Meanie

PR-Love | yoongi

"How dare he kiss me without a warning? How dare he kiss me at all? I'm his friend's girlfriend. That punk.", I think a few seconds after Jimin left the room. The embarrassement I felt at first disappeared and is now replaced by anger and confusion. Why has he never showed me his affection that clearly before but only now that I'm in a relationship with Yoongi. Would things be different then? I always liked Jimin. A lot. But this pisses me off . I've just started to get along with Yoongi. It felt rushed, yes, one night at the studio couldn't completely change the tension between us. But it was a start. And I'm not going to give in to Jimin.

My mind is made up. I need to get closer to Yoongi just to put Jimin back in his place. "This is all  ed up.", I think and leave the bedroom to go back to the boys. So much for my good mood. I fixate my gaze on Yoongi who's still staring out of the window. Out of the corner of my eye I see that Jimin completed the maknae line on the couch, looking up, probably expecting me to return the look. No way, Grace. Ignore him. I silently approach Yoongi who doesn't seem to notice me and I embrace him from behind and whisper in his ear: "Shh don't back away." He startled but relaxes a moment after.
   "What are you thinking about?", I ask, my voice still low. I want to let him go but he places my arms back around his stomach and rests his hands on mine. My cheeks are burning and I try to keep my regular breath. He's good at this game.
"Nothing much. Just about the upcoming album.", Yoongi sighs.
"Oh right. Are you working on a new song?"
"Yeah, I do... Talking about songs, I need to go to the studio. Pdogg-nim might also be there and maybe he has looked over 'One Way' already."
"Oh! So, should I ask Chang-Soo to pick us up?"
"Nah, I can drive by myself", he looks at me and grins. "I haven't driven a car for a while but I kinda feel like trying it out again. Ready for a ride?"

"Who's ready for a ride? Cause, I am", Jimin shouts from the couch. Did I hear jealousy in his voice?  I hug Yoongi even tighter now.
"Shut up, Chimchim. I wasn't talking about you, you brat", Yoongi snaps back and I feel some kind of pleasure but I side with Jimin. "Ah, don't say that to him"
"Hyung, you're rude.", Jimin pouts.
"Jimin-ah, focus on the game, we're losing against Kookie. Again.", Taehyung shouts.
"You always lose", Jungkook mumbles under his breath.
"YAH I HEARD THAT, YOU LIL-"
"HEY! No more screaming or no dinner for all three of you", Jin snubs at them and turns to me with an apologetic look. "These kids"
I laugh and shake my head. "It's okay. It's nice to have some screaming children around. It's always silent back in my room"
"Right, do you have to get back or will you stay for dinner?", Namjoon asks. He's leaning against the kitchen worktop and eyes Yoongi and me, furrowing his brow.
"I wish I could stay but I have dance practice at 5 pm.", I answer audibly disappointed.
"And I'm gonna go to the studio.", Yoongi adds. I glance at my wristwatch. "We should better leave now."

"Yah, let's all take a selca before you go back. It's so gonna be posted on Twitter", Hoseok suggests and the rest of them agrees. I'm about to wrap the scarf around my neck but Yoongi reaches out for my hand. "Don't", he mouths.
"Okay", I mutter. Let's drop the bomb, huh?

I walk up to the couch and I can't avoid but sit next to Jimin, since Taehyung sits on the other end of the couch. My eyes meet Jimin's and I put on a cold look but he smiles anyway and puts an arm around my shoulder, just like he did yesterday. Yoongi frowns and takes a seat to my left.

"Hana dul set", Hoseok cries out and takes several selcas. I wink and stick out my tongue, Yoongi does his signature pose where he holds his chin between thumb and forefinger. I can't help but stare at him and his gummy smile. Suddenly Jimin pulls me closer to him and tickles me. "Ah Jiminie", I chuckle. And so much to ignoring him.

Before the situation gets even more awkward, I get up, quickly thank Jin for the lunch and tell the others goodbye as well. Yoongi helps me into my jacket and grabs his keys.
   "Let's gooo. See you later, es", Yoongi says and shoves me out of the apartment.
"Did he just call us es again?", I hear Taehyung complain before the door is shut and I'm alone with Yoongi. He leads me to a black van and we quickly get in. At first we don't talk but then I start a conversation, not bearing the silence.

   "What a strange lunch, hm?"
"I found it quite nice, actually"
"Well, you were really good, playing all couple-like.", I counter and find myself looking at him.
"But you did even better with that hug."
"I should have warned you or something, I'm sorry."
"Nah don't be.", Yoongi says and turns his attention to me, smiling, as we wait for the traffic light to turn green. "But Jimin...", he hesitates and sounds serious again.
"I think he's not convinced.", I openly admit, the kiss in my mind.
"The way he flirted with you, that little attention seeking wh-"
"OPPA!", I interrupt him. Yoongi suddenly stares at me, mouth slightly opened and eyes widened. A blonde strand falls into his face and I have to fight the urge to put it back to place. He looks so cute. "I'm sorry, I- I"
"No, it's... okay, I guess. It didn't sound that bad.", he quickly says. I hope to have distracted him enough but he gets back to the previous topic.
   "Why do you act all protective over him anyway?"
I think for a moment. Good question. Why?
"I don't. But you shouldn't be so mean to him. He gets clingy with everyone", I answer.
"But you're MY girlfriend, not ing HIS.", Yoongi yells and grips the wheel tightly, the knuckles and veins of his pale hand standing out.
"YAH, listen, you played the boyfriend part well but let's get back to reality, Mister. You don't even like me, remember? Jimin NEVER treated me that way, he was a friend from the beginning on. So don't you think you can forbid me to protect or like him.", I yell back, my voice filled with rage and my hands trembling. There it is again, the tension-filled atmosphere. If I didn't know better, I would expect a lightning to strike between us, that's how tensed it felt like.

My angry speech finished him off though. Yoongi has any right to shout at me for being impolite, given that he's the older one. In one second I called him oppa, in the other we are back to status quo of the time when we didn't even speak a word. He stays silent and an icy expression spreads over his face. His lips are forming a thin line and he squints his eyes in concentration. With a quick movement of his hand he turns on the radio and ends the dispute completely."Sometimes, we hate each other so much that we don't even talk.", Jay Park sings and I just frown and stare out of the window. I couldn't describe it any better.

I feel relieved as we arrive at the building and I almost storm out of the car. "Thanks for the ride", I mutter. All I get is a grunt and rage surges up. I bite my tongue so that I don't snap back anything I would regret later. The van's engine roars and Yoongi is gone in less than a second. As I stomp to the entrance, I spot Chang-Soo behind the glass door.

   "Had a nice day with boyfie?", he chants. I glare at him and he keeps his mouth shut, for once. As fast as I can, I rush to my room and slam the door. "ARGH, I can't believe this", I cry out.

"That's exactly what I said when I read this article", I hear a bright female voice say. My heart skips a beat. Soojin. And I'm right. Soojin, one of my backup dancers and closest friend I made since I came to Korea, sits on my bed in lotus position, a tablet in her hand. Even from where I stand I can read the headline written in bold letters.

Bangtan Sonyeondan's Suga apparently dating BigHit's to-be rookie

Soojin grins at me cheekily. "I want an explanation."

 


---
Aaaaaaand I'm finally back with an update. For all those of you who expected Yoongi and Grace to make up, I'm sorry. When I started to write this chapter, I imagined them to share some nice moments alone. But then the idea of a fight in the car suddenly popped up in my mind and I knew, I couldn't just let them be friends given that they only got along, right? I mean, just think of how Yoongi treated Grace all the time before the relationship thing started. She felt like she was nothing to him, maybe even just an annoyance. And now he gets all jealous and possessive although they're not even a real couple and basically don't really know each other? Nope, Grace isn't the type of girl to easily give in. About Soojin, I decided to introduce a new character to slow things down a bit. I hope you'll like her.

Ps: Yesterday I went for a walk and listened to Jay Park's Metronome (that's the song that played in the car scene). It creates that kind of vibe when a couple is having a rough time. Just listen to it and I think you'll know what I mean :)

Please let me know how you like the story line, vote, comment or tweet me on Twitter, if you want to.

Lots of love,
stephy