Events

Too Nice

 

Same Day

It was awkward for the most part, Minghao was still feeling flushed from the recent event and Jun didn't want to make him feel even more uncomfortable. Maybe jumping into the car wasn't the best idea but he couldn't think of staying out there with Mingming.

"I still have to stop by another store," Minghao brought up just as they were turning into a parking lot.

"Go figure." Jun retorted teasingly, it wafted some of the tension away when they smirked at each other. "What are you buying here?" They were walking towards 17 Carat, a store that sells basically anything anyone needs from apples to Zoo Books for low prices.

"I need to get office supplies." Minghao pulled the metal cart from the line of relatives and read signs to figure out his destination.

"Office Supplies are in isle 3." Jun pointed out.

"I knew that." Minghao backtracked out of the first isle. "I thought I saw something else I needed but I guess I'll get the office supplies first."

"Wouldn't it make sense to just get whatever you were getting in this?"

"No, I can grab it on the way back" Minghao threatened to run Jun over with the cart and finally shut him up.

"Whatever you say~" Jun dodged the foot coming towards him easily, "I'm just saying it would be easier to just take it now since you were already walking there."

"Did you follow along to tease me?" Minghao slouched over the cart rail the whole way over and Jun almost felt bad, almost.

"No, I didn't want to stay out there with Mingming. If you're just getting paper wouldn't it have made sense to just get a basket? Or you could have held it with your hands."

Minghao was setting a few stacks of paper into the cart, Jun took his place behind the bar, leaning over like Minghao was but in a much happier manner. "Jun if you're just going to bother me I'm leaving without you." He put a few pens in the cart too.

Despite the threatening voice he had earlier he still asked Jun if he had eaten.

"I ate some cereal before I called you."

"An hour ago..." Minghao noted, Jun's nod wasn't seen but Minghao knew.

"When did you eat?"

"2 hours ago." Minghao took the end of the cart and brought it towards the end of the isle then towards the register, hoping Jun forgot about the words he said just earlier.

"Didn't you have to buy another thing?" Jun came up next to him nonchalantly.

"Shut up." Minghao stepped on his toes. Jun made a grunting noise before using the cart as a crutch to get out. He leaned against the line of carts as he waited for Minghao, he didn't have to wait long though since all the other bought was paper and some pens.

"Why'd you take the cart?" Minghao said once he stepped out. Jun pushed himself off the metal carriers and shrugged.

"I felt like you didn't need it anymore, do you still need it?" He eyed the single plastic bag with a smirk.

"No, but I could have done it myself." He fiddled with the handles, slipping one inside the other in a braided pattern.

"You need to give up on thinking I won't do things for you." Jun wrapped his arm around the other's neck and lead them towards the car as if Minghao had forgotten where he parked.

"It's new to me," Minghao said, allowing the gesture, he even leaned his head onto Jun's shoulder a bit.

"What is? A relationship or someone doing something for you?" Jun let go of him so they could get in the car.

"You never asked me to be your boyfriend." Minghao teased, "I'm not used to people doing things for me."

"I asked you out on a date." Jun countered.

"That's a date, you never asked for a relationship." Minghao carried on his payback from earlier, starting the car as Jun thought hard about his statement.

"Oh, you know the flower lady?"

Minghao nodded, checking behind the chairs and the rear view mirror so he could back up without hitting anyone. "Her name is Mrs. Hana." He situated himself in his chair again and moved the shift to drive. "What about her?"

"She asked me about my favorite flower."

"What did you say?"

"Well, at first, I said that I didn't have one," Minghao made a disapproving noise, "What? I'm not a flower person." Minghao didn't say anything when he paused so the took it that he should finish, "I asked her if there was a popular yet uncommon flower."

There was an awkward pause for a while, "Oh am I supposed to guess what flower she suggested?"

"I wanna know what you think."

"Popular and uncommon huh? An interesting match of words." Minghao pursed his lips and bit the inside of his cheek, taking off a little if the inner skin. "Well there are a lot of simple flowers, but I'm guessing she gave you one that's white."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well when you get a flower, you kind of get it as an aesthetic type of thing, you know? Something to decorate with color, I don't know a lot of people that get white flowers unless they're for weddings. So getting a white flower is a pretty uncommon choice. You also said popular right?" Jun hummed in agreement, "Most people don't learn the name of flowers till they have a need for them." He paused for a good while, realizing how ahead of himself he was getting.

