Promise

When I needed You Most

When Lay was practicing his dance moves in the prcatice room he received a letter from a trainee saying it was important. He looked at the.envelope curious. Who could have sent him the letter?

When he opened it the letter was in Chinese so he thought it was from his parents but his parents never wrote letters so who is it?

Dear Yixing how are you? It's me your buddy Yifan. We shared unforgettable moments together. We laughed and cried together. You were my best friend Lay. When you receive this letter I'll be gone. When I'm gone Yixing I want you to take care of Amber for me. I trust you Zhang Yixing. You were the first one I told I was going out with AmberYou were the first person who befriended me. You helped me when I had trouble in EXO. You were my best buddy Lay. Lay please take care of Amber for me. Watch over her and help her. You know she's pregnant right? I want yo I to help take care of my child when it's born. In fact I want you to become the father I couldn't be. But i won't force you or Amber to get together. I know Amber also has special feelings for you and you're my best friend... I trust you... Now that I'm gone comfort her when she's sad. Make her smile when she frowns. And love hug her when she's lonely. I now depart... Your good friend Wu Yi Fan aka Kris Wu.

Lay POV

Kris? I promise I'll take care of her Kris. Yi Fan I promise you and I'll keep that promise. 

Tears rolled down his eyes as he promised KriHe quickly wiped his tears when he heard a voice call for him. Amber.

Amber: Oppa!

Lay: Yiyun aren't you supposed to be practicing?

Amber: Oppa don't call me that! And for your information I'm already finished. 

Then she started crying.

Lay: why are you crying Yiyun?

Amber: O-o ppa t-t-today is K-kr-kris d-died. C-can we g-go-o vi-s-sit him?

Lay: of course Amber. Now don't cry Kris wouldn't like that. Come on let's go.

Then he took her hand and without informing his manager he drove away. Before they left he asked Amber for the address of the cemetery. Then he punched the address in his GPS and droveas away. The ride was quiet. Lay focused on his driving while Amber fell asleep. He glanced at Amber and her angelic sleeping face. A smile formed on his lips as he looked at her. After an hour and thirty minutes of driving they arrived. He gently shook her from her sleep.

Lay: Amber we're here.

Amber: oh okay.

Then they got out of the car and went to where Kris was buried.

Wu Yi Fan lies here. Kris was a brother a son a husband and a soon to be father. Sadly he died on August 15 2015. He truly loves his parents and his sister. And his beloved wife Amber Liu.

Amber: hey Kris it's me. Look who I brought. Lay your best friend. Actually he drove me here. Kris I hope your happy. Kris it still haunts me that you died in my arms but I'm getting over it. Kris are you watching me? Fx is getting ready for a comeback. It's a song called four walls. You'd like it. Kris I really miss you but you're in a better place now. I miss your hugs and kisses. I miss your voice and the way we used to hang out. If I could travel back in time I would Kris. Just to see your face. I just wanted to say I miss you and will always love you my angry bird.

Amber motion to Lay as a sign that he could say what he wanted to.

Lay: hey buddy. Long time no see. I wish you would have told us. We could have gone through it together. You know the boys miss you and I do too. Yi Fan I will keep my promise to you. Yi Fan thanks for being a brother and best friend to me. Yi Fan are you watching? EXO is getting bigger like you wanted. We've topped charts with Call Me Baby. I wish you were here to sing with us on stage. I wish you would be here to celebrate with us. Yi Fan I miss you a lot. Yi Fan your child is getting bigger you know. I know you would have been a great father. Yi Fan you were a great man. Yi Fan thanks for the memories. 

He placed a red rose that he bought on the way. Amber put down a picture of them together. Lay took her hand and went toward the car. On the way it started raining. Amber couldn't run because of the baby so Lay picked her up and ran towards the car. On the way back the rain was getting worse. Thunder and lightning strikes. He looked over to Amber who was shivering from the cold and her fear of thing we showed. 

Lay tried to find the closest hotel to stay for the night. After 20 minutes driving he found one. He once again carried Amber bridal styled and ran to the hotel. 

Receptionist: Omg are you Lay and Amber? I'm a huge fan!

Lay: yes but can you keep this low key? I dont want other fans to know

Receptionist: yes.

Lay: great we need two rooms

Receptionist: umm that will be a problem. We only have one room left. All the others are filled.

Lay turned to Amber worried. He was a guy she was a girl that was pregnant. People would think wrong.

Amber: it's okay Oppa. We'll take the room.

The receptionist gave them the key and they were off. First off Amber took off her wet clothes and wore the robes that were provided. Lay did the same thing. He turned the heater on so Amber wouldn't be cold at night. Then he heard her stomach growl which made him laugh.

Lay: hungry Yiyun?

Amber: deh

Amber was so hungry she didn't even cared that Lay called her YiYun. They ordered food and waited for it to arrive.

Amber while eating suggested they call fx or EXO before they sent a search party out.

Lay: hello? Hyung? It's me Lay. I'm at a hotel right now with Amber. Can you please let fx know she's safe? Hyung we went to get something but then it started to rain really hard. And the car tire was flat so I couldn't drive. Yes I understand hyung. Neh. I'll explain to him when I get there. Yes hyung.

Amber: I'm sorry Oppa

Lay: what for?

Amber: because of me you're in trouble. 

Lay: Amber it was my choice to come here so don't blame it on yourself.

Amber: Oppa?

Lay: hmm?

Amber: what did you mean when you said I'll keep my promise to Kris?

Lay: that. It's nothing. 

Amber: oh okay

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5!!!! A little bit of LayBer moments!! 2016 is finally here!!! Hope you liked the chapter!!