04 No Angel

All You Never Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No Angel-Birdy (Play the song)

 

 

A/N:

Because I'm happy, here's another update. I will be really happy to see your comments too. 

Enjoy~

 

 

 

“I just wish that someday, she’ll look at me too.”

 

Soojung shuddered as those words rang like haunting bells at the middle of the night. Those words were not as plain as she wanted to sound but those words were coated with hope and plead. As much as she wanted to deny it, Sehun tried to confess a while ago and damn, she felt his gaze as if caressing her entire core.

Sehun drove her to her workplace after their conversation that lead to an unwanted-shotgun confession. It was her who broke the awkward silence between them. Sehun might noticed the anxiety and awkwardness in her eyes and that’s the time Sehun asked her for a ride. She didn’t turn him down. This is the least she could do for him.

 

“Wow! Wow~”

 

Soojung sat up straight on her swivel chair as Victoria tiptoed the glossy black tiled floorings towards her table.

 

“I didn’t expect that you’d be this… this messy. Wow, I thought you’re buried with all of these”

 

Victoria carefully picked the crumpled papers on the floor just to show it to Soojung.

 

“Is this how you really work with the deadline?” She smiled at her half-heartedly.

 

Soojung knew that Victoria isn’t reprimanding her for being messy because she feels that she is trying to poke into something. She might not be that close with her, she’s the best person to trust with in their company.

 

“Unnie, I can’t start and finish anything.” She mumbled. Her pen dropped from her fingers. Her slender fingers made their way to her temples to massage it. Headache is threatening to irritate her.

 

Looking around the four-corners of Soojung’s office, it is no doubt for Victoria that she’s telling the truth. Her eyes glanced to the younger one’s face. It shows worry and anxiety as if this woman in front of her carries dozens of baggage on her shoulders. It is the same silhouette she sees when she’s sitting on her table. Victoria feels it’s not work that consuming her but a different one that she can’t just tell to anybody.

Victoria heaved a sigh before pulling a chair to Soojung’s side. She took her hand a soft smile slipped on her lips. This is the least that she can do for her.

 

“Unload it Soojung. You carry too much baggage.”

 

“I don’t. Get it.”

 

Victoria lifted her index finger and pushed the creases growing in the middle of her brows.

 

“Been there, done that. I don’t know the real story girl but seeing you in this state tells me that you’re carrying too much of your baggage every day. Look at you…”

 

Victoria took the small mirror from her table, “…your eye bags and wrinkles are partying on your face. It’s horrible.”

 

Soojung playfully hit the elder on her arms, “Yah! Unnie, I’m still pretty with or without eye bags and besides I’m aging. Wrinkles are kind of normal.”

 

Victoria fanned herself from hearing those words from her. “Says the one who’s not vain. Says the one who’s half of her salary goes to cosmetics.”

Soojung gawked at her in disbelief. “I need to be presentable at least.”

 

“Uh huh. Presentable you are.” Victoria nodded in agreement sarcastically.

 

She put down the mirror back on the table and stood up. She folded her arms and gathered the crumpled papers from her table, “Seriously, you need to do a lot of unloading Soojung. Well, we don’t consider each other as friends but take my advice as a sister. Please. So got to go.”

 

Victoria waved at her while she nod at her with a smile. She knows that the older one knows nothing but she knows she really needs to do a lot of unloading but can she?

 

 

 

 

“Oh Sehun, will you reproduce copies of these blue prints? Kris hyung really need it.” A tall elf-eared guy handed him rolls of blueprints.

 

“Hyung~” Sehun waved folders of papers in his hand.

 

Chanyeol, electrical engineer, 27 years old and single. Another friend of Jong In who’s working their asses off just to achieve their friendship goals – to succeed on their chosen career and have their own company.

 

Chanyeol put all the blueprints on the young one’s table. “Please I’m begging you. I really have to go but Jong In asked me to do this. Can you do it for me Sehun?”

Sehun scratched his head as if it suddenly became so itchy. Looking at his hyung is such a pitiful sight.

 

“Please~ just this time.” Chanyeol plead while rubbing his palms together. When he is about to kneel in front of him, he yanked his hands up as he heaved his deepest sigh.

 

“You’ve said that too last week. But okay I’ll do it. As your kind maknae-“

 

“Okay thanks bye. I so love you Sehun. I’ll bring bubble tea next time!”

 

Chanyeol shouted as he sprinted out of their office. Heads turned to Sehun while low giggles and chuckles could be heard in the background. His ears turned red as tomatoes so to defend his ego, he composed himself again while fixing his necktie in place.

 

“Go back to work. We have deadlines to beat!”

 

As if on cue, all heads were buried on their tables and all cubicles started to look normal as if nothing comical happened a while ago. He knew that Chanyeol was up for another date – specifically a blind date. This hyung of his never stopped scheduling himself for a blind date because of their friends’ teasing. He can still remember the night that Kyungsoo got really mad and cursed him when they are drunk that among them all, he’ll be the last one who will get married. After that night, Chanyeol was bothered of Kyungsoo’s curse on him though all of them just laughed their asses out because why would you take a drunk man’s words seriously? Well, he is Chanyeol and he is going to be restless about it until he gets married this year. Another thing that they bear in mind, never annoy a drunk Kyungsoo especially never talk about his narrow shoulders or SatanSoo would appear in front of your very eyes.

When he’s done with the blueprints, he rushed to Kris’s office just to drop all the needed buleprints but the hyung he’s looking for is not there. Instead, Jong In was standing still on the glass wall as he watches the vehicles pass and stop by.

As if Jong In felt that someone’s staring at him, he whipped his head towards Sehun’s direction.

 

“Hyung, have you seen the Great Picasso?”

 

Jong In laughed at him. Great Picasso, it was their nickname for their Architect Wu Yi Fan.

 

“He went out to buy us coffee. We’ll have an emergency meeting here so just stay here with me. Wait, are those the blueprints?” Jong In pointed at the rolls of papers on his arm. Sehun nodded at him and with that, Jong In shook his head.

 

“He’s out again?”

 

“You know, he’s kinda paranoid with Kyungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter