The News

PR-Love | yoongi

It's a rainy day as I'm staring out of the window after the dance practice for my debut song. My name is Grace and I was given the chance to start a career as an idol after BigHit decided to reach out for international talents as well. A good marketing trick, in my opinion. And a big opportunity for me.

My manager, Lee Chang-Soo, who lived and studied abroad, returned to South Korea to work for BigHit and immediately liked the idea of dealing with my debut. Chang-Soo is like a brother to me and has already been supportive of me for 14 months now. My debut is planned to take place in 30 days. One month left for Korean lessons, dance practice, singing rehearsal and so on. Sigh. But I'm excited.

"How did the dance practice go, Snickers?", Chang-Soo asks me jokingly. He's been calling meSnickers ever since I went on a diet and he caught me sneaking a bar of Snickers once. And he insists that I always snicker when I'm in a stressful situation. "A perfect nickname", he claimed when he first called me by this name.

"It was... hm... let's say I didn't trip over my feet while doing this weird footwork-step-thingy", I answer, "and thanks for telling Choi Kyung that I love complicated choreographies"

Chang-Soo gets the giggles but suddenly clears his throat and stops laughing. His face gets more serious again and he's staring at something behind me. Or more like, someone behind me.

"Having fun, huh?", I hear a boy's voice saying. I turn around to see Kim Namjoon curiously smiling at the two of us as if he wanted to know the joke as well.

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim! Just casually being mocked by my favorite manager", I say and smile as well.

Kim Namjoon has always been nice to me, enjoying to have a person to occasionally speak English to. I have always admired him and the six other members too of course. If they weren't busy with their comebacks or tours, I could even spend some time with them. Sometimes they would watch me during dance practice or the other way round. Namjoon and Seokjin even helped me a few times with my Korean lessons, one time I joined Jungkook and Taehyung in the recording studio and I was lucky enough to receive some dance advice from Jimin and Hoseok. I feel like the luckiest girl being able to work with such talented artists.

"Oh Snickers, you should learn how to backfire", Namjoon replies, now giggling. His eye-smile and dimples caused me to giggle with him, or like Chang-Soo would say, snicker with him.

"Well then you should teach me how to", I answer. Chang-Soo pretends to be shocked but joins in laughing.

"I will, as soon as I've finished writing some lyrics with Yoongi hyung. Have to leave you two now. I bet he's already annoyed as because I let him wait. See you soon, Snickers!"

Yoongi. Hearing his name caused me to frown. It's not like I dislike him but I was on the outs with him. Ever since I joined BigHit and got to know the other members, I felt like Yoongi was avoiding me. Whenever I started a conversation with him it felt like he wouldn't feel comfortable. Also I would see him more rarely than the others. The worst was that I once heard him saying how unfair it was that I was about to debut after such a short period of training. Duh.

"Hah, what a coincidence that Namjoon mentioned Yoongi. There's some news I wanted to share with you concerning him. And you. Let's get in my office.", Chang-Soo says, his voice businesslike.

My insides are starting to twist and at the same time I feel frozen in shock.

News. Concerning him. And me.

 

---
Hello to the ones who just begin to read this story and also hello to the ones who just want to read this added comment by me. At first, thanks for reading Chapter 1. I kept it short for the beginning haha :) I hope you like the characters I created, Grace and Chang-Soo. Since all of my fandom friends are non-korean, I decided Grace to be "international" so that everyone can relate to her. Being a trainee must be exciting so I thought, why not create a story about her time as trainee and dealing with Bangtan at the same time. Chang-Soo is supposed to be her helping hand but he's also a business man, working against her will is necessary, he thinks. But I still want him to be a brotherly friend to her.
What do you think of the end of Chapter 1? Let me know in a comment or in a tweet @bangtanbeach on Twitter. Bye for now and thanks for reading :)