It's Been Said

Too Nice

Sunlight came through the window, warming up the room more than comfortable, finally waking up a sleeping Soonyoung. Palming the other side of the bed he searched for his significant other.

"Jihoon, where are you?" His face was buried underneath the covers, blocking the sun. He kicked around more, refusing to admit Jihoon wasn't there.

"Jihoon-IE!" A loud thud was made when Soonyoung hit the floor. Thankfully the blankets fell with him but the heat was beginning to get unbearable. Digging himself out from underneath all the fluff, he groggily looked around the room.

Jihoon was nowhere to be seen but his nose picked up the scent of breakfast. A smile made it's way on his face sleepily as he stretched. He threw the blankets onto the bed and stood by the mess for a while, wondering if should fix it or not.

The smell of eggs hit is nose again, stomach choosing for him, he made his way towards his Jihoonie.

"There he is, the best boyfriend in the world, the one that understands me the most, my lover, my other half-mph" toast was blocking his words from coming out, held there by his blushing other half.

"Youf shtil bruff a wot" Soonyoung said through the toast, sending some crumbs flying. Grossed out, Jihoon faced the frying pan, stopping the eggs from getting burned.

"Shut up and sit down at the table. The food'll be ready soon." He pointed to the eating place with his chin.

Before he followed directions Soonyoung wrapped his arms around Jihoon's neck and buried his face in the pink hair like he did last night. Kissing the swirl and nuzzling into the smell of Jihoon.

"If this is because of last night, I'm not mad at you, go sit down" He transferred the eggs to the plate and walked towards the toaster, Soonyoung held on all the while.

"I just want to hug you. Can you sit on my lap today? Would you let me feed you?" His head dropped to the other's neck and arms wrapped around his middle. Soonyoung swayed them back and forth, knowing Jihoon loved the gesture.

"No, get off." Instead of making a move to get out of Soonyoung's hold, Jihoon took the fresh toast out of the toaster and set it on the plate then made his way towards the table.

"C'mon please?" His lips touched Jihoon's neck gently.

"Nope, get off and eat, the food is ready and I have work." He was being lead to the table and Jihoon finally tried to break free from the hug.

"That mean Seungcheol, taking you away from me" Soonyoung finally got off, searching himself for his phone.

"I told you, he's with Jeonghan, he's so in love he's thinking about naming a drink after him." Jihoon poked the egg with his fork and set it on the bread. "What are you looking for?" Taking a bite of the toast the crunch filled the kitchen along with the sound of Soonyoung's mutters.

"My phone, I have to tell Jun to meet me at the coffee shop." He found the small device on the counter.

"If you're coming with me to work you better eat now, text Jun when we get to the coffee shop." Jihoon took a drink from his glass and motioned to the seat across from him with his other hand.

He didn't want to make Jihoon mad so early in the morning, knowing there was a possibility he would get mad later. Drifting back to the table, he thanked Jihoon for the food and began to stuff his face in.

-

It was almost 1 in the afternoon, Junhui woke up from the sound of his phone vibrating against his dresser.

"Mfh, go away." He swatted the phone off the wooden platform, letting it vibrate against the carpet. The soft buzzing rang in Jun's head and he tried to avoid the responsibility for a little longer, covering his head with the pillows and piling blankets on top.

With a scream of agony, he threw the blankets and pillows onto the floor, making another quest for himself. "Damn it where's my phone?" Blankets and pillows made their way onto the king sized bed, leaving a frustrated Jun glaring at the notices.

"What does Hoshi want so early in the morning?" He rubbed his eyes and manually clicked his voicemail.

"You need to be at the coffee shop at 2. Next message. The one Minghaow! Works at okay? Next message. JUNHUI WAKE UP I'M HERE AND I'M BORED." All made just a few minutes ago. Dumbly staring at his phone for a while longer he wondered what it was about. Mind not completely working 'so early in the morning' he stood to make his bed.

Entering his living room he finally checked the time. When it read 1:45 he mentally made fun of himself. With his stomach growling he walked over to the fridge, a quick breakfast before a meet up never hurt anyone, it wouldn't hurt Hoshi.

Just when he finished putting the dairy back in the fridge a knock came at his door. A thought crossed his mind that it was Hoshi but he has keys.

"Yes?" He met the delivery man.

"You have a small package," He held out the box with a clipboard underneath. Jun thought about what he ordered, nothing came to mind.

"Nice to see you again Joshua but I didn't make an order for anything... Are you sure it's for me?" He leaned in to check the address and sure enough, it belonged to him. "Well, I guess it won't hurt to take it. Thanks..." He took the box in one hand and stuck the other into his pocket for a wallet. "Hold on." He handed the box back to Joshua and signed the clipboard with his right hand distractedly.

"No, no, it's okay" Joshua held his hands up.

"Wait there!" Jun said from the hallway, trying to find his wallet.

He checked his drawers, the pockets of his old jeans, and made a mess of his bed all over again. "By the fruits!" He sprinted back out towards the kitchen.

When he reached the door Joshua was gone and the box was on his doorstep with a green sticky note attached.

'I don't need the tip, thanks, though! -Joshua' Jun shook his head, "Stupid Soonyoung getting people to not take my money" he muttered.

Speaking of Soonyoung, he remembered his cereal and got emotional over the soggy fruit flavored pebbles. Draining it, he filled the bowl with water before changing, deciding he could just get a meal at the shop, he could make Soonyoung pay too.

After he got ready he checked his phone, it was a little past 2 and Soonyoung was freaking out.

"Where are you?!? I told you I was bored and alone!" The whine came through loud enough Jun could have heard it without the speaker one.

"Calm down, I'm putting my shoes on, I'm guessing you want me to drive?"

"I am not waiting a whole 20 minutes, get your over here." Jun rolled his eyes and finally got his shoe on without the shoelaces being untied.

"Yeah, I'll be there in 5 at most bye." He reached up and ended the call, yanking his left shoe on. Gasping in victory, he did a little dance on his before getting up. Double checking he had everything he spotted the bright green sticky note Joshua left him earlier and remembered the package.

"Ehh, not like Soonyoung never left me waiting before." A knife swiftly split the clear tape before being put in its original spot. "Let's see here..." with a swift, dramatic move, he opened the box.

"A.... magnolia..." The spit ran down his throat and the flower landed on wood. Jun shook his head, clearing of all things negative, "It's just a flower Jun, it's probably not even from...." Mingming, the tag said.

Shoving the flower back into the box, he strode over to the door, slamming it shut, box in hand then in the trashcan.

He patted himself down as he made his way to the car, thank God Soonyoung asked him to meet up.

-

He made his way through the door slowly, what if Hoshi was pulling a prank on him and the shop wasn't even open yet. His eyes made around and he saw said blond talking to the scary worker.

The worker wasn't glaring or anything, though, he was... blushing. The fear turned into warmth and he smiled, they looked good together. He moved towards the table his flowers were on the day before and waited, watching the two.

The scary worker, Jun remembered his name tag saying Woozi, looked over at him and he panicked a bit, not knowing what to do. Hoshi looked over his own shoulder at Jun before mentioning something to Woozi.

Thinking they were talking about him, he checked himself as Hoshi came over. He was wearing a simple black shirt and light blue jeans, he thought he looked rather nice in it.

"You finally came," Hoshi said nonchalantly. Crossing his legs underneath the table just to feel classy.

"I'm a few minutes late." Jun brushed it off, leaning against the backrest. Jutting his head towards the counter he asked, "You made friends anyway. Didn't you say you knew someone that worked here too?"

"That's him, his name is Jihoon."

"I met him the first day I came here."

"How'd it go? He's a bit intimidating huh?" Hoshi grinned at Jun's behavior, the hunched back and crossed arms- telltale sign Jun was embarrassed. Though he didn't really know what to expect from either of them.

"A bit? I thought he was going to kill me!" He continued his story about how he didn't notice the sign, glaring at all the snickers Hoshi let out. Since he was already turned towards the door he witnessed Minghao walking in.

Minghao looked towards the counter first and smiled at Jihoon before his eyes caught the hand moving to and fro.

Jun hid his face, glaring at Hoshi, trying to get the hand to go back down he kicked his feet and stepped on toes.

"Stop playing footsies with me, I'm taken." Hoshi teased and finally set his hand down. Of course, after succeeding his mission in getting Minghao to walk towards them. Jun stuck his tongue out but straightened his back and smiled once Minghao was close.

"Hey, it's a surprise to see you guys here." He pulled out the third chair and sat down awkwardly. Jun was tracing the design on the tables and Hoshi was shooting lazer beams.

Coughing, he managed to catch both Minghao and Jun's attention. "Jun, don't you have something to say to Minghao?" The name came out a little harsh, the second mentioned worried.

"Uhh..." The helpless couple looked at each other, Jun mustered enough courage to get out, "I was the one that gave you the flowers."

Hoshi kicked his leg so he bit his lip to keep in the cry. "Really? Why?" Minghao ignored the pain painting it's way onto Jun's face, worries washing away as he started piecing together what Hoshi said last night and what just happened.

"Uhhh...-"

"KWON SOONYOUNG YOUR ORDER IS READY" Hoshi sat there, smiling like he was deaf before taking a deep breath.

"I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING!" he yelled back. Minghao and Jun looked around to give apologetic gestures towards the customers.

"Just get your over here," Jihoon muttered.

"If you would excuse me." He mock bowed and left his chair idle, not before he kicked Jun again and gave Minghao a wink.

"So what brought you here?"

"My friend, the one the just called Soonyoung, he told me to come over, some sort of emergency. It's kind of weird nothing was going on, Jihoon doesn't usually do that kind of stuff. So... why the flowers?" He pressed.

Jun was still thinking about what Minghao said, Jihoon. Hoshi just told him his friend's name is Jihoon. Jihoon is also Minghao's friend. If he told Minghao to come here and Jun was told to come here too...

"That's why he was so mad about me being late." He snapped his fingers then pointed at Minghao. "Hoshi was screaming at me earlier today to come down here, he probably wanted me to get here before you did so I could ask you out." He shook his finger proudly. So proud that he didn't fully process what he said.

"Sure," Minghao smiled, chuckling at Jun's realization face.

"Wait what?"

"I would like to go out with you." He explained.

Pink lips belonging to a certain Wen Junhui separated and came together several times in shock. Pink lips of a certain Xu Minghao stretched to form a smile on the gentle face.

"Oh my god" Jun buried his face in his arms and groaned. He felt a hand running through his hair and sighed.

"What's wrong? Why did you sigh?" Minghao's voice came really close. Jun peeked through and met the sight of Minghao's brown eyes. He felt the heat move towards his face and took cover once again. Minghao's laugh blessed his ears for the second time and the question was repeated.

"That wasn't how I wanted to ask you." He admitted.

"How were you planning on asking me?" Shrugging his shoulders and straightening his arms he finally got a full look at Minghao.

He was wearing a gray hoodie and a black snapback with a yellow strap. It was cute and Jun found heat storing in his cheeks again.

"I didn't plan it out really, I was waiting a while to even ask you."

"I know." He fixed his hat, taking it off to fluff his hair before putting it back on.

"You know?" Jun fixed his own hair, he didn't style it up like he usually did and felt a bit without the slight heaviness.

"Oh," It was Minghao turning red now. "Yeah, Soonyoung came by my house yesterday and told me about how scared you were." He bit his lip, knowing Jun wouldn't like what he said, neither would Soonyoung.

"He did what??" Jun made his way towards the counter, Minghao followed apologetically.

"You told Minghao that I like him?" He grabbed Soonyoung by the caller, catching the amused look Woozi put on by his peripherals.

"I didn't tell him that, I just said I wanted you to ask him out yesterday but you didn't." Jun's glare intensified but he let Hoshi go.

"Aw, you could have hurt him for me. I recommend a slap but a punch would suffice" Jihoon suggested. Jun nodded thoughtfully.

"How rude. My best friend and my boyfriend both want to harm me. At least Minghao's nice." Hoshi ran and hugged the other.

"Soonyoung if you don't get off of him I'm not only harming you, I'm killing you," Jihoon warned through his teeth.

"Cute," Jun told Jihoon, who glared with a blush. Jun expected the blush to cushion some of the intensity bit it made his smile disappear as quickly as it came.

"Oh, Hoshi I have to tell you something." He moved closer to whisper but the topic of the sentence came through the door. All 4 turned.

"Welcome to Q&A Cafe what would you like to order?" Jihoon did his job, Soonyoung was motioning him to stop the whole time but it was his job, he couldn't not take the customer's order.

"I'm actually meeting someone. Junhui!!" Mingming hugged the other from the side, looking up at him lovingly. Jun smiled down nervously, wondering if the current situation was actually happening or if he was going to wake up from this nightmare.

"M-Ming..." He slowly managed to hug the other back before Mingming moved away. Jun took in such a deep breath he thought his lungs were going to explode. He let out a small, "What brings you here?"

"Well, I just got back in town a few days ago, looking at all the new buildings they out up, not much. Anyway, I saw you in here laughing with Hoshi -"

"Soonyoung," said male corrected.

"Soonyoung. And I just wanted to come and catch up, how have you been? I missed you!" He took the chance to swoop in for another hug, freezing Jun on the spot and rendering him speechless.

Minghao analyzed the whole exchange, who was the guy? He looked at Soonyoung to ask the question but what he saw were arms flying around and a mouth barely making out words.

'What?' Minghao mouthed back, shoulders moving up and down in confusion.

Hoshi was making a hoop with his arms and a calm face, before affirmatively pointing towards frozen Jun. Minghao trailed his eyes back and forth, still not understanding what Hoshi was trying to say.

With frustrated movement, Hoshi hopped behind the counter, grabbed Jihoon by the caller and pulled him into a hug. When he let go he pointed to Minghao and then to Jun.

Finally understanding the message that took so long to send, Minghao bit his lip and copied what Mingming did before, except instead of having eyes full of love and adoration, his were filled with worry and confusion.

Jun's head snapped down towards Minghao like he had forgotten where he was. He looked between Minghao and Mingming so fast he got dizzy.

"Jun... I was wondering, about the date. Do you wanna go on it now?" He looked up at the other, trying to tell him to say yes with his eyes. Once Jun nodded Minghao grabbed his hand and ran out of the shop.

"Who was that guy?" He asked once it was safe.

They ran around the cafe towards Minghao's car, they didn't have time to search for Jun's. He quickly set Jun in the passenger's seat and advised him to buckle up quickly before shutting the door and hopping into the driver's seat. With the keys in the ignition, he started up the engine and sped away from the parking lot. Jun didn't even complain about his driving and it was as bad, if not worse, than last time.

"My ex-fiance," Jun admitted, closing his eyes and willing the memories away, watching people and buildings blur past the window. He willed himself not to cry in front of Minghao. He felt a hand run up and down his back in support and it caused tears come to his eyes faster than they would have if he was left alone. "Minghao please-"

"Sh, it's okay to cry, we're just driving, no one can hear you but me." he soothed Jun's arm, slowing down in an attempt to get Jun calmer. "Sorry about the driving again."

A sniffling sound came from Jun's nose and Minghao knew tears were falling, he was glad because he knew holding in tears would just cause more trouble for him in the future.

"N-no, I'm fine I promise." Jun wiped the tears away, biting his lips to keep his breathing regular and gripped the armrest to calm his nerves.

"Jun I want you to cry."

