy quickly puts his foot in the crack and pushes the door open.
"Yes, me. We need to talk", the guy on the other side of the door announces, a smirk flashes over his lips. . I'm half-.
"Wait, I should turn on some music.", I burst out, reminding him of the situation in the car. I hold the towel tighter now.
"Grace. Please.", he begs, eyes closed. The older takes a deep breath as if he's gathering courage and eventually enters the small corridor of my room. The bathroom is to our left and it can be heard that someone is showering.
"You're not alone.", Yoongi huffs more to himself than to me.
"Right. Do I have to prepare myself for another outburst of jealousy?", I provoke him and get in his way before he can set foot in my bedroom. I almost panic as he comes closer anyway.
"You're bold as ", I growl at the taller one and press my back against the wall to clear the way for him.
   He doesn't respond but looks like he's about to aim for my desk chair but against my expectations, he turns around to face me. Much to my surprise, he raises his hands and places them to the left and right of my head. I can feel his breath making it's way down my cleavage. I'm overwhelmed. And trapped.
   "Listen, little Miss Clueless.", Yoongi mocks me, the tip of his nose only a few inches away from mine.
"Don't make me regret all this.", he continues mumbling. The air between us is heated up. I feel like closing the gap but I can't move.
   "Get. Out.", I hiss through gritted teeth and look him straight in the eye. I love his eyes. I'm shocked by my own thought and tuck in one end of the towel so that I can use my hands to push him away. His chest is warm and my right hand feels his heart beating underneath.
   I can barely shove him away, instead one of his hands slips into his trouser pocket. In the next moment he grips my wrist and of course I try to get loose. Yoongi presses something into my palm and closes it with his pale hand, his gaze never leaving my eyes as he does so.
"Talk to you soon", he mumbles and storms out. Finally my mind clears and I rush to the threshold.
"DON'T YOU EVER DARE TO SHOW UP HERE AGAIN!", I scream and furiously bang the door shut. I stomp my foot and turn around to find myself confronted with Soojin's questioning expression.
"Have I just witnessed a break up?", she asks worriedly.
"There was nothing to be broken up.", I return.
   What I haven't noticed until now is that tears were streaming down my face.

 

---
Hello :) it's been a while since my last update. I'm sorry for letting you wait (if you waited at all ^^) and I hope that you like the chapter. I wasn't sure if I should let Soojin know the whole story but Grace seems vulnerable and she's never needed someone to talk so desperately like now. To be honest, it breaks my heart to have Grace "suffer" like this but there's a purpose behind all this. She's clueless and confused. And I hope you as reader are also feeling confused about Yoongi's behaviour and Grace's feelings. Vote and comment if you liked Chapter 7 and look forward to the next one xxx

 

Ps: I listened to Lucky J's "No Love" a lot while finishing this chapter. When you watch the video (after reading), make sure to switch on the English subs. The lyrics partly fits to what happens and I very much love the song. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwcocV-IAm8