- 3 -

몰래 (Secret)

Yoo Jiae could ony sigh at her younger friend pacing around the room. Jiyeon had invited her over for a cup of tea. Jiae didn't expect her to be freaking out over Myungeun not coming home at the time she promised.

" Jiyeon, she's probably stuck in trafic or something. I'm sure she's fine, quit worrying. " Jiae calmly assured the panicked girl as she sipped her tea.

Jiyeon, however, was the complete opposite. " You don't understand unnie, Myungeun always comes home before 9pm. Something's off here..." Jiyeon said as she nibbled her nails.

Jiae scoffed at Jiyeon's overprotective behavior. She set her cup on the table and walked towards Jiyeon. " You, my friend, act as if she's your boyfriend or something." Jiae accused as she snatched Jiyeon's hands out of . Jiyeon pouted, which caused Jiae to roll her eyes. " That might work on Myungeun, but it won't work with me. Doesn't she have someone as her ride?'

Jiyeon's eyes widened. " Oh, that's right, she has that sharp tooth boy as her ride!"

Jiae raised an eyebrow up. " Sharp tooth boy?" Her confused expression was soon replaced with a mischievous one. " Do tell me more, darling."

Jiyeon rubbed her hands, hoping they'll stop sweating. " Uh, they picked up Myungeun in the morning to go to work. I think it's her co worker."

Jiae smirked. " Co worker my . Jiyeon ah, you're so oblivious it hurts me." Jiae placed her hand on her chest as if she was having a heartburn.

Jiyeon, confused by the older girl's words, blinked. " What do you mean? Are you saying Myungeun is in some secret relationship?"

Jiae dropped her hands from her chest and sighed. " Who knows, maybe that's the reason she's so late right now. Maybe they're currently having se- AHH! " Her words were cut off by a cry of pain, thanks to Jiyeon flicking her on the forehead.

The younger girl glared. " That's it, I'm calling her."

Jiae rubbed her forehead and grimaced. " Aishh, and I though my ex was clingy."

 

 


 

 

Myungeun cringed when she saw the time on her phone. ' Crap, I promised her I'll be home by 9..."

Mingyu noticed the older girl's nervous aura and tilted his head. " Noona, what's wrong? Scared that your girlfriend will at you for breaking a promise?" He mocked, earning a chuckle from Wonwoo.  Myungeun, however, didn't find it one bit funny.

" You guys are s. Why do you keep assuming I like her?"

Wonwoo shrugged. " Until you get yourself a boyfriend." He looked over to Myungeun, her pout replaced with a blank face. " I mean, you could date one of us-"

Myungeun shook her head. " No thank you, I'm fine being single." 

Mingyu laughed. " No, the reason you're not dating is because you're saving yourself for your " Jiyeonnie~" He mocked.

Just as Myungeun was about to defend herself, her phone rang. Wonwoo looked at the caller ID and smirked. " Speaking of the devil"

Myungeun widened her eyes and gulped as she picked up the call. " Hello?"

" Hi Myung~~ It's me , Jiae Unnie.

" Hi...Jiae Unnie...um.. where's Jiyeon unnie?"

" Oh, your girlfriend? Yeah, she's being a brat and annoying me. Get the home or I'm raiding your apartment."

Mingyu laughed. " See, she is your girlfriend. Wonu Hyung, she is dating!"

" Be quiet Mingyu!"

" Eh? Mingyu? Wonu hyung? Myungeun ah, are you with your co workers?

Myungeun ran her hand through her hair in annoyance. " Yeah, why?"

" Are they both guys?"

" yeah..."

" HA.  A . MYUNGEUN AH, YOU NAUGHTY GIRL. HAHA THIS IS AMAZING, OUR LITTLE MYUNGEUNNIE IS GROWING UP SO FAST, SHE EVEN DID IT BEFORE US! WITH TWO GUYS! DO YOU HEAR ME JIYEON, TWO GUYS!

Myungeun felt her whole face heat up. It didn't help when she looked over at Mingyu and Wonwoo, both with smirks plastered on thier face.

" Jiae unnie, you're misunder-"

" Listen here you hoe, I don't care what position you're in right now, tell your boyfriends that you have to meet up with your jealous girlfriend right now. I will not tolerate you being banged by two guys while I'm suffering, listening to Jiyeon crying."

Myungeun wanted to dissapear. " Foe the second time, where's Jiyeon unnie? "

" Myungeun ah, I have to hang up now~ Jiyeon's about to throw a vase at me. If you can't walk, call me later and I'll pick you up. Bye~~~"

" Jiae unnie? Hey, don't hang up!!!" Myungeun yelled but it was no use. Jiae already hung up on her. After what she said,  Myungeun believes that Jiae is drunk. Thanks to Jiae, can't face Mingyu nor Wonwoo in the face after she accused them of having a .

' If one of them starts something, I swear."

" You know, a wouldn't be such a bad idea" Wonwoo said in a fake innocent voice."

' I spoke too soon...'

 

 


 

 

" Where's Jiae unnie?" Myungeun asked as she took of her shoes.

Jiyeon sighed as she rubbed her forehead. " I kicked her out before she caused even more trouble."

Myungeun only nodded. She bit her lip before she cleared up the misunderstanding Jiae made. " Jiyeon unnie, I wasn't fooling around. It's true I was with my two co workers, and they're both guys, but-"

" Wonu and Mingyu? I understand, you guys were probably stuck in traffic or something." Jiyeon said.

" Wonu is actually Wonwoo, and yeah, you know how Korea is."

Jiyeon softly smiled. " You know, you work a lot for being at a smoothie place." Myungeun laughed awkwardly and placed her hands behind her head. " Haha, yeah, I guess you're right, but I get payed a nice amount."

Jiyeon looked down, her smile slightly fading away. " Are there no other girls were you work?"

Myungeun blinked. " Pardon?"

Jiyeon looked up, her smile now replaced with a slight pout. " You're always talking about your co workers. You said you work with 13 other people. But not once have I heard a girl's name. "

Myungeun felt her cheek redden. " Yeah, they're all guys...I'm the only girl at work, so they call me princess." She sheepishly smiled.

Jiyeon doesn't know why, but she felt her stomach turn when she heard Myungeun's nickname. " Ah I see." She walked past Myungeun, turned off the remaining light, and got in bed. She left Myungeun standing there in the dark.

Myungeun, however, didn't notice Jiyeon's frown. She took off her jacket, changed into her pajamas and climbed in bed along with Jiyeon. Usually, after a long day, she would sleep right away. But today, she wanted to feel her best friend's warmth. Without giving Jiyeon a warning, Myungeun placed her arms around the older girl's waist and brought her closer to her body.

Jiyeon, who thought Myungeun would right away fall asleep, jumped at the younger girl's bold action. It didn't help that she felt Myungeun's hot breath on her neck. She knew that they do these kinds of things multiple times, but today, Jiyeon felt relieved that Myungeun was with her and not the 13 other guys.

 

 


 

A/N:  I intended for this to be longer, but exams are coming up and I have writer's block, so forgive my lack of creativity and description ;; The ending though, asdsfghjkl , Jiyeon, are you developing feelings for Myungeun? TuT I'll try to update as soon as I can~ School is being a little lately :')