Chapter 2

Suki Dakara

 

After dropping by at their house Haya goes back to their dorm, its just a block away from her mom's house. She is living with Mitchie and Jedai.

 

" How's your mom Haya?" Jedai asked while eating stuffed bread that she bought at the store near their house.

 

"She fine.." she lies down on the sofa.

"Did you see your step dad?"

 

" No, he's at school."

 

Jedai sit beside her. She's very serious and thinking twice if she will say to Haya the news that she have.

 

" Is there a problem Jedai?"

 

" Haya, Rowan is here. I saw him outside of our house and he wanted to give you this."  she hand the letter to Haya.

 

Haya smiled a bit and said that she will change her clothes. She went to her room. She thinks twice if she will read the letter. She remembered the day that Rowan left her. Rowan is her boyfriend when they we're in 3rd year high school they got separated because Rowan went to U.S. to study.

 

That’s why she dont like dates, cause it reminds her of Rowan. She strives hard at studying just to forget Rowan and now he's back.

 

While outside, Mitchie is angry at Jedai. They were with Haya since grades school. They saw how Haya was hurt when Rowan left. And now they are worried for her.

 

Haya is still sitting in her bed , looking at the letter. Finally she decided to open and read the letter.

 

              Haya chan,

 

    How are you? I'm so sorry for leaving you. I know you are angry at me. I really need to go to U.S. to study. But now I'm here I want to see and talk to you personally. There's a party at our house on Saturday it's my mom's birthday she wanted to see you. I hope you will come. Let’s see each other at the mall at our favorite place.

Haya I'm expecting you to come.

 

                                                                        Rowan

 

Now Haya is thinking deeply. Will she go or not?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

" Sir Migs.. your mom is waiting for you." their maid hurriedly meet him at the main door.

 

Migs went to the living room and she saw familiar faces. It was his auntie Xandra and cousin Rowan.

 

" Rowan, auntie is that really you?" he asked excitedly. " What are you doing here? You are living in U.S. right?"

 

Her auntie hugs him. "Migs you are man now.. before you we're still a small kid same as your cousin."

 

"Of course time goes by auntie, bro why did you come back?"

 

" Miguel your cousin doesn't want to stay in the U.S. he wants to stay in the Philippines from now on"

 

" Why all of a sudden?" he asked curiously.

 

" Migs I want to settle some important things."

 

Migs' mother asked him about the overnight. And he boastfully said that he rescued a drowning kid. The most important thing is he met the kid's beautiful sister. Rowan asked him if he will court the girl. He directly said yes and very sure that he will take the girl as her girlfriend.

 

Even at school Haya can’t concentrate at her studies. She's thinking about the party and Rowan. Last night Jedai and Mitchie talked to her. They adviced her that if she's not ready to see Rowan, don't force herself to do it.

 

At her Baito ( Part time job in english.) on a fast food restaurant near their University. She's with Jedai. On their job there is a rule that you can’t talk to much with your co employee, but for Jedai she don't care about the rules if she wants to talk she will talk.

 

Now she's talking to Haya by means of whispering.

 

Haya is looking at the monitor." Welcome sir. may I get your order?"

 

" My order is your time after work." the guy said.

 

Haya looks up. " Migs?!" she said surprisingly astonished.

 

Haya is staying away from this guy, even his text and calls. She doesn't answer it. Now that this guy is right in front of her, she's irritated, Migs is like a mush room that comes out anywhere, anytime , at any place. If it's possible she want to leave just to stay away.

 

" Oh my gosh Papa Yuu is here. Haya look.."

 

" O shut up Jedai.. and please don't compare him to Shirota kun." she look at the monitor again.

 

She repeats her question about the order, but Migs answered the same thing. At the same time he's making a cute face in front of Haya. What the heck?! Migs is very irritating.

 

Haya talk to Migs with a fake smile on her face.

 

" Look at you, you look very beautiful when you're smiling."

 

" Miguel Kaye Laviste would you please stop this nonsense talking. I'm working here if you won’t order then leave." now Haya is angry.

 

" Hayate, is there any problem here?" it was Haya's supervisor.

 

Haya got surprised. She makes an excuse so the supervisor won't get angry at her. Haya set the order for Migs, she choose the very expensive food. Migs is ready to appeal but Haya raised her left eye brow. Migs shot his mouth and said that he will wait for Haya after work.

 

" Haya, Papa Yuu is picking you up."

 

" Uruse Jedai...." she said shut up.

 

After her work, she's waiting a jeepney at the waiting shed. A man stand beside her and declared a holdup. It’s already dark and several vehicles are passing by. Now what will she do? She's so worried and panicking. She begged the hold-upper not to harm her. The hold-upper said that what will she choose things or herself.

 

She's trembling with fear and dont know what to do. Suddenly a tall guy grabbed the hold-upper and punches it directly to the face. When Haya look who's it her heart beats fast cause it was Migs saving her from the bad guy.

 

When the police arrives Migs set all the things clear. Migs grab Haya's hands and hurriedly bring her to his car. Inside the car Haya is still shocked and speaking words that Migs can’t understand.

 

" Kore.....kore Nanda? nanda? nanda? Chikushou!"

 

Migs softly tap Haya's face. " Hey calm down its okay now."

 

Haya snap out of tension. she's surprised to see Migs on the driver seat. " You... what am I doing here?"

 

" I just saved you."

 

" I know..! Thanks to that.. I'd better go now." when she's about to leave the car. Migs stop her.

 

" Are you crazy? Its dangerous outside, you're safe here. come with me. I'd better discuss something with you. You’re in debt with me. First I saved your brother and now I saved you..."

 

Haya sighed deeply." Now you're saying that its my time to pay those debts.."

 

" You are a smart girl." he start the car engine and they leave.

 

 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

 

They went to a restaurant near the Baywalk Manila.

 

"Now what do you want to talk about?" Haya said with a plain expression.

 

"First of all smile this is our second dinner. You should be happy."

 

When Haya put a smile on her face. Migs got serious Haya got curious. When Migs said what he want Haya to do for him.

 

" NO!! " Haya stood up angrily.

 

Migs is asking her to pretend that she is the new girl friend of Migs. Haya don't like the idea its nonsense and the problem is she doesn't even know Migs personally and the same goes for Migs.

 

" Think whatever you want, I really need your help you are the perfect girl for this. I just desperately love this girl."

 

Haya saw the pain in Migs' face. Her conscience strike her. She remembered the feeling to be left alone with the person you love. She understand Migs very well at this point.

 

"What will you do if she won't come back with you?"

 

" i will do whatever I can to get her." the tone of his voice is very sad. " come on I'll drop you home."

 

"Okay I'll help you." She saw the nice smile on Migs face." But I have conditions."

 

"What is it?"

 

She enumerated the conditions. She said that first Migs will listen to everything she says. Second the plan is only a plan, Third no physical contact no Kiss. Migs appeal to the third condition, how will they look a couple if Migs wont kiss her.

 

Haya take back what she said and stand.

 

" Wait, okay.. no kiss but other things are fine except for the kiss.." he winks at Haya.

 

Haya raise her eye brow. Thinking that this guy in front of her is a big et.

 

Migs don't have any friends to ask about his plan. its better to ask another people that the people around him.

 

He accompany Haya to go home.

 

"This is my house.. thanks for saving me before." she smiled at Migs a real smile.

 

Inside the house Mitchie and Jedai are sneaking.

 

"O.. thats why this place is familiar. My pad is near here if we had a date I'll just pick you up.

 

When she got out of the car she heard Migs.

 

"Hayate, Thank you very much." and smiled

 

Haya wave her hand and wait until Migs leave. When she entered the house her friends grab her quickly.

 

"Hey its 11 pm already your so late Haya." Mitchie said curiously.

 

"You are with Papa Yuu, what did you guys do?" Jedai look maliciously at her.

 

Haya react quickly.." Hey you don't you dare think like that at me."

 

Michie is very worried at Haya she knows that its the first step for Haya to open up her heart again. " Haya ......."

 

"Mitchie.." Haya hug her." I know you guys are very worried about me. Thank you. but for now I need to see Migs we have a agreement."

 

"What agreement!?" Jedai and Mitchie said

 

"Its just a simple favor.. come on lets go to sleep now. we're early for school tomorrow."

 

Haya made up her mind that she will help Migs with his problem in order to pay the debt that she awe to that guy.....

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

long time no update.. :D