05; Date

The Power of Love

 

05. 

 

 

 


 

Soah stood infront of her wardrobe with her hands planted on the sides of her waist.

 

“I’ve nothing nice to wear!” She groaned, throwing her hands up into the air.

 

She plopped down onto her bed with her arms outstretched, staring up at the ceiling.

 

“Having a fashion related crisis?” A male with streaks of ash brown hair appeared in Soah’s vision.

 

Soah blinked at him, sitting upright immediately. “Um, you are?”

 

Leah strode over to the foreign guy, slinging her arm over his shoulder. “This is Caleb, he’s my childhood friend.”

 

Leah nudged Caleb in his ribs. “Stop scaring her, would you?”

 

Caleb rolled his eyes and shrugged Leah’s arm off his shoulder. “Hello, I’m Caleb.” He introduced while sticking his hand out for Soah, in which Soah shook.

 

“I can solve your wardrobe problems.” Caleb winked at Soah. His wink made Soah squirmed in discomfort.

 

Leah smacked his arm. “Now you’re being creepy.”

 

To Soah, Leah said, “He’s a fairy and he can conjure up any outfits you want. As long as you describe it to him and then he does his imagination thing in his head, the outfit will slowly take shape in real life.”

 

Soah turned towards Caleb, her eyes widening. “Really?”

 

Caleb nodded with a smirk on his face. “Yes, evil Vamp, I can.” He responded cheekily.

 

The nickname that Caleb that gave Soah didn’t come off as an insult to her but instead it made her laugh.

 

“Alright, alright, let’s get down to work.” Caleb offered his hand to Soah to pull her up to her feet.

 

···

 

Soah watched with curious and awed eyes as Caleb applied the finishing touches to her makeup.

 

Since Caleb knew that Soah didn’t feel comfortable with heavy makeup, he merely applied a layer of foundation and topped it off with blush to highlight her cheekbones. For her eyes, he applied a thin layer of eye shadow to emphasize more on her large doe eyes.

 

Soah glanced at her reflection in the mirror, taking in her dress. It was a sapphire blue dress and it hugged to her body just right. The dress ended off at her kneecaps, the side of her dress was silted all the way till her mid thighs.

 

After Caleb was done, she let him led her to the full-length mirror in their room, in which she took in her appearance.

 

Her fingers slid over the smooth silk material of the sapphire blue dress, the patterns of lace dotted with diamonds shimmered in the light. And her face, she was loss for words. The face that she saw in the mirror didn’t resemble her at all.

 

Caleb stood at the side, watching Soah silently, proud of his work.

 

“I think your date will be charmed till he goes bonkers together.” Caleb exclaimed, clasping his hands together, earning a chuckle from Soah.

 

Leah, who was sitting on her bed, snorted. “It’s the Vampire king she’s meeting, Caleb. I don’t think he will go bonkers.” Leah emphasized on the last word with a dramatic wave of her hand in the air.

 

“What?!” Caleb’s eyes went wide as soon as he heard the words ‘Vampire king’. “She’s meeting King Daehyun!?”

 

After he gotten a nod of confirmation from Leah, he spun around to face Soah.

 

“Why didn’t you say so earlier, Soah!?” Caleb said in despair while tugging at his hair.

 

Soah flashed a reassuring smile at Caleb. “I think all this-“ She gestured to her outfit, “-is good enough, Caleb.”

 

Before Caleb could even respond, a soft honk was heard. Leah shuffled towards the window, glancing down at the driveway in front of their dormitory.

 

“Your ride is here, Soah.”

 

Soah took one last look in the mirror before turning towards the door. Leah, who was already standing by the door, gave her a hug.

 

“You look stunning and absolutely beautiful, Soah. If he doesn’t like you for who you’re then he’s a jerk.” Leah assured her.

 

Soah chuckled heartily and nodded her head. “Thanks, Leah.”

 

With that, Leah sent her out of the door while Caleb still has not gotten over the fact that Soah is meeting the King of the Vampires tonight.

 

 

Soah was extremely careful when she made her way down the stairs of the dormitory; afraid that she might fall in those heels she was wearing. She stepped out of the dormitory, catching sight of a black sleek vehicle that was parked right in front of her.

 

A man alighted from the driver’s seat immediately upon seeing her; a man who Soah assumed was the chauffeur. He walked over and opened the door to the passenger seat and a man stepped out after.

 

Soah’s heart was beating furiously in her chest as she waited for the man to alight from the car. He only took seconds but it felt like hours to her.

 

Chestnut brown hair? Soah blinked when she caught sight of the man’s face. He’s not Daehyun.

 

Although this man who stood in front of her was visually appealing too, she couldn’t help but feel disappointed. She expected Daehyun and it was only right to expect that since he asked her out on a date.

 

The guy that stood in front of her had chestnut brown hair, well-defined cheekbones and fair skin. The man flashed a smile at Soah the moment their eyes met.

 

He bowed at her before introducing himself. “It’s my pleasure to meet you, Soah. I’m Youngjae, one of the Elders.”

 

Soah bowed back hurriedly, feeling inadequate that an Elder just bowed to her.

 

“Daehyun has some urgent matters to attend to so he can’t be with you this evening.” Soah swore that she caught displeasure flash through Youngjae’s eyes when he said the words ‘urgent matters’.

 

“It’s okay, I understand.”

 

Youngjae nodded with a soft smile gracing his lips. “Let’s go for dinner, I bet you’re hungry.”

 

Youngjae took a sideward step and extended his arm towards the car, gesturing for Soah to enter. Soah bowed her head and got on, feeling inadequate that an Elder was treating her so politely.

 

“You don’t have to feel uncomfortable or whatsoever about the way I’m treating you just because I’m an Elder. Being an elder doesn’t mean that we are exempted from having manners and being a gentlemen.” Youngjae joked after they had settled down in the car, adding on a wink.

 

Yes, you read that correctly. An Elder just winked at Soah. Soah chuckled softly.

 

She has always hated how all the other OtherWorlds regarded the Vampires as evil, rude and cunning creatures. Of course there were Vampires who were exactly how they described them as, but not all Vampires were like that.

 

Youngjae’s treatment towards Soah, and even his chauffeur, goes a long way to show that the Vampires were misunderstood and pinned down to an understanding which did not justify them.

 

Soah stared out of the windows as the car cruised by the city, suddenly feeling less disappointed about Daehyun’s absence. Maybe Youngjae’s company wasn’t that bad after all.