02; Takeoff

The Power of Love

 

02. 

 

 


 

"We need to stop him, Youngjae." 

"Himchan, I've repeated this a thousand times. We can't." Youngjae said exasperatedly while rubbing his temples. 

"So we're just going to sit back and watch him start a war against the rest of the OtherWorlds? You know what that means for us, Youngjae." Concern and worry filled Himchan's voice. Even during the bloodbath and war that took place when the Vampires are being hunted, Youngjae has never detected a single trace of fear and uncertainty in Himchan's voice. But now, the presence of fear and uncertainty was obvious and clear. 

Being creatures of the night that have lived for seven hundred years, there was close to nothing that they need to be afraid of. For no OtherWorlds were foolish enough to wage a war against the entire vampire clan. Not with the Elders around at least. 


But the King calling for a war against the rest of the OtherWorlds? Now that's a different case. There was a truce that the Vampires had to adhere to. A truce that was put in place so that they won't be hunted down like preys anymore. For as creatures of the dark, they were deemed to be evil, cunning and too powerful to be stopped. But the perception of the Vampires started changing when the King saved close to 90% of the OtherWorlds' population when a civil war broke out among them. 

After the war ended, a trial was conducted and the truce was signed. If the King were to call for a war against the rest of the OtherWorlds, the truce will cease to exist and they will be hunted down like preys again. 

But the King didn't show a single trace of fear and this could only mean a thing. He planned on killing the entire OtherWorlds population so that the Vampires won't be hunted down again after the truce ends. 

In the eyes of the Elders, it was a suicide mission. Though the entire Vampire clan, if everyone stood together, was stronger and faster than the rest of the OtherWorlds, the OtherWorlds had their own important assets that will tip this war to their favor. It was too much of a risk. 

"It's not like you don't know Daehyun well enough, Himchan. He can't be stopped once he has set out to achieve something." Youngjae said tiredly. 

Himchan sagged into the couch in Youngjae's room, feeling like all hope is lost. 

*Not all hope is lost.* Youngjae thought while gazing at Himchan, reading his thoughts. 


••• 

 

"Mum, I'm telling you that everything is going to be alright." Soah reassured the worried party at the other end of the line. 

"I know, Soah. But I can't help it, you know. You're different from the rest of the OtherWorlds." A sigh was heard shortly after. 

"Mum, I know, that's why I've promised to lay low and not attract any unwanted attention. I'm sure that it would be fine, Mum." Soah said patiently. 

"I guess you're right, Soah. You're 19 now, I'm sure you'll know how to handle it." 

Soah smiled softly. "Yes, Mum, you can trust me on that. I'm not a reckless person, you should know that." 

Soah's mum hummed in response. "Alright alright, I'll not disturb you anymore, Soah. Go socialise with your room mate and the rest of the students in your campus. I'll talk to you soon, okay?" 

"I'll call you a few days later, Mum. Don't worry, okay?"

"Okay. Take good care of yourself, my beautiful daughter." 

With that, Soah ended the call, a blissful smile lighting up her face. 

 

Meanwhile, at the same time, over in Italy, a man and a woman watched this scene quietly. 

"She's the one. I'm very sure of it." The woman said while placing a hand on Youngjae's shoulder. 

Youngjae smiled softly. "Nothing can disrupt the flow of fate." Youngjae winked at the woman cheekily. The woman chuckled heartily in response, smacking Youngjae's shoulders. 

"Well, you were the one who came to me back then, begging me to create a happy ending for the both of them." 

The woman who was standing beside Youngjae in his study room was a Fate. A Fate was able to foresee a person's future, seeing the various possibilities that might arise should a person make a different choice. Because of their ability to look into someone's fate, a Fate was highly sought after when parties were keen to alter their fate. Since a Fate was hard to come by, it would require a substantial amount of influence and pulling of strings to locate them and to convince them to help out.

And Soah was the one that Youngjae went to great lengths for in order to convince the Fate to change their fate. Because he felt that Daehyun deserved happiness after everything that had happened to him.  

He used to doubt that Soah will be able to break the mask and facade that Daehyun was putting on but now, after observing her, he was sure that she will be able to do it. She needs to ensure that Daehyun lets go of all his vengeance and anger, if not, the whole Vampire clan will be doomed.