Epilogue

Adolescence

A/N: Double updates: 014 and epilogue. Thank you for the comments! I hope you would enjoy the endings as much as I do. Happy reading.

 

 

1

Had I known on the first sight that I would get married to him one day?

Nope. Not on the second sight or even the third.

I only knew that it was no coincidence that we met in the campus tour through a mutual friend. God had never arranged an accident without mapping out the consequences. So this was the result of catastrophe. Me, in a wedding dress, seven years after our first meeting. Him, waiting by the closed-door in his dashing black suit. My parents were crying, obviously. My relatives teased me that I finally got married.

Perhaps I was captivated by his straightforward nature. I had seen through his insecurity, his sadness, his sorrow and I loved him through it all. His love lasted for seven years. And I had no doubt that the rest of our lives would be the same. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2

I did not have much recollection of her on the first time we met; perhaps just a very awkward girl who refused to meet my gaze. But you know what people say; the strongest kind of love grew through time. The first time we kissed, I knew she would be someone important in my life.

The second time we kissed, I realized I had fallen for her too deeply to ever climb up again.

Third time we kissed… Well, she proposed to me.

She was walking down the aisle and . I was not going to cry.

Kim Jongin, don’t you ing dare to cry. . She looked so gorgeous. 

Good Lord, how could I be so lucky to have her in my life?

 

 

 

3

 

Six years.

Seventy-two months of waiting.

Two thousand a hundred and ninety days flew away.

Memories faded away, but the shadow was there, in the corner, swallowing, drowning me in this painful epiphany. I recalled the day when I first saw her for the nth time. It was the day I realized that there might be more to life than it already was – that there was someone who looked at me unyieldingly, as if I was faultless and perfect.

Six years.

Seventy-two months of breaking the rules.

Two thousand a hundred and ninety days were merely a distant memory now.

If that was so… Then why did I cry again?

How could I love her so?