06 Beautiful Lies

All You Never Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beautiful Lies- Birdy (Listen to this while reading the chapter)

A/N:

Hello! Yey, new update here.

Hope to see your comments because it motivates me. Tell me if the story flows too fast. 

Drama on for now. Let the fire buring after. Hehehehe.

Hope you'll enjoy this one.

 

********************************

Krystal

 

When I got home, Jong In was already waiting on my room staring in space like his eyes were planted on it for an hour. As soon as our eyes met, I saw the need on his eyes but unlike the session in the rest room, he is somehow different by this time. He is no longer the monster I am afraid of instead he seems like a tamed beast – gentle and caring.

That night, our tongues dance along the rhythm of our trembling hands as our bodies united as one. I know the moment I received his message, I knew we’re going to lead into this.

Every and move he made were as gentle as if it was our first time. Every moans and caresses made me feel like I was having the greatest time of my life. But at the back of my mind, it gives me a false hope that this being I am sharing my every breath in between our hungry kisses and this being I am giving my whole heart and soul will someday look at me like I am the only one on his eyes. But as our backs laid flat on my bed, I knew this was only one of my wildest fantasies.

That night, he made me feel like I am loving the Kim Jong In I met few years ago.

 

Morning came so fast. But unlike the other nights and days that passes, Jong In stayed. He stayed. I gaze at his angelic sleeping face as my fingers try to reach out those deep brown locks of his hair that drapes on his forehead. His hair grew so fast or he just forgot to have his haircut? I smiled at the memories as I thought of how fast he ran just to escape from me. Cutting his hair is a very hard one to do. Do you know that? It was like I was pleading a 5 year old boy to have his hair cut done. From the first time I touch and curl my fingers on his locks, I can say that it is still soft as the baby’s. I love curling my fingers and pulling it gently to put him at sleep when work pressures him much. I wonder if she does that to him too.

 

From the moment my eyes landed on him. Memories flood like there’s no tomorrow. How bittersweet to recall them but I love how bitter it taste on my tongue.

 

“Love the view?”

 

I chuckled as I withdrew my fingers. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t even notice his eyes opened.

I nod at him as a soft thin smile curve on my lips. His lips curved upward too that reaches to his eyes. His eyes glint like rare crystals. I miss how his eye smile melts my core in snap of a finger. His gaze deepen at me as his hand caress my back. As we stay on my bed, I just pull myself to his chest. I buried my face on his warm toned chest as I try to bury the fear building up on me.

These things happening are just too good to be true. I know I miss the old Jong In – the Jong In I first met who have seen my brokenness and the Jong In I fell in love with. But when things are falling into places, it seems that any moment these beautiful things will be gone in wink of an eye. I’m scared that this is his way of leaving me – of saying goodbye. Because the night he kept his lips sealed, I know his answer already.

I almost forgot my schedule today. Jong In asked my whereabouts so I told him everything except for this talk I have to do. We ate breakfast together. After that, he kiss me good bye for his work. I did not dare to ask when he is coming back because I don’t want to hope for more. I know that when he needs me, he’ll come back. I know that when he needs me, he’ll smile to me again like the way he used to do. But for now, I’ll just be contented with these beautiful lies.

 

 

 

 

I went to the office first to get my materials and other paraphernalia. As I get my materials, I saw a yellow sticky note posted on the top of my MacBook.

 

Good luck, I know you can do it. Fighting! – Victoria

 

I smiled. I guess this is the second time I smile today. I hope this is a good sign for the whole day.

 

 

 

It was 9:30 AM when I arrived at the function room near the auditorium of Seoul National University. If only I have woken up earlier, I’ll be strolling around just to breathe the air on the school field and reminisce the good old days. There might be memories I no longer want to remember here but the rest of it makes me smile and crave to do it again. SNU was a home to me when my mother disagreed on my career. Studying and reading became the comfort I needed just to distract me from all the failures, rejections and fears I have. Music filled the emptiness when everyone doesn’t want to stay beside.

 

“Ms. Jung, isn’t it?” I turned around and saw a man wearing a simple rose pink plain sweatshirt. I nodded at him and smiled. Maybe he’s 5 years older than me.

 

He offer his hand, “Please to meet you Ms. Jung. I’m Mr. Kim Kibum. I am the coordinator of this event. Glad to finally meet you.”

 

“Nice to meet you Mr. Kim. Thank you for inviting me for the talk.”

 

He waved his hands shyly at me then cleared his throat like he just cleared up his mind from something. “No worries Ms. Jung. Actually, Victoria recommended you for this talk and honestly I thought she’ll send someone who’s old in her geeky glasses and stares like a terror Math teacher. But, look who’s standing in front of me. You are, way too young I guess.”

 

Wow, he’s way too blunt but not offending.

 

I look on my outfit then I nod at myself. I guess I just wore the appropriate one. Cream striped shirt underneath my navy blue suit is not that bad paired with my white pants and pink high heels. Not too young, not too old.

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment then.”

 

That awkward moment turned to a different one. Well, he’s a good talker. All the invited speakers stayed with me in the function room. Kibum or Key orient us about the program of the talk. Honestly speaking, this is the first time I’ll be sharing my experiences about my undergraduate course – Piano. How did I got to be the Editor-in-chief of a magazine? When Taemin left, I lost my passion to music. I lost the love of letting my fingertips play the piano that I once love to do. I forgot about myself. I forgot the old pieces of me but the moment I met Jong In, that’s the time I found a new career. If Victoria hadn’t seen me playing piano in our company event, I guess she’ll not recommend me here knowing that I am not one of the outstanding students when I was studying here. But I guess, fate was trying to draw me closer to the once I loved to do.

 

The program has two parts. First, where we shared our experiences here in SNU and our career. The other speakers talk about their promising rise in the music industry as a professional pianist and a musical director of plays in the country. As for me, I wasn’t able to avoid to share a bits of how I got out of line from my undergraduate course. The least that I expected happened, music students reacted the other way around. They don’t pity me for not pursuing what I truly love before but saw how events could turn different from our decisions. They admire how I got up from the rise and fall of my life. I told them how things were difficult when no matter how hard you try to grasp on your dreams but fate was too elusive from your hand. The whole time I spoke in front of the crowd of fifty students, my smile never falters. I showed them that even I no longer pursue music, I still love what life has to offer to me. I told them to take their time to find themselves – to love who they are. Play until their hands hurts and sing till their throat aches. Maybe that will be time they will realize if music was truly their passion or merely a shallow pursuit. I hoped that they learned from my dramatic sharing. Hahaha. It’s really hard to pour your hearts out in this way.

 

I decided to leave after the talk because of my paper wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter