- 6 -

몰래 (Secret)

" Look who's back " Seungcheol exclaimed as Mingyu, Soonyoung, and Myungeun entered the shop. The older was sitting in one of the booths that the shop held, waiting for the younger ones to come back from their mission that Jeonghan and Joshua gave.

 

" Honestly, it wasn't so hard to kill Heejun. Especially with the princess here charming him with her looks. " Soonyoung remarked, pointing to Myungeun when he said "princess". " All she had to do was call him oppa and he fell for her. Disgusting, I know"

 

" You'd do the same though, hyung. Don't deny it just because noona is here." Mingyu teased. As the two boys were bickering back and forth, Seungcheol noticed Myungeun's quiet aura. Being one of the usual loud members along with Seungkwan and Seokmin, her sudden aura alarmed Seungcheol. He got off the booth and slowly walked towards the girl

.

" Myungeun, are you ok? " Seungcheol asked when he stopped himself in front of the petite girl. His voice caught the fighting duo's attention, dropping their fists to look at the Situation. Myungeun, flustered with the sudden amount of eyes on her, avoided their gazes and dropped her head to the floor. "Nothing, I'm fine." She let out, but to the three men, it sounded forced. Mingyu and Soonyoung gave each other worried looks, and Seungcheol sighed.

" It was your first time, wasn't it? "

Myungen looked up. " What?"

" I asked if it was your first time."

" First time what?"

Seungcheol let out an annoyed sighed. " I asked if it was your first time killing."

Myungeun blinked. " It was, and I'm not doing it again. " Mingyu and Soonyoung widened their eyes, hoping that Myungeun would stop talking before she pisses of their leader.

Seungcheol glared at the girl. " Listen, death will happen, whether it's natural or murder. You're part of this gang now, you can't feel pity for others. " He walked towards Myungeun, causing her to walk back until her back reached the wall. " As your superior, you do as I say, whether it's theft, drugs, murder, anything.  We don't live in a fairytale, Myungeun, you either get what you want in a fair or unfair way. In our case, people betrayed us, so we have to get what we want through revenge." Seungcheol growled.

" Unless you want to be those who try to preserve a perfect world in their mind and isolate themselves from reality, you can't pretend to be a saint. Quit it Myungeun, you're not a little girl anymore. Either leave this clan or protect what you love."

 

Myungeun glared back. “ Don't tell me what to do Seungcheol,  I'm not someone to mess around.” She grabbed one of the hands that Seungcheol used to pin her against the wall and pushed it out of her way. “ There are better ways to get money other than stealing, we can just get jobs and live like normal civilians instead of living in fear of getting caught.”

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow at the girl. “ Then why are you still here?”

Myungeun gawked at the question. “ Excuse me? “

“ Why are you still in this clan then? If you so desperately think that what we're doing is wrong, leave. We don't need that kind of attitude within our workplace .” the older coldly stated.

Myungeun scoffed. “ Maybe I will.”

 

Mingyu and Soonyoung, who were witnessing the bickering, soon felt uncomfortable with the sudden tension in the air.

“ Hey guys, let's not fight. We’re all one big family right? Ohana means family, hahaha…” Soonyoung awkwardly laughed.

Mingyu shaked his head at Soonyoung's attempt to ease the atmosphere. “ Seungcheol hyung, I'm sure noona doesn't mean it. She's just a little shaken from the trip, that's all. It is her first time, so don't you think you should go a little easy on her? “

Seungcheol laughed in disbelief. “ Do you really want her to keep acting like a child? Either she leaves the clan or she stays.” He yelled.

“ Maybe you should stop being a jerk and listen to me Seungcheol!” Myungeun yelled back.

 

“ hey hey HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! .” Joshua yelled as he walked in the room along with Jeonghan. “ Why are you guys yelling at the top of your lungs? We can hear you all the way upstairs.”

Mingyu and Soonyoung dropped their heads in shame, while Seungcheol and Myungeun glared at each other.

“ Why are you guys looking at each other like you're going to murder one another?” Joshua asked in a annoyed voice.

