01; The Beginning.

The Power of Love

01.

 


 

Lurking in the dark, shielded by the curtains, there stood a man. Dressed in all black and donning a mask, he watches the sleeping city silently. 

I'm back, Italy. This is where it all began and this, is where everything will come to an end too.

"Sir, the Society awaits you." Teddy, the servant who just spoke, bowed his head before leaving the room. 

The man strode out of the room calmly, down the hallways that are lined with pieces of arts and exhibits that are dated back to centuries ago. 

He pushed open the large pinewood doors leading towards the courtroom where the rest of the Society awaits him. The room fell silent immediately upon his entrance. 

He walked silently towards his designated seat, up high on the stairs, above every other seats. That's his rightful place. The ruler, the king of the Vampires. The man who was deemed worthy enough to lead the creatures of the night. 

"This room holds every single member of the Society tonight. It's been a century since we were all gathered here. I'm sure every one of you knows the purpose of this meeting." The King spoke confidently. 

Although it wasn't a question, every member in the room nodded, except for 5 individuals. The 5 individuals sat on seats that were just slightly below the King, which showed that they were the second in power. 

They were all of the same age as the King and they came from prestigious and high ranking Vampire families. Together with the King, the 6 of them were known as the Elders. The 5 of them were the ones who are given the authority and power to rule the rest of the Vampires should anything happen to the King. 

"The war, starts now." The King continued, his voice laced with vengeance and anger. 

Murmurs sprode through the entire room like wild fire and soon it erupted to something more.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Every member of the Society rose to their feet, chanting the words over and over again. 

The Elders sat still in their seats with a grim expression on their faces. One of them rose from his seat, exiting the courtroom unnoticed amidst the chaos and noise. 

"Jae." The servant that served him bowed his head in respect the moment he saw him exiting the courtroom. 

"Call me Youngjae, Theodore. I've said it a million times." There wasn't any authority or annoyance present in his voice. It was as though he was talking to someone that he regarded as a friend. 

Youngjae cruised down the hallway, heading to his room with Theodore following him. 

"Sir, I don't think that's a good idea." Theodore responded politely. 

Youngjae chuckled softly, "Alright, alright. As you wish, Theodore." 

Upon reaching the door of Youngjae's room, Theodore stopped in his tracks and bowed his head. "Is there anything I can get for you, Sir?" 

Youngjae placed a hand on Theodore's back, "No, thank you. But I would like to request for some peace and quiet should anyone like to enter my room." 

Theodore nodded his head in understanding. "Yes, Sir. Have a good rest." 

Youngjae smiled and receded into his room and Theodore closed the doors gently after he has entered. 

Youngjae strode over to his study desk, pressing a button on the desk. An illuminated screen appeared above the desk seconds after. A girl's face filled the screen and Youngjae smiled softly. 

He traced his fingers over the screen, over the girl's face. "Only you can save him, Soah. We will meet soon."