- 5 -

몰래 (Secret)

" Jiyeon ah "

" ......"

Jiae ran her hand through her long locks and let out a frusterated sigh. " How do you expect me to help you if you're not even talking? " She yelled out. The older girl was currently pacing around the younger's apartment, coming right away after a sobbing Jiyeon called her late at night. What Jiae didn't understand was that Jiyeon refused to speak after she calmed down.

" If I tell you, you'll just think I'm crazy." Jiyeon bitterly let out, tears threatening to fall out. " You'll just say that I'm being delusional and should go back to therapy again." The doll-faced girl tightened the grip around her cup of warm milk Jiae made.

The older girl softned her glare. Jiae looked at Jiyeon's condition, taking note that her face was turning paler by the minute. She walked over to the couch Jiyeon was sitting in, placing her own self next to her. " Tell me what's wrong then. How can I judge you for something that hasn't been told to me? " Jiae placed her hand on top of Jiyeon's , giving it a squeeze. " I might not be Myungeun, but tell me what's going." She urged.

Jiyeon looked down at their hands interwined together, no expression on her face except for the tears in her eyes.

" Jisoo is alive."

Jiae widdened her eyes. Did she hear right? Jisoo...is..alive?

" w-w-which ji-jisoo?" She carefully asked.

Jiyeon bit her bottom lip. " My ex-boyfriend, Jisoo....Hong Jisoo."

Jiae internally sighed in relief. She hoped that it wasn't Seo Jisoo whom Jiyeon saw. However, it was impossible for Jiyeon to see Hong Jisoo. He passed away in a car accident in the states while visiting family. Recieving the news of her boyfriend's death, Jiyeon went into a deep depression, making herself isolated from the outside world. Myungeun was the only person that could calm her down, especially went she tried to commit suicide several times in the past. Although Myungeun could calm her down, she definetly couldn't stop the nightmares Jiyeon had about Jisoo's death. That forced Myungeun and Jiae to take Jiyeon to a therapist that could help her cope with her lover's death. Jiyeon got better overtime , but right now, hearing her deceased partner's name again made Jiae worry.

" Jiyeon ah...you know Jisoo passed away. " She grimaced when she saw Jiyeon's sorrow expression turning dark.

" See, there you go. I told you you wouldn't believe me! " Jiyeon yelled at the older girl as she threw her cup across the room. The cup slammed into the wall, falling to the floor in shattered pieces. The ehco of the impact could be heard throughout the silent apartment.

Jiae stood still. ' Where the is Myungeun? '

" Jiyeon, what triggered you to remember Jisoo?' Jiae asked.

By now, Jiyeon was heavily breathing. She's mad that Jiae is taking breaking her promise of calling her delusional. It's always been this way after Jisoo supposedly " died in a car accident in Los Angeles ".

" I'm telling you unnie. I saw him. I saw Hong Jisoo. My own eyes saw him. WHY CAN'T YOU ING BELIEVE ME, YOO JIAE ?!" Jiyeon screamed as she threw the items on the table.

Jiae gawked at Jiyeon's use of informal tone and swearing. She's never seen this side of Jiyeon, even when she was dealing with Jisoo's death. Jiae knew how important Jisoo was to Jiyeon. The Korean-American and Native Korean started off as best friends, before Myungeun met Jiyeon. After years of being friends, Jisoo confessed to Jiyeon on her birthday, making Jiyeon in awe because she also had a crush on him. Their first dates were awkward at first, but overtime, they became comfortable with each other. At one point, Jisoo had to move to the states to be with his family for a while, promising Jiyeon that he would comeback in three years. He asked Jiyeon to come along, but she didn't have the courage of leaving her family behind. Also, she also didn't want to leave Myungeun. Jisoo was aware of Myungeun's older sister Jooeun and had a great hatred for her. When he found out that had a younger sister, he told Jiyeon that no matter who they are, he would kill them. Jiyeon didn't want to break contact with Myungeun , let alone Jisoo kill her, so she kept her identity a secret. When Jisoo left, Jiyeon felt lonely, so she would always be with the younger girl. The day that Jiyeon recieved the news of Jisoo passing away from his parents, her whole world came crashing down like a tidal wave. For months, she had constant mental breakdowns and nightmares about Jisoo, so therapy was the only solution to bring Jiyeon back to her senses. But now that she was mentioning Jisoo's name again, Jiae knew something was going terribly wrong.
 

" Kei...Where did you see Jisoo?" Jiae asked, using the nickname Jisoo would use on Jiyeon whenever they were fooling around.

Jiyeon froze. The last time she heard the name " Kei" used on her was when Jisoo was departing from the airport, embracing her a tight hug while saying " My precious Kei, wait for me."
 

" He was at Myungeun's workplace." She whispered.

Jiae looked at Jiyeon in disbelief. " What? That's not possible.. " She looked at the window, seeing the city of Seoul moving in the cold darkness.

Jiyeon started to weep. " I'm telling you Unnie, Jisoo was talking to Myungeun and two other guys." She dropped down to the floor and sobbed.

Jiae rushed over to Jiyeon's side and embraced her in a tight hug, letting her tears run down her shirt. It pained Jiae so much to see Jiyeon in such a horrible condition, and all she wanted was for Myungeun to come in and calm Jiyeon down. But now that Myungeun was one of the reasons Jiyeon was in total shock, she's not so sure om what to do.

