- 8 -

몰래 (Secret)

Once Soonyoung and Myungeun arrived at the river banks, they walked in silence. Throughout the whole year that Myungeun knew Soonyoung, she's never seen him this quiet. When they stepped in the car, she expected him to cry. Instead , Soonyoung tried to lift up the mood by singing songs that were playing on the radio. Despite his efforts, Myungeun couldn't help but feel pity for her friend. She hated to see Soonyoung so upset, but she didn't dare to bring up the topic and try to comfort him.

 

Soonyoung,on the other hand, was in peace. Usually , if he was with another member, he'd feel embarrassed with the way he's acting. However, with Myungeun, he felt calm. Myungeun was someone who didn't let out their emotions easily , but her presence itself is comforting. Or it's intimidating, depending on the situation. An upset myungeun was never good, especially when she proved the members that she can easily beat up a guy when Seokmin about the supposed “ flirting “ with Junhui. That day still lingers in Soonyoung’s memory, especially Seokmin’s painful cries when Jihoon and Vernon had to pry Myungeun off his face. The boy looked over at the girl beside him, who wore a frown on her face. Soonyoung felt bad that Myungeun had to witness his reaction after Mingyu’s rejection, but it annoyed him that Myungeun was more worried over him than herself.

“ Myungeun ah, it's ok, I'll live. It's not like I'll die if I'm not with him- “ He faced his friend and grabbed her hand, giving it a light squeeze. “ - I'm won't show my weakness in front of him. “

Myungeun frowned, but didn't let go of his hands. Instead, she hugged him. “ I'm sorry this is happening. “

Soonyoung rubbed her back. “ Why are you sorry? Nothing's your fault. “

Myungeun grimaced. “ I wish. But I deserve to suffer and die. I hate my life. “

Soonyoung, stunned at Myungeun’s dark tone, froze in his place. “ park myungeun.. don't say that. “ He cupped her face, making her face meet up with his. When he saw the tears coming out of her eyes, his heart broke. Myungeun, someone hard as a rock when it comes to emotions, finally exploded. Her tears turned into sobs, and Soonyoung could only watch his best friend break apart.

“ Myungeun, what's wrong. Don't cry, please … “ Soonyoung voice started to crack, he was starting to tear up at Myungeun’s condition.

‘ Mingyu, right now, it's myungeun who I need to be with. ‘

 

Myungeun sobs soon died out, ending with a case of hiccups. Once she calmed down, Soonyoung approached her. “ What's wrong ?”

Myungeun weakly smiled at her best friend worrying over her, and she didn't want to burden him. But her emotions had finally taken over her. “ I ruined everything, Soonyoung. I ed up. “

“ no you didn't… “

Myungeun sighed. “ I lied to Jiyeon unnie, plus work with her supposedly dead boyfriend, I've robbed people, I've murdered people, I have a relati- I'm a bad person, Soonyoung. “

“ are you saying we’re bad people as well? “

“ … “

Soonyoung smiled. “ you're overwhelmed with the whole situation with Jiyeon huh? Don't worry. Joshua hyung won't come tomorrow , and we'll all take a break and work in the shop with Chan, Seungkwan, and Vernon. Don't worry. “

Myungeun smiled at Soonyoung’s words. She was supposed to comfort him, but instead, it's Soonyoung comforting Myungeun.

“ Is there something you want to let out ? Say it to the night sky, and I'll take you home. “

Myungeun looked at him with a confused expression. “ Does it really work? “

“ it works for me “

With his suggestion, Myungeun agreed. Soonyoung expected her to yell it out, but instead, she said something in such a weak voice, it made her look fragile.

Throughout the car ride back to her house, Soonyoung couldn't stop thinking about it. He looked over to her seat, finding a snoozing Myungeun. Her words somehow haunt him.

‘ what does she mean by, “ i love you, even though it's painful ? “

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“ Hyung, are you sure you’re staying here? noona’s going to kill you if you do…” Vernon cautiously asked Joshua. Today was the day that Jiyeon visited the café and he didn’t want to stress his hyung even more than he was. To think that you lied about your own death to both your family and girlfriend, becoming into someone that will disappoint them must have been hard for Joshua. Vernon tried to think of the possibilities why Joshua would do such a thing that ruined his mental state, but he couldn’t understand his motives.

Joshua turned his face around to look at the younger and smiled. “ Don’t worry, i’ll stay in upstairs. Seungcheol and Jeonghan will introduce themselves as her boss without- “ Joshua sighed when Vernon’s worried expression wouldn’t change, “ - Besides, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen Jiyeon’s face.”

Joshua’s face darkened . “ Too bad she wasn’t there with me at the time of the incident. “

“ What ?”

Before Vernon could reply to that statement, Wonwoo walked in. “ I hate to interrupt, but they’ll get here any moment soon. “ As he was about to walk out, Wonwoo noticed a picture frame hanging on the wall. It was the picture that Joshua couldn’t bear to lose. As he walked towards it, he noticed the older’s facial expression  fall.

“ Wonwoo... “

“ It’s for your own good,hyung. You’re hurting yourself even more with this picture. “ Wonwoo looked down to face the said item. It was a picture of Joshua and Jiyeon’ vacation to Joshua’s hometown around three years ago. They were both wearing similar denim style clothing.

‘ how pitiful … ‘ wonwoo thought.

