Chapter 5

Suki Dakara

 

Haya can't believe it, for the past few days she's with Rowan. Rowan is the one to meet her after school. His mom and him are always watching Haya's recital performances.

 

They are currently at the resto eating dinner after Haya's recital. They are talking about classical music and others.

 

"Ahm.... can I ask aunty, why did you came back here in the Philippines?

 

"Rowan son, I think its the right time to say the real reason to Haya." She went out of the resto.

 

"Haya I'll take you home now." he stood up and grab Haya's hands.

 

At the car on the way home, the silence is irritating Haya. She can’t stand to be silent all the way home. She knew that Rowan has a problem but he don't know how to say.

 

"Rowan."

 

Rowan didn't look at her. "Haya later.."

 

She shut , she felt that Rowan is very confused. She look at the mirror and hide her tears.

 

When they arrive, she's going out of the car but Rowan hold her hand but she reacted angrily.

 

"Let me go Rowan! I don’t want this anymore! I only ask for that stupid reason why you left! Is that to hard to tell the truth?" she's shouting with a hoarse voice she can't stop herself for saying her bad feelings towards Rowan.

 

"Haya calm down. Listen carefully, I went to U.S. to undergo medication, three years ago the symptoms of brain cancer was found on me. I didn't tell it to you cause I know you will worry. Its hard for me to leave you in that situation. I'm so sorry, but now that I'm here for the remaining days of my life I want to spend all of it with you. Haya I love you, I really really love you" He's holding Haya's face.

 

Haya felt devastated, now she knew the reason why Rowan left her. She felt powerless and starts to cry  in front of Rowan.

 

Rowan can’t stand to see Haya crying hope less in front of him

 

He hug her " Haya chan, don’t cry, we still have time to spend together.

 

"But why you Rowan? You need to leave me again and now it’s for real. I won’t be able to see you if that time comes. Why you? Why the guy that I really love?

 

"Haya chan, I'm happy to know that you still love me" He kissed Haya on her lips.

 

When she got out of the car, Rowan smiled to her and then leave.

 

"Haya, what was that? you are with Rowan?" Mitchie asked.

 

"You guys, what are you doing at this time?" Jedai's opinion.

 

They saw the very sad expression at Haya's face. Haya hug her friends and start to cry again.

 

"Rowan...... Rowan is dying..."

 

The two girls pause for a moment.

 

"He has a brain cancer and only have a month to live... He will leave me again!!"

 

"No way.... Haya be strong.."

 

"We're so sorry about that..."

 

She can't sleep she keep thinking about Rowan.. Still crying until she finally sleeps.

 

Few days later....

 

"Nee chan good morning!" Ivan came.

 

Her brother just want to see her. And with him is Rowan.

 

"Rowan?"

 

"Haya come with me." he is energetic and happy.

 

He is asking Haya to go to Baguio for one week. As a favor Haya agreed even she have classes she skip for it her friends will cover for her at school.

 

On the way, Rowan tell Haya about his experiences in U.S. about how the medication is very hard for him. Haya is just looking at him.

 

"Haya do I have dirt on my face?"

 

"No.. I just remember when we we're in high school the mall is the only place that we go, but no we're going to Baguio."

 

"Haya I want you to be happy in this vacation, cause maybe this is the last .but promise me you won’t get sad."

 

"Okay! you said so." she smiled

 

 

 On the way to Baguio is very long trip that’s why Haya is sleeping. She wakes up when they we're Rowans family Villa.

 

"Haya chan. Haya chan, wake up now we are here."

 

"He...re.."

 

"Haya chan your saliva is flowing, look my car seat is already wet."

when she herd that she get up.

 

"I'm so sorry Rowan, I didn't---" she saw Rowan laughing silently." You! you are a bad guy..."

 

When they enter the house, the place is so beautiful the furniture are all hand made by the Filipino artists. But she notice that there is no maid.

 

"Rowan, there's no maid? are you okay with that?"

 

"Of course! It’s a big favor for me.. you know being with you for a whole week..." his looks are teasing.

 

"HUH! don't you ever plan to do nasty things on me or else I'll punch you!" then she pinch Rowan's ears.

 

They spend the time going to the beautiful places in Baguio. seeing the mountain, the trees and the flowers at Botanical garden even the presidential palace in Baguio called the Mansion.

 

Haya is very happy eating her favorite fruit strawberry while looking at the view, the strawberries are fresh from Baguio's strawberry farm. the cold climate added the place to be a romantic dating spot for the couples. They we're eating ice cream but the is cream is not melting.

 

Haya is very happy with Rowan.

 

"Haya chan diner time, sorry if my cooking is not good as Migs cooking."

 

When she heard the name Migs. Yeah where is that guy? He suddenly disappear after the night that Rowan talk to him. That guy never call and text her. After eating she's still thinking about Migs. She go up stairs after finishing the dishes.

 

She is thinking what if that guy and Angel are okay again? she's not happy with that. She didn't notice that Rowan entered the room. she just notice him when Rowan hug her.



"Rowan, is something wrong?"



"No I just want to hug you for the very last time."



"I notice it before, you are not feeling well, I'll accompany you to your room."



"Haya I love you" he said with a very sweet voice.



Haya noticed that they we're near the bed, she is aware of what's happening, then finally Rowan lie her down in the bed. He start kissing Haya's shoulders up to her neck. BUT! Haya knows to herself that he likes Rowan and she want him to be the first and last for her, but why is she thinking about Migs all of a sudden? She must not think about him its unfair for Rowan.



"Rowan" there's a anxiety with her voice.



"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Good night.." then he walk out of the room.



The surrounding is very cold, even though she had a very thick blanket she cant sleep. and she's hearing a sound from the other room, it was Rowans room. She go there to check whats happening, she's knocking but nobody is answering, she opened the door and see Rowan holding his head he's on the floor.



She called the hospital for ambulance. At the hospital the doctors and nurse bring Rowan to the E.R. Haya was left outside and waiting. Haya is praying for Rowan's safety.



"Haya." it was Xandra Rowan's mom.



"Aunt Xandra."



"I knew it! Rowan is not listening to us!" Migs hit the wall.



Haya saw Migs in front of her, she set aside her feelings towards Migs and she think about Rowan.
Suddenly the doctor got out of the E.R.



"Mrs Xandra, come with me at the office."



"Hows my son?" Haya is with her.



"I told this to you before, Rowan is not listening, I told you not to allow him to get tired. And he must undergo medication, the cancer cells are all over his brain. He's a lucky person to live for another week we can say that his will is very strong he fight the cancer cells up t now. but we can't do anything. Anytime he will be gone."



At the E.R. Rowan is conscious and he's talking to Migs.



"Migs I awe you one.. thanks for letting Haya to be with me for the last time. Promise me you will take care of her. Please tell Mom and Haya that I really love them." After saying that, the machine goes flat line.



"Rowan!! wake up! Damn! don't do this!! Nurse!! Nurse!!!"



When Haya heard that she hurriedly goes to the room, She saw Rowan and he's dead.



"NO ,no, no, no!! Rowan wake up please!!" she's waking her up." Rowan!! Auntie..."



"Haya calm down... he wants to rest now..." She hug her.



The doctors try to revive him, but it won’t. Maybe because Rowan is tired of fighting the cancer even he really loves to be with Haya. He's able to live for another week just for her. What’s gonna happen to Haya now? Rowan is dead and he really left her alone again. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

This fic is the first one that I wrote way back so many years ago, I didn't edit or add some things that is why its so plain..  so this is me writing fics years ago.. hihihi  anyways please do take time to read it.. :D

 

~MiHyukie~