Seungcheol was the first to break away from the cold eye contact. “ This one here”, He points to Myungeun, “ thinks we should drop that whole act and become normal.” He spat out.

Joshua raised his eyebrows. “ And that's making you mad? What the Seungcheol? “

Seungcheol grimaced at Joshua's use of swearing. “ Me? Why are you blaming me? She's the one who's backing out, not me, Jisoo.”

 

“ He just called Joshua hyung by his korean name” Soonyoung whispered to Mingyu, who looked frightened.

Jeonghan sighed “ Quit it. Seungcheol, it's my fault for sending Myungeun on without knowing her weakness and training her.” He looked at Myungeun. “ Next week, we will drop your missions so that you can get training by Junhui and Seokmin. No more of this pitying, Myungeun,  it's affecting your ability to do your job correctly. “ He announced.

Myungeun widened her eyes. “ Then who's going to do my missions? You can't do that!” She frantically let out.

Joshua blinked. “ We'll have Jihoon and Seungkwan complete them, they've been cooped up in the office. I'm sure they'll be glad to finally get some fresh air by now. “

Myungeun ran her hand through her hair. “ What about my payment? Will next week's payments be cut off because of my training?”

“ Depends on how your training goes, so I suggest that you do a good job. “ Seungcheol said.

Myungeun whined. “ But-”

“ No buts Myungeun, we're trying to help you out here.” Joshua looked at her. “ Let's get some rest now,  it's been a long day. “ With that, the members, except for Myungeun and Soonyoung, left.

 

Myungeun dropped down to the floor and put her face in her hands. Minutes later, Soonyoung heard muffled cries coming out of . He walked over to Myungeun and placed his hands on her back.

“ Endure it a little more, Myungeun.”

The girl looked up at the source of comfort and weakly said, “ Can you take me home, please ?”

 

 

 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 

When Myungeun entered the apartment, Jiyeon was sweeping the floor. " What are you doing?" Myungeun asked.

The older girl looked up from her broom, and smiled. " You're back? There must have been a lot of customors, since you've been gone for almost two days. " 

Myungeun awkwardly laughed. The younger took her place on their shared bed and sat down. " Yeah, there were a lot of people today. Especially with my co workers being  students, I had to do a lot of work."  Myungeun flopped down onto the mattress and took off her socks. " Poor students, trying to work and balance school at the same time.

Liar ' Jiyeon thought as she placed broom behind the refrigerator. " You know, I want to visit your workplace. You've been working there for the past year now, and not once have you invited me over. " The older eyed Myungeun. " Are you trying to hide something from me? " 

Myungeun, flustered at the sudden question, shook her head. " No no, of course not! It's not like i'm trying to hide something." 

More like someone '  Jiyeon sighed. " What if I suddenly come over one day? What would you do? "

Myungeun gawked at her older best friend. " Do you, by any chance," She stood up, " know where I work?"

' Of course, I followed you and those two other guys .' " No, but I don't understand why you haven't introduced to your workplace. My beauty can attract more customers you know." Jiyeon made a flower pose with her hands. Myungeun, baffled at Jiyeon's behavior, scoffed and rolled her eyes. " Ha, don't be to full of yourself, unnie." The younger bit her lip. " Are you free this weekend?" 

Jiyeon nodded her head. " yeah. why?"

" I'll take you this friday."

Jiyeon widened her eyes. " Huh?" 

Myungeun shrugged. " Since you so desperately want to see where I work at, I'll take you this Friday." Jiyeon, shocked from Myungeun's will to take her, was at lost of words.

" Unnie, i'm tired. I'm going to take a quick shower and take a nap." Myungeun got off the bed and walked towards to bathroom. " Bye."

With that, she left Jiyeon standing alone in disbelief.

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Hello ! It's been a while since my last update. Sorry for the delay, I've been drowning in school work for the past three months now, but the school year is almost over in two weeks! However, I have Final exams next week, so i'll most likely update once i'm on summer vacation :) 

I tried to make this chaper a little more interesting, but it"s pretty plain haha.. Sorry if the story seems like it's dragging T.T

anyways, it's almost Myungeun's birthday, and i'm excited !!!