A bittersweet laugh, that sounded more like a sob, came through instead. Minghao looked at him for a moment before returning his eyes on the road, an accident wouldn't be helpful at the moment.

"There's nothing to cry about, people get cold feet, and people leave. It's normal really, I don't-" he interrupted himself with another sharp breath, "I don't even know why I'm crying."

Visions of the empty room, the envelope, the flowers scattered on the floor, bouquets, setting up, getting ready, waking up happy that day. All the feelings and emotions he kept bottled in came out, flooding his brain. He remembered the time they went out on an amusement park date. It was Jun's idea because Mingming was afraid of heights. Jun forced the other on every ride, even the children ones. He ended up having to comfort the raging Mingming but it was all worthwhile, at the time. Happiness turned bittersweet and Jun couldn't look at anything.

He loved Mingming, loved him with all his heart, he gave him everything he wanted. All the things Mingming asked for, all the food Mingming wanted to try, all the places Mingming wanted to visit in the year, all engraved into Jun's memory, reminding him of a mistake. The thoughts that Minghao could turn out the exact same came to his mind right on cue. Tears fell down his cheeks in realization.

He really liked Minghao, he probably really liked the other when he came to pay Jun. He admits it to himself as uncontrollable sobs wracked his body. Minghao was nice, caring, selfless; all the things Jun thought Mingming was. Heck, they even had the same first part of their name. He wanted to trust Minghao, he wanted to trust Soonyoung's words.

"I really, really want to date you Minghao." Jun breathed, calming himself down, looking at the empty parking lot. "But I'm scared." He touched the window, looking out towards the empty parking lot. He didn't know when they got to the empty park but he was glad Minghao brought them there.

Minghao wasn't fond of the idea that popped into his head but he knew Jun needed reassurance. "Want me to tell you about when I was younger?" He asked, touching Jun's shoulder trying to comfort him again. Jun didn't turn to face him when he nodded.

"Well, I was really different when I was younger." He started, bringing his hand back to fiddle with the hem of his sweater."I used to go around, vandalizing stuff and ruining stores and pulling pranks." Jun heard the nervous laugh and took a peek at the storyteller.

"Yeah. I uh... I went to jail for it actually" he blinked, trying to hold in the tears resting on his bottom eyelid. He pushed his arms out against the steering wheel, stretching in a way. "And I have slight, maybe not slight, separation anxiety." He stopped stretching and hunched over the wheel. "So yeah. That night I promised myself I would never do anything bad." He finished, wiping his eyes and taking a deep breath.

Jun wondered how hard it was for Minghao to say that. To admit a story that changed his life, literally. His admiration towards Minghao grew just a tad.

"Thank you," Jun said, wiping his own tears away.

"Yeah, I really like you too, actually" he laughed, the sound of him exhaling made Jun's smile come back. "I felt that, if you were scared of me changing, you should know that I won't."

"Mingming ditched me at church and took a bunch of my money." He leaned back in the chair his nose was still red but hearing that Minghao wasn't about that life anymore, it calmed him. "I really loved him at the time so, when he wasn't walking towards the alter..." a thick swallow clumped up in his throat and his jaw tightened.

"It felt kind of surreal, ironic in a way." They nodded at the same time, silence filled the car until Jun suddenly turned towards Minghao.

"Minghao," Jun started, "I was the one that gave you the flowers." He leaned closer to instruct the other on how to reply "Ask why" he whispered.

"Why?" The question was tilted a little so it came out in a humor filled voice.

"Because I needed a way to get you to go on a date with me. Would you like to go on a date with me?"

Rolling his eyes, Minghao nodded, staring up his car again he pulled out of the driveway. "Where are we going?" He looked towards the back just to make sure he wouldn't hit anything, pressing n the acceleration.

"You see, I haven't really planned it out." His finger was buried in hair, move along the scalp by the nail.

"Pfft, okay, that's fine, I have an idea of what we could do. Let's get your car first." With that, he made his way back to the Cafe.