He cleared his throat, "So it's either she gave you a tulip or a rose, they're common and stuff. Some of the first flowers that come to mind for most anyone." Jun stayed silent for a while, how much did Minghao like flowers? The accuracy threw him off and he lost the plan he had earlier.

"I got it right didn't I?" Minghao smirked.

"How?"

"Well, I don't know if it's a rose or a tulip but I picked up a few things on flowers from helping her with her shop and everything. She loves talking about them, it's admirable really."

"It's a rose, now be quiet so I can think about what I was going to say earlier." Jun swatted his hand. Minghao took the chance to turn the music up.

Sadly, Jun couldn't remember before they got to Minghao's house or when they got all the groceries inside.

"Where do you put the-"

"I'm doing it," Minghao said, automatically taking the cereal boxed from Jun's hands and walking towards the closet near the door.

"Minghao, you could just let me do it, I mean you look like you're struggling." Jun held onto the ladder tightly, scared that Minghao might fall. "Oh my gosh" Jun groaned when Minghao jumped teasingly.

"Jun don't worry, I've done this a few times."

"A few?! Minghao-"

"Who are you?" A voice came from behind him. Jun slowly let go of the ladder and he heard Minghao's muffled voice reassuring him that he didn't need to hold the ladder in the first place.

"My name's Jun" He answered, "You must be Minghao's younger brother,"

"Jun, you're his boyfriend?" Jun smirked when he heard Minghao's protests coming from the closet.

"Well, soon." The words brought back the idea he had earlier. "Thank you for asking, though, I feel honored that you think that."

"Well, he talks about you all the time. Just yesterday he-" Minghao made a loud noise from the closet and scrambled down to stop his brother but the sudden movement made the ladder tip. Jun saw the shift and immediately grabbed it.

The action threw Minghao's balance off and he was falling backward. Jun extended his arms just in time but he wasn't prepared enough for Minghao's weight.

Minghao cradled Jun's head because he knew it was bound to hit the floor. He felt his fingers get squished between a skill and the tile. He ground his teeth together, "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, you?" Jun asked, his arms were wrapped around Minghao's waist, he held him there gently but Minghao wasn't trying to get out of the hold either way.

"I'm fine." They stayed like that for a while, none moving, Jun wanted to appreciate the moment because he knew Minghao would want to get out of his hold once he uttered the words.

"I remembered what I wanted to say in the car." Jun brought up the topic slowly, controlling the urge to hug Minghao closer just in case he wanted to move.

Thankfully, he stayed in the position. "What?"

"So you guessed a white rose, and that's supposed to be my favorite flower right?" Jun asked, still waiting for the perfect moment to tighten his hold.

"Yeah... Where's this leading?" Minghao took his hands out from under the skull but stayed in Jun's arms.

"Well, your favorite flower is the gentian right?" Jun tried to control his grin but Minghao saw his struggle.

"Oh hell, no Jun!" Minghao tried to get off but Jun happily locked his arms in place.

"In the bouquet, they looked really nice together." He continued.

"Jun! I get it shut up!" Instead, Jun shut him up with a small kiss, a simple one, barely long enough to register.

"I think we would look really nice together, so be my boyfriend." He pat Minghao's back as a forehead dropped against his shoulder.

"I should have never teased you about that oh my god" Minghao moped. Jun was just laughing, happy with the result.

2 Days Later

"Junhui." Minghao greeted the other at the door.

"Minghao" The answer style was repeated back to him which caused his eyes to roll.

"What are you doing here?"

"You said you needed help."

Another eye roll, "No, I said I was busy today."

"Can I help?" He tried again. Minghao thought about it for a while before shaking his head.

"Aw! C'mon Minghao I just want to do something nice for you."

"That's the problem. I still don't like when people do things for me, maybe next time." He began to close the door, "Or never." The click from the lock rung in Jun's ears.

He rang the doorbell once, he would repeatedly jam the button but Minghao didn't live alone, he had a brother and two parents.

He sighed and thought about what he could do.

"You're not working tomorrow right?" He sent.

"No." The reply came just as quick as he sent it. he wondered if Minghao knew he would text.

"Let's go on another date."

"Do you know where we're going to go this time?  ̄ω ̄" Jun glared at his phone, it was no use standing outside the door if Minghao wasn't going to open it for him again.

"Very funny.  ̄︿ ̄ Of course, I know where we're going."

"I know, thanks. I laughed while typing it. Where are you taking me tomorrow?"

"Get Air." The engine of Jun's car made a clanking noise before efficiently starting.

"O_o there?"

"You don't want to go there?" Jun bit his lip, he thought Minghao would enjoy it.

"It's not that. I just wasn't expecting you to take me there. I didn't know you went there."

"There goes your stereotypes again →_→"

"Yeah, yeah. Get driving you're wasting your gas."

"How nice of you to be concerned. How did you even know? Are you watching me?" Jun looked out of his window but he didn't see any curtains moving. He's probably still at the door, looking through the peephole.

"Shut up and drive." The curt reply came.

"I like that song. I'll come around your house tomorrow at 4." Jun sent back with a smile before pulling away from the curb.

Next Day

At exactly 4:00 Jun rang the doorbell and Minghao opened the door.

"You were standing out here for 5 minutes just so you could ring the doorbell exactly at 4?" Minghao leaned against the doorframe, eyebrow as slanted as he was.

"Yeah," Jun agreed as if everyone did it, "but," he drawled out with his famous grin and Minghao made a mental note to never tease Jun, "If you knew that then you were standing behind your door for the same amount of time right?"

Minghao opened his mouth to deny, it was worth a shot, "You wish."

"You opened the door right when I rang the doorbell. I heard it ringing through your house."

Minghao looked down at his feet and straightened his posture.

Jun shook his head, "C'mon." He held his hand out. Minghao saw it in the corner of his eye. He took it gently but Jun's fist closed and he was being pulled towards the car.

"I haven't been to Get Air in a while..." Minghao admitted, thinking back to 4th grade.

"Me neither, the last time I went was probably 11 years ago."

"Won't it be weird being some of the oldest ones there?"

"I didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"It's a double date! With Hoshi and Jihoon."

"Soonyoung got Jihoon to go," Minghao repeated without confidence. Jihoon hated places with a lot of people. How much does he like Soonyoung?

"Yup!" Minghao nodded. He didn't know what to say so he hesitantly reached for the radio. He looked to Jun for clarification.

"You're listening to-"

"Welcome back-"

"Have you-"

"Krrrrrrr-"

The radio was shut off and Minghao sighed. "There's never any good radio stations." He leaned back in the chair.

"I have an aux." Jun motioned towards the glove compartment. He felt Minghao swatting his hands away.

"Keep your hand on the wheel, I'll find it." Minghao lifted several envelopes and papers before he finally found the tangled chord.

"You're going to finish untangling that when we get there. Just plug it in."

"At least, it'll be untangled whiled we're going back" Minghao concentrated on the white wire, pulling the metal end through the loops and under other parts.

"You're so weird."

"There's nothing weird with wanting stuff to be organized." Minghao defended, still working the tangled mess.

"Minghao you're frustrating me" Jun's laugh interrupted his sentence and Minghao made a frustrated noise.

"How often do you even use this thing?" Minghao almost got it.

"Whenever Soonyoung and I hang out, which hasn't been in a while since he's been hanging out with his boyfriend."

"I can't believe you didn't catch on to the fact he was trying to set us up."

"You didn't exactly figure it out either, he told you his plan."

"But he told you to go on a date with me. That should be enough of a hint." He finally got the cord untangled.

"... Shut up." Minghao followed the order gladly. He finally won an argument with the other. He fished his phone out of his pocket in triumph and looked for a victory song.

"I know the title of the song is 'Congratulations' but it doesn't really have the same meaning." Minghao rolled his eyes, he didn't feel like losing right after he won.

"I never said you had to change it but nice choice." Jun waited for the beat to drop before screaming at the top of his lungs, "AYO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!"

Minghao laughed before joining in on screaming the lyrics.

Day After

"What's this for?" Jun stopped mid-sentence when Minghao set a coffee cup on the table.

Minghao looked at Hoshi briefly. "Pretend I'm not even here Minghao." He leaned back in the chair, it didn't really help.

"SOONYOUNG GET YOUR OVER HERE." All customers turned to look at Jihoon.

"Well, now you don't have to pretend." With a single raise of his eyebrows, he was gone.

"The Honey Tea is for yesterday, I had a lot of fun, so thank you." Minghao was blushing again and Jun was sure he would never get tired of the sight.

"You know, I take kisses as thank yous" Jun stuck his cheek out and tilted it towards Minghao not so subtlety.

"Jun," Minghao whined, a pout on his lips.

"I never said you had to." Jun took a sip of the drink, making sure he wouldn't burn any of his body parts.

