03; The Meeting.

The Power of Love

 

03. 

 


 

“Should I put this here? Or here?” Soah mumbled to herself while shifting around the poster she held in her hand.

 

She was rubbing her chin subconsciously with her head tilted towards the side, contemplating on where would be the perfect place to hang her poster.

 

“Is that a poster of The King you have in your hands?”

 

Soah swiveled around immediately and a girl with a purple hair was standing at the other end of the room. That’s right, she has purple hair.

 

A few seconds later, the reality that the purple hair girl was Soah’s roommate finally sunk in.

 

“You must be Leah, right?”

 

The said girl smiled and nodded her head. “Yes I’m and don’t let my purple hair fool you, I do not bite.” She joked.

 

She must have saw Soah’s expression when she first caught sight of her purple hair.

 

Soah chuckled lightly, already starting to believe her words.

 

“So, are you really going to hang that poster of The King on your wall?” Leah asked with her back facing Soah as she started unpacking her stuffs.

 

Soah hummed in response, once again feeling troubled over not knowing where she should place it.

 

“What’s with Vampires and their affection and worshipping of The King?” There was no sarcasm in Leah’s voice, she asked out of pure curiosity.

 

“I don’t worship him, I just respect him for what he did, you know.” Soah answered.

 

Leah nodded in understanding. “Well, I get where you’re coming from. I owe my life to him. If he didn’t save the OtherWorlds when the civil war broke out back then, I wouldn’t even be here right now.”

 

“Do you need help with that?” Leah added on, walking over to Soah’s side.

 

 

After a few hours of unpacking, the two girls sat on the floor in the middle of their room, munching on snacks.

 

“So, what are you?” Soah asked, looking up from the can of chocolate cookies she held in her hands.

 

“I’m an Enchanted.”

 

Soah blinked, “An Enchanted?”

 

Leah smiled at the confusion that washed over Soah’s face. “You haven’t been reading up on the rest of the OtherWorlds, huh?” She teased.

 

Before Soah could say anything, Leah continued. “As an Enchanted, I can look into the someone’s future and will it change if they made a different choice at any point in their life. I can foresee the future too, I get dreams that are about the future sometimes.”

 

Soah nodded slowly. “What sets apart an Enchanted and a Fate then?”

 

“A Fate is able to change someone’s future, for it to turn out exactly the way they wanted. But Enchanteds are not able to do that, we can only see and not change.” Leah explained patiently.

 

Leah watched, as Soah’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. “That’s cool! I’m starting to feel that being a Vampire is boring.” Soah pouted.

 

Leah laughed and pointed towards the poster of The King that was hung up on the wall. “I bet he will be disappointed to hear that.”

 

Soah clamped her hands over instantly, her eyes wide. Leah broke into fits of laughter upon seeing her reaction.

 

Wiping away a drop of tear which trickled down after laughing that hard, she said, “You’re different, Soah. But in a good way.”

 

Soah lowered her hands and a smile was gracing her lips. In a good way? I beg to differ. 

 

 

 

···

 

“Are you going somewhere?” Leah asked, looking up from the book she was reading.

 

“There’s a mandatory meeting that all Vampires have to attend, it’s a ceremony that, quoting from them, helps us to ‘wake our powers up’” Soah answered while tying her hair.

 

“Sounds shady. The best of luck, I guess. I hope you don’t come back to glowing eyes.” Leah joked.

 

Chuckling, Soah answered, “I’ll try.”

 

Soah’s heart was hammering against her chest as she walked down the hallways of the school, heading to the room where the meeting was held. It won’t be able to reveal my other identities, right?

 

Soah placed a hand over her chest, trying to calm herself down. Everything will turn out fine, Soah.

 

After reaching the room, she took a seat at the back of the room and the ceremony seemed like it just started not long ago. Names were already being called out.

 

Soah’s eyes fleeted around the room, taking in her surroundings, and she saw that only three quarter of the room was filled. The population of the Vampires wasn’t really huge in this school since it was a prestigious school and the Vampires were detested among the rich OtherWorlds.

 

She froze when she spotted a familiar face. It was the guy on the poster, which is hung up on her wall. The King? What is he doing here?

 

She let her eyes travel upward, taking in his perfectly sculpted body that was barely hidden under his black button down top. Finally her eyes reached his devastatingly beautiful face, framed by jet-black hair. He had a strong jaw, thick lips, and dark, dangerous eyes.

 

Right at that moment, their eyes met for one second and Soah swore that the entire universe held its breath. The earth stopped moving and the noise and commotion around her was all gone. Images flashed; nothing else existed. In that moment, Soah saw his past and her future. His past, which was filled with so much pain, anger, and suffering, was probably responsible for his dark eyes. She saw a thousand images from an impossible number of lifetimes. And then she saw both herself and The King. Together.

 

Surprise flashed through Daehyun’s eyes, and then wonder. And then the moment ended, and the gears of the world started moving again.

 

“Soah Anne Lee.” Soah didn’t respond to the first call of her name, for she was still stuck in a trance.

 

“Soah?” Ms Barnington repeated with a louder voice and it successfully knocked Soah out of her trance.

 

Soah cleared and stood up, walking towards the front of the room where the teacher stood. She kept her eyes glued on the ground all the while, afraid of looking up and finding Daehyun’s eyes staring into hers.

 

For a moment, she forgot about the encounter with Daehyun and found herself panicking over the ceremony again.

 

She lied down on the stone altar, as instructed by Ms Barnington, and watched with wide eyes as she started the ceremony.

Ms Barnington sprinkled a few drops of liquid from a cup onto Soah’s forehead, causing her to jump slightly at the cool contact of the liquid.

 

“Please close your eyes.” Ms Barnington instructed as she held both sides of Soah’s head with her hands.

 

Soah followed her instructions and soon she started chanting. It only took a few seconds for Soah’s world to be enveloped in complete darkness.

 

 

 

Daehyun watched the scene closely, eager to find out what powers did the girl, who made his heart feel once again, had.

 

Soah’s body started glowing and streams of light started streaming out of her.

 

Speed, agility, strength, fear of the sun and night vision. Daehyun checked all of these powers off the list mentally as they started streaming out of Soah’s body. Those were the basic powers every Vampire had.

 

The glow in Soah’s body changed abruptly. Red? One of Daehyun’s eyebrows arched upwards unconsciously. She’s a Fey?

 

Daehyun rubbed his chin, feeling both confused and awed at the same time. If she’s both a Fey and a Vampire, that means she’s a Hybrid. But that’s impossible because the last time I checked, I was the last Hybrid.

 

Suddenly, the room was illuminated with a tinge of purple and Daehyun’s eyes widened. She’s a Soulmate?!

 

Daehyun’s eyes fleeted towards Soah’s face. He felt a tingle up his spine the moment his eyes landed on Soah’s face after his previous encounter with her. He wondered if the tingle was because this girl was bound to bring trouble for him in the near future. Only the sensation that he felt now was… good.

 

Then a second sensation hit him. It was like he was being pulled towards her, like magnets. He wondered if Soah felt it earlier on when they eyes met for the first time.

 

Youngjae watched as Daehyun’s expression changed, biting back a smile. Daehyun’s brows were furrowed and there was a frown on his face. It wasn’t a good expression but at least it was better than his usual stoic face. At least now, he felt something.

 

He felt truly happy for Daehyun, as he had found his Soulmate. Although he had pull some strings to have a Fate change their future, the bond of Soulmates can never be changed. The thing that Youngjae had the Fate change, was the ending of their story. 

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

A huge thank you to those who left comments behind! They make me feel super excited to start on the next chapter hehe!