Oh, Look Who's Here

Too Nice

Jun sighed, hanging his coat next to the door and walking straight into his room to face plant into the sheets. He took a deep breath and rolled over to let it out. Staring at the ceiling for a while, he wondered why he didn't just throw out the flower, or give it to Minghao in the first place. Also, why was he freaking out over a small flower?

Digging his palms into his eye sockets he sighed again, laughing when he remembered Minghao repeating his words back to him. "Oh god, I'm going crazy" He muttered to himself. He groaned again and let his arms fall to his sides. Spreading out over the expanse of the bed he thought of the flower again, Minghao.

Jun knew that the other was really nice, but Mingming was really nice too. Minghao's laugh popped into his mind and he couldn't help but smile at it. "I did not squeal" he repeated again. Sitting up in bed, he looked down at his hands, at his ring fingers.

Jun smiled as he waited at the altar, right hand holding onto his left wrist, back straight and hair styled up to the side. His eyes scanned over everyone, his parents, Soonyoung, his grandparents, his cousins, it was a small ceremony but Jun wouldn't have asked for more. Mingming said that his family weren't big supporters of his uality so he didn't invite them. Jun still wished they were still invited, what kind of parents wouldn't be proud of their child getting married?

The music started playing again and everyone stood to look at the door. Jun's smile got even wider as Mingming's friends along with more of his cousins came through. As the last couple walked out Jun's smile fell. Mingming's only cousin stood there, alone, walking down the isle with something in his hands.

Jun looked around at Mingming's friends and they looked apologetic, Jun swallowed a lump in his throat and looked at Mingming's cousin again. "Where's Mingming?" Jun asked. Taking the paper package silently.

"We," the cousin cleared his throat, Jun looked away, to his family and Soonyoung, "we thought that he was just running late, so we didn't tell anyone that he didn't show up. I- I got a text from Mingming... confirming that he wouldn't." Jun looked down at the envelope in his hands.

"What's this then?"

"Mingming's ring..."  the cousin said, a bit choked up. He was so sorry for Jun, he didn't know how the other wasn't crying. He watched the paper being gently tucked into Jun's pocket and watched as Jun turned towards the crowd.

"Thank you... for coming, all of you. I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, and for wasting your time. You're all free to leave, take your gifts back, and some cake while you're at it." There was a strangled tone in his voice but no evidence of anger. No one knew what to say, they stood, looking at Jun for a while, before filing out.

Jun finally took a deep breath, finding comfort in the noise. He didn't know what he would have done if they had watched him any longer. He walked in the opposite direction, up to the altar and looked at the set up as everyone left.

The magnolia bouquets hanging from each isle chair wrapped in a pale pink cloth. Jun made his way down the walkway slowly, admiring each of the bouquets. He brought one of the flower bunches off the chair to hold in his hands. He stared down at them, playing with the petals, before letting them fall to the floor.

He took a sharp breath through his nose as a strong feeling spread from behind his eyes, making his face heat up. Blinking rapidly, he walked out of the ceremony hall. Shockingly, Soonyoung was still standing there, hands behind his back, pacing back and fourth.

"I thought you would have left already."

"I'm your ride remember?"

"I could have just walked home."

Soonyoung walked up to him slowly, with every step Jun felt the stinging behind his eyes get stronger. When he saw Soonyoung open his arms he let a single sob out, leaning into the embrace and burying his face in the other's shoulder.

"You were right" Jun let out bitterly. He felt Soonyoung nod and he buried his face further into his best friend's neck.

"I'm sorry I was right," Soonyoung stated sincerely, "let's get you home okay?" He ruffled the back of Jun's head and waited till Jun willingly moved away before leading him to the car.

The car ride was filled with Jun trying to hold in his tears and Hoshi reminding him that it was okay to let it out. Jun would shake his head, managing to tell the other that he was fine and didn't need to cry anymore.

When they finally got to the apartment complex Jun thanked Soonyoung and hoped that he would get home safely. "You sure you don't want me to come in with you?"

"No, really, I'm fine Soonyoung. Thanks again, see you tomorrow yeah?" Thinning his lips into a line, Soonyoung nodded and drove off.

Jun watched the car leave his view before looking up at the building.

'Here we go'

The ride up in the elevator made Jun anxious than ever. What was he expecting? Did he want to see Mingming there? Did he want the other to explain to him? Can he handle being dumped verbally?

With shaking hands he opened the door to his home, eyes closed at first. As he cracked his eyes opened, he got a small glimpse of his living room before everything went blurry. He heard the door automatically close behind him but the thrumming from his heartbeat could have blocked it out.

None of Mingming's things were there. Mingming always had a coat hanging on the coat rack, he said it was some sort of aesthetic. He would have a coffee cup on the table and his favorite pillow on the couch, both were gone. He made his way towards the bedroom where Mingming left his stuff for the times he slept over but nothing was there either. His blanket was gone, pillows were gone, as Jun entered the bathroom he found Mingming's towel gone. Everything. Gone.

Back, in reality, Jun felt something wet land on his palms, blinking again he saw the shine. Wiping the tears away he stood up and got ready for bed, hopefully, with no other thoughts crowding his mind.

-

"Dude, it's been a week, you've already fallen for him." Soonyoung's voice came through the phone. Jun pulled it away from his ear to glare, hoping the feeling could get through. "You're glaring at me aren't you?" Jun's eyes widened, did he have powers? "Jun, you there?"

Quickly bringing the phone back to his ear, "I did not fall for him, I'm just bothered by the fact I broke a promise with that old lady." He flicked some lint off his pants.

"Sure, you call me every day for the past seven days to talk about him because you're worried the old lady's heart would break if you don't give him a small flower."

"She's a nice lady... and it was a gentian, a nice flower if I do say so myself and his name is-"

"Minghao, you've told me all of this before Jun. You want to see him again, just go see him."

Jun thought back to when Minghao said he worked at Q&A. "What if he isn't interested?"

"He doesn't like when people do things for him right? Just, do something for him and tell him he could repay you with another date. I don't know, do whatever you want."

"What if he was just saying that because..." Jun trailed off, feeling something crawl up his throat, "What if he's like Mingming?" Hoshi's line was silent for a while and Jun bit his lip.

"Junhui," Jun's eyes widened at the use of his whole name, "When you first met Mingming, I told you I had a feeling didn't I? I told you with no hesitance, I even said it in front of his face." Jun nodded, he tried to voice a verbal answer but it died in his throat. "I haven't gotten a feeling from Minghao nor do I think I will get one. Jun, you know I would never drive you in under your head. Trust me on this, I promise you it'll be fine."

Before Jun could answer, a deaf sound signaled the act of the end button. He stared at his phone for a little while, stalling the situation. A moment later his screen lit up with Soonyoung's contact telling him, 'Don't you dare back out'

"Damn it Hoshi" Jun grabbed a jacket before heading out.

-

The first place Jun went was the flower shop. He walked up to the outside and slowly made his way in.

"Oh~! Wen Junhui, what brings you to the shop?" The lady from last week moved from behind towards Jun. He smiled down at her shyly and rubbed the back of his head.

"Uh... well you remember the flower you told me to give to Minghao?" Her eyes seemed to light up at the memory and she nodded.

"Ah yes, the free one, you're not back here to pay me are you?" She eyed him.

"No, no, no." He said quickly. "I just wanted to ask you for more? You see, I wasn't able to give it to him last time... So I was wondering if I could have a bouquet to give?" That made her stop.

"A bouquet? Why not ask for another flower?" Jun blushed and scratched his neck. "I- um... you see I-" while he was trying to come up with an excuse, she held the bouquet up to his face. "Oh, uh, how did you make it so fast?" He took the flowers and pulled out his wallet.

"No need for that boy, these are for Minghao. Anything for Minghao is free." She smiled and pushed his wallet away. He shook his head.

"I'm still Wen Junhui ma'am, I still like to give tips. I guess I'm not that different from Minghao. How much?" He pushed, not too forcefully, but enough to make his point.

"Bah, you two. Too nice for your own good. Twenty should be enough." Jun nodded and pulled out a 20 dollar bill and one 10 handing it to the lady with a smile.

"Keep the change," He quickly made his way out of the door, hearing her yell after him. He grinned on his way out, waving to the young boy that seemed to be helping her.

"Make sure she's okay," He said, making sure the flowers weren't harmed as he made his way towards the coffee shop. As he slowed, he realized the Minghao might not even be there. He stopped across the street, away from the crosswalk so it wouldn't look like he was about to cross. He looked at the flowers, wondering what he should do.

He figured he could go to Minghao's house since he knew where it was, but what would he do if Minghao wasn't there either? The neighbors would wonder and it would be obvious.

It would be obvious either way, he noticed. 'Do it anonymously' he mentally nodded. There wasn't a lot of people inside, mostly workers. Some wiping the floor. Jun checked the window, wondering how he didn't even notice the 'closed' sign wasn't turned around. He was about to make his way out again but someone called out to him.

When he looked at the counter, he felt a bit bad at the amount of relief he felt when it wasn't the pink haired guy working. Instead, it was a long haired male, who was already wearing a smile, "We're open, don't worry. Just a bit slow today. Are you meeting someone?" He asked. Jun shook his head and handed his flowers to the worker, reading the name tag at the same time 'Jeonghan'

"No, but I was wondering... could you give these to Mingh... Hoshi?" He said, seeing the blond walk out from the back.

"What are you doing here?" He made an apologetic face towards Jeonghan and the other dismissed it with a hand, looking at the flowers and smiling.

"I know one of the workers, fairly well actually. It's one of the reasons I recommended the cafe to you." Hoshi's cheeks were slightly pink but Jun didn't think much of it. "I see you actually followed through with my idea." He said, looking back towards Jeonghan. "I didn't know you would go with flowers, they're nice."

"The lady at the shop seems to know a lot about Minghao, I asked her for a bouquet and she gave me those."

"Nice. Well," Hoshi clapped his hands together, "I'm off, remember, trust..." He took a step closer to Jun, "the Hosh" He made a gesture, so close to Jun's face that he could feel a breath.

"Yeah, yeah, get outta here." Jun stepped back moving the hand away.

He made his way back to the counter again, seeing Jeonghan picking some of the damaged petals out of the bunch. "Thank you," Jeonghan nodded absentmindedly, "could you give these to Minghao?" Jeonghan's eyes widened at the full name.

"The 8?" Jun gave him a look and Jeonghan remembered who he was talking to. "Xu Minghao, he goes by The 8 here. You want to give these to him?" Jun nodded slowly, Jeonghan laughed a bit more before nodding to Jun.

"I don't know Minghao very well, but I know that he's not going to like this." He twirled the flowers around and Jun shrugged.

"He's not going to like me paying for his meal today either but I'll do it. How much does he usually pay?"

"Around 15 because he gives tips like you. He comes here around 5:30 and stays till about 7. Just in case, you wanted to know."

"Thanks... for a lot, can I get a honey tea to go with it? Here you go, keep the change." He gave Jeonghan 35 dollars and Jeonghan stuttered.

"Th-that's almost a ten dollar tip..." Jun thought about it for a while.

"I guess I did the math wrong, oh well. I said keep it, so you should. Take it as... A thanks for the information and trouble of giving them to Minghao." Jeonghan nodded, putting some bills into the register before putting some into his apron pocket.

Jun left the coffee shop on a more happy note. As he crossed the street his feet stumbled over each other when he spotted a familiar face. He rubbed his eyes with one hand and looked again and sure enough, Mingming was there. He quickly crossed the street and walked towards his apartment, wishing he took his car.

Looking at his left ring finger, he remembered his empty bedroom, how different it had all been at the time, standing at the altar alone, "Hoshi, you better be right." He threw the tea away, sure that he wouldn't be able to stomach it after seeing him.