" Jiae unnie, what if Jisoo's knows about Myungeun's sister? Do you think he'll kill her? Or what about me? Do you think Myungeun told him about my condition? Oh unnie, what do I do? I can't believe they're both doing this me? The most important people in my life lied to me. " Jiyeon was pratically shaking by now.

Jiae didn't want to upset her even more with Jisoo's death, so all she could say was " I'm sorry."

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Myungeun groaned as she looked at her watch. It read " 9:00 AM". By now, the cold night was replaced with the bright daylight. Not to mention that Soonyoung was blasting SHINee songs in the car.

" Ugh , can you play something else? You've been replaying the same songs for the past hour. " She reached out for the CD player when Soonyoung swatted her hand away, making Myungeun flinch at the sudden sting.

" OW, THAT ING HURT SOONYOUNG!" She yelled at him.

Soonyoung shushed her. " Keep it down, Mingyu is sleeping in the back. Besides, it's my car, so it's my CD player and my choice of music we listen too. "

Myungeun clicked her tongue. " Tsk, SHINee isn't even that great to be honest, Nine muses makes better music." She commented. Myungeun looked over at Mingyu, who was sound asleep.

" Damn, I expected you to thirst over guy groups like normal fangirls, not girl groups." Soonyoung mocked. He looked over to see that Myungeun wasn't even paying attention to him. " Yah, did you hear me?"

Myungeun took her gaze off Mingyu and flicked Soonyoung's forehead. " You bet I ,you brat. And for your information , I stan Vixx's N , but I'm not some fangirl, thank you very much." She stated.

Soonyoung grimaced as she rubbed the stinging area on his forehead. " For a girl, you can sure make a guy cry , you ."  He cursed.

Myungeun showed a fist at him. " And what's that supposed to mean? Of couse I have to hurt you guys, or else you guys think I'm some submissive women that you can get into their pants for your own pleasure." She cursed back.

Soonyoung laughed. " I can't believe majority of the members have or had a crush on you."

Myungeun sticked out her tongue. " You did too, Kwon, You did too."

Soonyoung shook his head. " What do you mean, Park?"

" I'm not forgetting that speech you gave me." Myungeun chuckled.

" What speech"?

" The ' You're hot, I'm hot,and we can make beautiful babies one." Now it was Myungeun's turn to laugh.

Soonyoung's ears were now a bright red. " Oh my god, you still remember that? " He asked in a embarassed tone. When Myungeun first came to work for them, Soonyoung was impressed by Myungeun's ability to throw a punch, even beating Junhui and Seungcheol in a match once. He also noticed that she wore clothes that showed her curves, making her hard to resist. He's sure that the other members have or had a crush on her. He's especially sure that Wonwoo and Jihoon have the biggest crush on her at the moment. Mingyu could be a possible canidate, but he's naturally like that ( which made Soonyoung a little jealous.)

" But seriously, why are we doing this?" Myungeun asked in a quiet voice, which caught Soonyoung's attention.

" What do you mean, why are we doing this?" He asked.

Myungeun played around with a loose string of her bag. " I don't know. I just feel paranoid now a days." She confessed.

Soonyoung sighed. " Is it because you feel bad lying about your identity at work from your friend, Jiyeon?"

Surprised at lack of using "girlfriend' to refer to Jiyeon, Myungeun shook her head. " It's not that. I've lied plenty of times now, so that's natural to me."

Soonyoung tilted his head, trying to keep his attention on the road. " Then what is it Myungeun? Did one of the members get you pregnant? Do you want me to beat their for you?" He joked, hoping to bring up the mood.

Myungeun lightly chucked. " No. I'm just scared that one of us will get caught one day. I can't bear to see you guys being taken away. You guys are like family." She looked at Soonyoung and scoffed. " Even if the majority of you want to get in my pants.'

Soonyoung laughed. " You're pretty, which gender can resist you?" He smirked when he saw Myungeun's face turn red. " We won't get caught, I promise." Soonyoung softy smiled at the worried girl.

" But right now, Jeonghan made us do something really bad. We just poisoned a famous clan leader. Soonyoung, this isn't some drug dealing buisness or theft. We just murdered someone. "Myungeun whispered. " I don't want us to be seperated. Why can't we drop the whole illegal bull and sell smoothies like our undercover identities? " She asked.

Soonyoung weakly smiled. " I wish I can drop the act too, but you know how the 95' line hyungs get when we bring this up. Plus, we all need the money, especially you and Joshua." He said.

Myungeun sulked. " I might leave the clan."

Soonyoung stopped the car. He looked at Myungeun's direction, shock clearly shown all over his face. " What? Why?"

" There's someone after me. I'm risking you guys and Jiyeon unnie's lives. I can't have that happen. You guys mean a lot to me."

Soonyoung bit his lip. " Myungeun ah, who's after you?'

Myungeun looked down. " Someone who's obessed with me. An old friend that I used to have. "

Soonyoung's expression turned sour. " Is it the girl that you faked your death for?"

Myungeun stood still.

" Is it...Lee Mijoo?"

Myungeun faced Soonyoung, giving him the saddest smile he's ever seen. " Bingo."

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Hello~~~~ It's been a long time since I've updated huh? Sorry to keep you guys waiting, school has been really stressful lately, not to mention I have dance practice more often now. But here's an update now :,,) I tried to make it more descriptive, so hopefully it's better than my previous chapters. Anyways, today is Kim Jiyeon's birthday! Happy birthday to 1/2 of the main vocal line along with Myungeun! Wish Kei a happy birthday <3