09 Treat You Better

All You Never Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N:

Here's the update for this week. I'll try to update again. I've been thinking of changing the storyline and ending. hehehehe.

Sehun

 

“I see that you’re doing well Sehun. How’s your cough and cold?” he sound so calm yet I felt the sarcasm on it.

 

“Not that bad to accompany Soojung here.” I glanced at Soojung.

 

Her eyes were filled of worry and pain. My instinct told me to protect her from hyung so I interlaced my fingers with hers and slightly squeezed them. Somehow, I felt her hand began to relax and with that I gave her a small smile to lighten up her mood.

 

Someone seemed to dislike my moves and I know that even I’m not looking at him, I feel his glare digging holes on my face. He hates it. He hates me for being so bold in his presence. I know he can’t advance any moves right now because Yoojung is with him but sooner or later I would repay this one shot courage I have. Friends or not I have to let him taste his own medicine.

 

I’ll let Kim Jong In taste the bitterness of his lies.

 

Junji and his fiancée were busy entertaining the other guest while we’re stuck with Miyoung and her husband and with Hyung. The rest of the guest we’re having their dinner as they try to catch up with each other’s lives. Just like us on our table.

Yoojung was the talkative one along with Miyoung. It was a surprise for us to know that Miyoung was Yoojung’s second cousin which I guess Krystal doesn’t know even Jong In that was evident on their eyes when their relationship was revealed on our conversation. The table was filled with laughter, giggles and teasing. Most of the time Miyoung starts the conversation then Yoojung would just ride along the topic while Krystal, trying to ignore the awkwardness laughs and talks with them.

I reached out for her hand under the table then rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb. Her hand is cold – so cold that it almost hurt my skin. She’s still tensed but whenever I glance on her face, it was as if she has nothing to cover up in front of Yoojung. Feigning her feelings seems so natural. However, her hand tells the contrary of it. Maybe, for the years they’ve been covering up their affair, she had learnt the etiquette of being a mistress. I hate to think of that word because somehow, it hurts me just to think of Soojung giving herself to my friend.

 

“We hope you won’t get mad at us. We just heard few years ago that you had a miscarriage with Taemin’s child. Is that true?” Miyoung suddenly asked.

 

I was caught off guard with the sudden shift of topic. The rest was surprised too. I was so drowned with my own thoughts without even noticing that Soojung’s being the center of the discussion again.

 

I saw hyung’s expression changed. His eyes darkened as he gaze deeply on Soojung’s face. Does he know this Taemin guy they are talking about?

I looked down on her just to see her biting her lower lip uncomfortably. I guess they didn’t have a closure until now. Just thinking of the possible reason makes me want to hunt down that Taemin and make him apologize to Soojung or maybe just make him talk to my fist instead.

 

“But Taemin is studying in an art school right?” Miyoung added like she’s poking more sensitive spot on Soojung’s past.

 

“So he’s been persistent in pursuing our Soojung here before huh.” Minhee teased, one of her classmates that appeared out of nowhere. Why do girls like to stick their nose on others’ lives?

 

“We really thought that you and Taemin will really be inseparable.” Miyoung tilted her head as she wait for Soojung’s answer.

 

Deafening silence engulfed the atmosphere.

 

Like anybody else,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter