Chapter 4

Convenient Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin was talking nonstop, and my mind wasn’t really focusing on what he was saying. And from the corner of my eyes, I could see Jaejoong walking around the kitchen hastily. Making sure his kitchen is spotless, and I could almost hear his contented sigh when he closed the fridge. Making sure all the preparation for breakfast is done and the kitchen is squeaky clean.

And he is walking towards us, with a glass in his hand and his face wearing a smile.

“Joongie hyung, join us”

I guess Changmin noticed him too. 

“Thank you Changmin” Jaejoong was smiling at Changmin, while clinking his glass with Changmin and raising it towards me. Which I ignored.

“all set for tomorrow hyung?”

Jaejoong just nodded at Changmin’s question.

“would you like to go out with me tomorrow hyung, I haven't been in Korea for years, and I could really use a friend to go out and maybe to have takbokke with. I have forgotten the taste of it too.”

“I could make you some tomorrow if you want Changmin” he was like this always, always offering to do things, on his own.

“nooo… it wouldn’t be fun, if you are tired after cooking hyung. And I wanna eat it standing on the sidewalk, like school days. Yunho hyung always took me to this place near our school, I wanna see if it is still there”

Changmin was talking, and I was wondering why Jaejoong was silent. Rasing the glass to my lips I took another sip, using it as an excuse to look at Jaejoong’s direction.

And, he.. was already looking at me.

“what do you say hyung, shall we go?”

Changmin was so engrossed in making plans for tomorrow… and Jaejoong was looking at me. and the sip of vodka I took, was burning my insides differently tonight.

His eyes were different tonight, I was used to seeing hurt in his eyes.. and tonight, they were radiating different emotion.. or maybe, maybe.. I had too much to drink.

Say you won’t go with him. My own thoughts surprised me, why does it matter whether he goes out with Changmin tomorrow or not. How does it matter to me?

Jaejoong didn’t answer and it only made Changmin to ask him again.

Jaejoong was still looking at me. His eyes now changing to a different emotion. Was it disappointment I saw?

Like a coward, I looked away. And Jaejoong gave his answer to Changmin.

“It would be lovely to spend some time outside Changmin, will go”

He agreed. He said he will. And I didn’t particularly like how his answer made me feel.

.

.

.

.

.

Changmin was still asleep when I left for work, and Jaejoong was silent this morning. I intentionally spent a few minutes sitting on the sofa, ruffling through some files, but Jaejoong was silent today.

Wheres the smile I usually get.. where is your endearing voice calling my name.

And what the hell was I expecting actually. I didn’t want him, why am I waiting for him to talk then. What is wrong with me.

But still… will you talk to me? It feels different when you don’t talk to me.

“Yunho ah”

And he finally spoke, a slow smile creeped on my face.

“Can you come home early today?”

I will. But I ignored his words. Still, pretending to read through the files. 

“I will go and come safely home Yunho ah”

You are going with Changmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter