Happiness

When I needed You Most

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she silently read the letter. She read it over and over again. How could she find love when her heart was already stolen by him? How could she when all she thought was about him? How could she when she only loved him? How could she when he affected her this much? How could she move on? How would she ever find love again. How could she feel love again? How? 

Amber POV

Kris how? Tell me how. Help me Kris help me. 

Victoria came out of her bedroom to hear and see Amber crying again. She saw that she had a letter in her hand. That must be the reason. Victoria went over to Amber and patted her. She stoked her back to calm the crying girl.

Victoria: shh Amber stop crying. I know Kris would not like to see you cribg like this. I know it hurts Ber but you've got to stay strong for Kris and the baby. Too much crying will affect the baby. Shh stop crying. You know crying won't help. We're here for you now stop crying and go clean your self up.

Victoria's nagging brought a tiny smile to Amber. She understood every word Victoria said even though she said it in Chinese and Amber didn't understand like a pro. She wiped her tears got up and cleaned herself. Once in the bathroom she looked into the mirror and promised herself never to cry about this again. She took a nice clean shower and ate. After that she went to SM for practice. She met up with Lay there.

Amber: hi Oppa

Lay: hi Amber how are you?

Amber: I'm fine oppa what about you?

Lay: I'm fine Amber take care of your self. Anyways what are you doing here today don't you have your monthly check up?

Amber: omo Oppa I forgot! But there's no one to take me. Eunnie has a schedule today and the maknaes have movies. What to do? Eottokhe?

Lay: don't worry I'll take you there. 

Amber: thank you Oppa but don't you have to practice?

Lay: I can practice anytime the most important thing right now is taking you to the hospital.

Amber was touched by his words.

Amber: thanks Oppa.

Then he took her hands and drove her to the hospital. In the car Amber told him about Kris's letter. She didn't know why but she felt if she could tell Lay anything. Lay listened to every word she said.

Lay: take your time Amber. Kris isn't telling you to find someone right away. He just wants to make sure you find someone nice and caring possibly good looking too.

Amber: Oppa! We're here. 

As they registered the nurse told them they would make an exceptionally cute couple. Amber blushed. It was surprising. It's been a long time since her face turned red. Then when the doctor came she mistaken Lay for Amber's husband cussing both of them to blush. 

Doctor Sandra: Amber your baby is healthy but make sure you eat healthy and don't lose sleep. Don't over work yourself and don't put too much stress on yourself. And you as Amber's husband you have to make sure she eats and sleep. Understand?

Lay: yes ma'am.

Once they were out of the hospital Amber apologize for what happened.

Lay: no need Amber. Now that they mentioned it I do think we look cute don't you?

Amber: very much Oppa.

Amber smiled. Her real smile since Kris's death. 

While Lay was practicing Amber bought him food. Then they talked and joked like usual. It was like they travelled back into time. They didn't even bother to talk to the other members that were in the room.

Xuimin: I want some food to Ambeo

Kai: don't even try hyung she listen. Look at them. Do they even know we're here?

Baekhyun: nope.

EXO watched as the two converse and were in their own little world. The two didn't notice all eyes were on them as they were too busy. 

Amber: oh Oppa Victoria eunnie tested me to come home. I'll be going now. Wait when did you guys get in here?

Kyungsoo: we've been here since forever Amber.

Amber: how come I didn't notice you guys?

Kyungsoo: probably because you were too busy with Lay hyung

Amber: oops sorry guys. Bye.

All eyes were on Amber as she hurried to go home.

Sehun: it's been so long since I've seen noona like this.

Lay: I know but give her time guys. She'll be back to her old self.

Then the all looked at him.

Lay: what?!

Chanyeol: while she was happy you took her attention. She didn't even know we were there.

Lay: uh I'll make dinner.

That seemed to make everyone forget about their little anger that was growing inside of them. Dinner was enough to make the anger inside of them disappear.

Krystal: Amber you look happy today what happened?

Amber: nothing really

Luna: unnie you're so lying I saw you with Lay oppa

Amber: fine I just hung out with Lay Oppa that's all.

Krystal: unnies blushing.

Amber: guys stop it.

Victoria: it's okay Amber we won't tell.

Amber: unnie you're not helping.

Victoria: hahaha we're joking Amber. It's nice that you're smiling again. Because of Lay.

Amber: unnie!

Everyone laughed as they continued to tease Amber. It was a good day. A day that brought happiness to Amber once again. The baby inside of her kicks with joy as it heard it's mother laughing.