"You're a jerk."

"A very special jerk" Jun stuck his finger in the air and took another gulp from the drink, a little too fast, though, the drink burned his tongue.

Minghao left while laughing, Jun heard him tell Hoshi to bring some napkins when he went back.

One Week Later

Minghao was sitting by himself. Usually, Jun walks in with Soonyoung when he comes to visit Jihoon but today Jun was nowhere to be seen.

Minghao immediately stood up to ask Soonyoung what was up.

"Jun got sick. He says he doesn't want to infect you." Minghao jutted his lip out. He thought back to what Jun might have gotten sick from.

"Tch, the candy. He ate mall candy a few days ago. I have no idea why." He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I told him not to."

There was the sound of clinking keys and Minghao was faced with the spare key Hoshi was given.

"Keep it, I feel like you need it more than me."

-

Minghao made sure the mask was set in the right place and the tea wouldn't spill before he entered.

"You took your time Hoshi-" Jun's cough interrupted his sentence and his eyes almost fell out of their sockets when he saw Minghao come through the door. "Minghao, why are you here?"

"Soonyoung told me you were sick." Minghao's voice came out muffled and he stuck his arm out to give the drink to Jun.

"You weren't supposed to come" Jun whined but Minghao ignored it.

"Well, I'm here. Drink your tea and rest." Minghao ushered him towards his bedroom. Jun was protesting the whole way but Minghao just shook his head.

"You ate and took medicine when?" He was tucking Jun into his bed like a mother, Jun decided to just enjoy it.

"Don't get mad but-" Minghao didn't have to hear the rest of the sentence, he was already out of the bedroom making some food.

"Love you!" Jun tried to call but it resulted in a coughing fit.

"Yeah, yeah, sleep till this is done! I'll wake you up when I'm ready."

Next Day

Minghao woke up on Jun's couch to his phone buzzing on the coffee table. He looked at the ceiling for a while, it didn't look like his room, there were no walls near him anywhere.

He sat up and grabbed his phone, closing his eyes when the head rush came. "Hello?" He wiped his eyes and looked around.

"Where are you?!" His brother's voice worried, Minghao remembered what happened.

"I'm at Jun's house. He was sick and I took care of him." He rubbed his face, turned off the television and grimaced when he realized his teeth weren't brushed.

He stood up to check on the sick body, he was sleeping peacefully and Minghao smiled.

"I'll be home soon, sorry for making you worry." He entered the bathroom and checked the drawers for a spare toothbrush.

"I forgive you, at least, you answered. Take your time." The end button was pressed and Minghao successfully found unused bristles.

He heard a creak come from Jun's room and stuck his head out of the bathroom. The disheveled boy walked down the hall and smiled when he saw Minghao.

"That's not my toothbrush is it?" The congested voice asked Minghao shook his head, spitting foam into the sink.

"I know I didn't ask but-" Jun held up a hand with his other one holding his head.

"It's fine. Thank you for taking care of me." Minghao moved Jun's hands away and replaced it with his own.

"You still have a fever." He touched Jun's neck gently, it still caused him to flinch.

"Your hands are cold" Jun laughed nasal the ends of Minghao's lips turned up slightly.

A sudden urge came up his chest and into his nose the tingling sensation became unbearable and he sneezed into his arm.

"I'm getting sick because of you." He rubbed his nose with his sleeve.

"Oh finally, now I can hug you freely," Jun smirked and brought him in. "Don't worry, I promise I'll take care of you once I get better."

"How sweet." Minghao let his head rest on Jun's shoulder if he was going to get sick why not just accept the embrace? "Let go, I need to go get some soup stuff. I made the last of your instant ramen yesterday."

"Just call someone to bring it to us." Jun held him tighter and dragged him out of the bathroom.

"Jun c'mon, you know I only have 4 contacts. Jihoon could be out with Soonyoung right now you don't want to ruin their date do you?" They landed on the bed and Minghao felt himself being cradled.

"Maybe just a little, if you think about it, they could just go together."

"Jun, I promise I'll come back soon and I'll stay the night again." He heard Jun bring the snot back into his nose.

"Soon. I'll be sleeping." Jun lifted his arm to free Minghao.

"Of course."

4 Days Later

"I can't believe you got better faster than me." Jun hugged his knees and watched Minghao spray the paint on the wall.

"Me neither, but then again, I didn't eat the gross candy from the mall." Minghao's hand was rested on his hip and he didn't know how else to decorate the new work.

"Touche."

"Have I ever asked you how you got so much money?" Minghao sprayed a small line across an expanse with precision.

"It's not a fancy story, when I was younger I was in a lot of movies and commercials, I get profit whenever someone buys the movies/products. Can I look now?"

"No, and do you have any copies? I wanna see them." The sound of pressurized paint leaving the can filled the brief silence before Jun answered.

"I don't think I have the commercials, there might be some online, and I only have one movie. I was in a small drama for a small amount of time." Jun thought back to his younger days, it was fun acting.

"You know, I usually don't trust actors." Minghao shook the can once to loosen the paint.

"So you don't trust me now that you know this?"

"I said usually. I trust you, you hadn't turned around this whole time. You can now by the way. I'm just saying that isn't it kind of weird that there are people who could fake emotions up on a screen so well? There's always a chance that they could be acting around you and you would never know.

It took Jun a while to realize he was granted permission to look at the art, he wrapped his arms around Minghao, not minding the wet paint that got on his hands when he intertwined their fingers. He looked at the white roses surrounding the single gentian. "Do you think that I'm faking my feelings right now?" Jun rested his chin on Minghao's shoulder, admiring how the sun reflected off parts of the wet paint.

"It crosses my mind that you'd leave me one day," Minghao admitted softly, smile unseen when Jun hugged him tighter, "I don't think you're faking your feelings, though." He laughed and turned around in Jun's arms. "I sure hope you aren't."

"Of course not." Jun leaned in for a kiss but Minghao turned his head and leaned back. Seeing Jun's broken expression he kissed Jun's cheek.

"No kiss till I see those films of you." He ran down the hill and towards the car.

"Wha-but Minghao!" Jun ran after him, almost falling in the process. Like usual, Minghao caught him and helped him make his way towards the car. "I think I'm getting better."

"I think you're still sick."

"Does that mean you'll take care of me again?"

"What's today?"

"Friday," Jun said regretfully, he knew what was coming.

"I have work today."

"Are you letting me drop you off?" Jun asked hopefully.

"Jun who's car are we using right now?"

"Yours..."

"So who's driving who to their house?"

Jun crossed his arms mumbling, "You're dropping me off at my house."

"Exactly. I've been sleeping at your house for 5 days! That's too much to ask for."

"Minghao, someone is going to marry you, and you'll be living with them, what are you going to do to then?"

"I won't let them drop me off at work."

"Why not?"

"That's doing something for me."

"Will you, at least, come back to my house after work?"

"Am I allowed to get some of my own clothes? I've been using your clothes and your food and your bed for the past 5 days. I need to get some of my own stuff."

"If it makes you feel better, yes." Jun unbuckled his seat belt when Minghao parked.

"Are you coming by the coffee shop today?"

"If I get a kiss," Jun smirked, tilting his cheek. Minghao blushed and leaned in, allowing his lips to graze a cheek before pulling away.

"Until I see the videos~" He remembered.

"You're unfair."

"Don't you love it?"

"Charming." The door slammed and Minghao softly glared at Jun through the dark glass before continuing his way to get his clothes for the week to come.

-

Minghao sat in his room, wondering how much he should bring and what exactly to bring. He wasn't the type to plan out his outfits before, so it was unlike him to pick out a whole weeks worth of clothes. He groaned and threw another shirt to the floor.

"Minghao are you okay?" His mother called from the hall.

"Uhh... yeah I'm fine..." He ran his hand through his hair, should he bring a hat?

"Are you moving in with that boyfriend of yours?" His mom immediately began to fold the scattered clothing. "I'm sure these all look fine on you. You're not throwing them out are you?"

"Moving?" Minghao asked he knew he was going to cry, he always cried when it came to this conversation.

"Yeah, you've never slept over at someone's house before, it surprised me when your brother said you were at your boyfriend's house. I was even more surprised when you came back only today!" She was smiling, Minghao surprised himself at the sudden realization.

"I'm not crying..." Minghao said, feeling his cheeks just to make sure.

"You're not." His mother confirmed. He looked at her with an open smile. She smiled back at him. "I think you're going to need a bigger bag."

-

Minghao couldn't keep the smile off of his face. Knowing he was able to hold himself together brought a warm feeling to well up inside of him. Seeing his drawers empty and putting all his belongings in the car got to him a little, but he was still able to come to work with a smile on his face.