Joshua stuttered. “ W-wo-wonwoo, give it to me. “ Vernon was still in the same place he was before wonwoo barged in, and now he couldn’t dare to move a muscle. All he could do was helplessly stand in the corner and watch the scene.

“ Jisoo hyung.” Vernon grimaced at Wonwoo calling Joshua by his Korean name.

“ Don’t call me that, Wonwoo. “ Joshua gritted through his teeth.

Before things got out of hand, Vernon spoke up. “ Alright, break it up you two. “ He snatched the photo frame out of Wonwoo’s hands ( Which earned him a glare, but at this point, he didn’t care. ) and placed into Joshua’s grasp. “ hyung, if you need anything, just text me. I’ll come in once Jiyeon leaves. “ With that, Vernon took  Wonwoo’s hand and led him out the room.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“ Unnie, promise me you won’t be so nosy towards my coworkers. “ Myungeun pleaded the older girl as she parked their car. Jiyeon, already having knowledge about where Myungeun worked at, could only nod. “ But there are some things that have to be answered. I can’t fully trust them, especially since they’re all men. “

Myungeun shaked her head. “ what’s so sinful about me working with a staff of all men. It’s not like they’re trying to hit on me. “

‘ lies, they’re all a pair of hungry wolves .’ Myungeun thought.

 

“ I don’t know, I just have to make sure they don’t try anything funny. “

“ Whatever. Come on, we’re here. “ The younger girl ushered her best friend out the car.

As they walked towards the entrance, Jiyeon felt a pair of eyes pierce into the back of her body. When she turned around, there was nothing. However, that feeling returned, and she looked up towards a window with the curtains slightly moving. There was a unsettling feeling in her stomach, and it started to worry her.

‘ Could it have been him … ‘

 

“ Unnie, what’s wrong? “ Jiyeon looked up to face the younger girl’s worried expression.

Jiyeon shook off the feeling and tried her best to smile. “ I’m just hungry, come on, let’s go in.” She took myungeun’s hands and rushed her inside the building. When they stepped inside, Jiyeon regretted her decision of even coming. There were no customers inside, but she felt a pair of twelve eyes look at her. For some reason, none of those eyes felt welcoming.

 

A male with light blue hair approached the duo. Jiyeon gulped when she felt his eyes examine her hand meddling with Myungeun’s.

“ Myungeun, who’s this ?” His tone didn’t seem one bit interested.

Jiyeon swore that the male was glaring at her. Myungeun, on the other hand, expression brightened and she gave the brightest smile Jiyeon had ever seen.

“ Soonyoung, this is my best friend, Jiyeon . Unnie, this is one of my co workers and close friend, Kwon Soonyoung. “

Soonyoung smiled upon hearing his name, and offered a handshake. Despite the friendly gesture, Soonyoung’s eyes didn’t change.

 

“ Myungeun, you’re late . “ A taller male than Soonyoung with a deep voice approached them. Myungeun’s smile fe ll and she flicked off the taller male in front of her.

“ off, Wonwoo. “ Myungeun mocked. Wonwoo smirked. He grabbed the girl by the wrist and pulled her against his body. Myungeun was taken aback by his behavior, and it was clearly visible on her face. Sure, they played around a lot, but there something different in the glint of his eyes. Soonyoung laughed at the pair, leaving Jiyeon annoyed by the close contact that Myungeun and Wonwoo’s bodies were having.

‘ get off her, get off her, get off her, get off her ‘

“ What are you two doing ? “ A new voice chimed in. This time, Myungeun reacted differently. Her eyes widened and she pushed Wonwoo with so much force that the male fell down.

 

The new voice raised an eyebrow. “ No need to push him, Myungeun. “ Wonwoo groaned at the mentioning of his name while Soonyoung helped him up.

“ Junhui, you’re here early. Your shift doesn’t start for another two hours. “ Soonyoung remarked.

Junhui smiled. “ I felt like coming early. “ He looked at Myungeun, who kept her eyes down from facing him.

“ Myungeun ah, are you avoiding me? How can you avoid your best friend? “

When she felt all eyes on her, Myungeun looked up and let out a awkward laugh. “ Hahaha… I thought you weren’t coming today..”

Junhui pouted. “ But I heard your close friend was coming, and I wanted to introduce myself. “

 

Soonyoung sniffed. “ Ah yes. “ He  pointed at Jiyeon , “ Jun, this is Jiyeon, Myungeun’s best friend and roommate. “

Junhui beamed. “ Best friend, huh? Guess you and I have to fight for that title.” He chuckled.

Jiyeon laughed. Junhui was different. Unlike Soonyoung and Wonwoo, he seemed to be more welcoming and friendly. The only thing that bothered her was that Myungeun would look afraid, and Wonwoo would look mad when he saw her staring at Junhui for too long.

 

“ Myungeun, I hate to ruin the mood, but you should start changing so that we can open the shop. “ Wonwoo stated. Myungeun let go of Jiyeon’s hand and smiled at her. “ Unnie, you can leave if you want, or just relax at a booth. “

Jiyeon smiled back and ruffled the younger’s hair. “ Don’t worry about me, just work hard, Ok? “

Soonyoung awed. “ Ahhh, young love” He placed his hand against his chest as if he had a heart attack.

Myungeun raised a threatening fist. “ One day i’m going to beat you up for real. “

 

 

 

 


A/N: hello ! it's been a while :^) I'm sorry that this story has been dragging, I've been loosing time to update. I also recently have gotten into nct ,so majority of my ideas go towards my nct otp lmao