Jihoon raised his eyebrow when he saw the cheerful guy, "Not saying it's a bad thing, but why are you smiling so much?"

"It's gone!" Minghao cheered, tying on his apron gracefully.

"Okay Cinderella, what's gone." Jihoon threw the damp cloth in Minghao's general direction.

"My anxiety. I was able to sleep at Jun's house for the past 5 days Jihoon. My brother had to call and ask where I was."

Jihoon's lips thinned into a line, he didn't look so happy. Minghao's face fell and he turned to see the problem.

"Mingming... What would you like to order?"

"I would like to talk to you Minghao."

"Oh. Oh I uh..." He looked to Jihoon. The shorter simply nodded and shooed him away, taking his spot at the counter. Slowly, the two made their way out of the cafe. Jihoon kept them in sight as much as he could from behind the counter.

-

"What did you want to talk about?" Minghao asked although he could have figured it out on his own.

"Jun. How is he?" Mingming asked, it sounded so sincere. Minghao smiled and looked up at the sky.

"He's great really. A cheesy ball of grease but I guess it's something I like about him. He's always full of ideas for dates and he does the most outrageous stuff-"

"That ends up making you take care of him..." Mingming finished. Minghao looked at the other, confused.

"Do you really still love Jun?"

"No, I don't. I'm sure he still loves me, though." Minghao's heart stopped, as well as his feet. Mingming stood in front of him and smiled.

"He hesitated when he told me he didn't love me. Hesitation means he had to think about it."

"He wouldn't have said it if he didn't mean it," Minghao said, a little less than confidently.

"Has he told you he's an actor?" Mingming asked.

"Yes..."

"He's a very good actor, have you seen any of his movies?"

Minghao shook his head slowly, heartbeat picking up its pace, "We were going to watch some later today."

"He's a great actor you know, able to deceive the viewers. How do you know he's not deceiving you?"

Minghao thought back to earlier that day

"Do you think that I'm faking my feelings right now?" Jun rested his chin on Minghao's shoulder, admiring how the sun reflected off parts of the wet paint.

"It crosses my mind that you'd leave me one day," Minghao admitted softly, smile unseen when Jun hugged him tighter, "I don't think you're faking your feelings, though." He laughed and turned around in Jun's arms. "I sure hope you aren't."

"Of course not."

"I'll never know for sure, all I can do is hope."

"You have that much hope in Jun?" Mingming took a step closer but Minghao didn't back down. Mingming's eyes wavered the slightest bit.

"He helped me overcome something. If he was able to do that, I'll have as much hope in him than I have in myself, maybe even more."

Familiar arms wrapped around him and a specific scent filled his nose as he was spun around and pressed into a chest. A great, comforting chest that he's never thought second about sleeping on. "Jun." He smiled, taking in the moment. "How did you know where to go?"

"Jihoon told me. You know, he glared at me for a while, telling me that you were able to handle it on your own. I still got it out of him, though, I guess you've helped me overcome my fear of him." The smiled at each other and they could have stayed like that but Mingming cleared his throat.

"Mingming." Minghao turned to face him, the task came with difficulty since Jun refused to let him out of his grip. The other was most likely not taking him seriously since arms were wrapped around his was and a chin was on his shoulder but it didn't stop him from finishing his sentence.

"I know you can change into someone better than this, this isn't the Mingming Jun fell in love with that time ago."

He felt Jun tighten his grip and he watched the features on Mingming's face soften.

"When you're able to bring that Mingming back, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone that you'll truly fall in love with." They stared at each other for a long time, but Minghao saw the smallest nod come from the other. "I have to go now, see you around?"

"When I've changed," Mingming promised.

-

Minghao was closing up the shop, punishment from Seungcheol since he didn't inform him about the shift switching. It was okay, though because Jun stayed with him. Just as the door closed he found arms around him once again, Jun's favorite thing to do.

"Minghao I love you." Jun nuzzled his face into the crook of Minghao's neck.

"I know. I love you too Jun." Minghao brought his hand up to play with Jun's hair, he stared into the shop, the black windows held their reflection and Minghao couldn't help but find it sweet.

"Do you know why I love you?" Jun swayed them gently. Minghao hummed. "Because you're a precious cinnamon roll too good for this world. You need someone to protect you or else you'll get eaten by all the bad people."

Minghao laughed and turned in Jun's embrace, changing it to his favorite way to hug, face to face. He leaned up slowly to give a gentle, savory kiss. "It'll be easy to protect me if I'm living with you right?