Chapter Thirteen + Author's Notes

Hide and Seek 숨바꼭질

Author's Note

First of all, to all readers, before reading...

*bow* I wanted to apologize for late sending the update yesterday! *bow a couple of times*

It's a bit busy yesterday with all the preparations for Chinese New Year, so, yeah, I kind of late with the update.

But to make it up to you,

I try my best to update in this week (like for lots of updates)

*throwing confetti and blowing trumpets*

Hope you guys have fun reading! *waves*

All loves from the Author (me), GaEul22

P.S. And don't forget to comment below, your comments are my motivations and ideas for the future. So comment on everything! 


Hypnotism

 

Echoes that were lingering to Eun Ji's ears were only In Guk’s salute and then she was on the Mount Everest man's Mercedes already. It wasn't a long ride until they arrived to their destination―Eun Ji knew as he slows down after entering an enormous medical complex, passing a few departments, and then parked outside a department written down neurosurgical. There were only few cars parked in the visitor’s lot.

 

Did he want to operate her or something? Took out her brain, squeezed it, had a research and seek for evidence that would prove whether she was a murderer or not? It made her having goosebumps just to think about it. Her imagination were exposed to Won Geun and without her notice, he cracked his expression with a glimpse of a weird smile.

 

“You sure love to have your mind out somewhere else.” Won Geun shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“What?”

 

She blinked slowly at his face but it was still set in a frosty, serious expression, as expected―Mount Everest.

 

“Nothing particular. Follow me.”

 

The glow from the streetlamps accompanied them as they walked in. They entered the lobby, took an elevator to the sixth floor and walked down the hall. The antiseptic smell around the corridor suddenly made Eun Ji aware of her own fatigue, it was her first to be in hospital twice a day―her family was always as healthy as a horse (she didn’t want to show off but it’s the truth) and that they barely got into hospital, so for her, it was unusual.

 

“What are we doing here?” Her stomach grumbled, the pain was torturing her inside. She barely had anything since she woke up. The jail dinner was somehow her only meal to devour before she became a living hungry prisoner. She couldn’t beat her stomach needs―she’s also a human after all.

 

“Finding you a doctor.”

 

“Excuse me?” Eun Ji hunched her shoulders up. Enough with the detectives, polices already, why he still had to add doctors in her most exhausted day―and her hungriest day. “I'm fine, this morning the doctor even had said that I am fine and why would I have to see doctor again.”

 

“Fine physically, but not mentally.”

 

Eun Ji was confused. What was his problem? Was there something wrong with her? She was fine than ever but he said she was not, mentally. God knew for sure that she wanted to crush him, hit him on the ribs, making him apologized to her. Did she even owe him in her past life? Definitely, not. They'd probably sworn enemies―that were what she would thrill to hear.

 

“Hear me now, Professor Lee,” Eun Ji frowned at him, crossing her arms, “I don't know how you think, but my body and mind are mine and I know the best of my own conditions.”

 

“Believe me, I know better than you.” He cocked his head to the side, “We are here.”

 

Won Geun then stopped to a particular room. The consultation room. Eun Ji guessed that it was where he wanted her to be. He slid the door and she followed him into the consultation room. Her eyes couldn't help but to scrutinized her entire room, there was a sofa more like a bed actually, a big bookshelf that covered almost the whole right-side wall. A man dressed like doctor was standing near the big window―it was as if there was something bothering him.

 

“Ji Soo.”

 

The doctor turned. Eun Ji should have wronged about her judgments―he gave them his welcoming smile, “Ah, you've came.”

 

Laugh lines around his mouth and those eyes brought him to the realm of humanity, more than the guy beside her. His eyes ran over to her face, a wider smile was curved on his lips, heat washed all over her skin. There was something about that radiant smile and those familiar hazel eyes―they brought her to a piece of memory. Could he be that guy from the bus stop?

 

Eun Ji’s legs felt numb all of a sudden. It was unsteady. She’d lost her balance.

 

A grasp was felt around her arms―it was Ji Soo. “Are you alright?” His voice was concerned. By parting a few radiuses from her face, she had a good look on him. She couldn't have been wronged about it. The look from his eyes was familiar, she was sure she had ever seen it somewhere.

 

“I'm fine.” Eun Ji jerked from his embrace. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. She could still sense his warmth―as if his touch had permeated all her sense. It brought heat to her cheeks, her heart was pounding fast.

 

“Ji Soo, proceed as what we have talked.”

 

“Okay, I will. And I need space between Ms. Jung, if you don't mind.”

 

“Take your time.” Won Geun fled out the door, leaving no words for Eun Ji. She was left alone with the doctor.

 

Their short conversation left nothing than increasing her curiosity and skepticism. An eerie calm washed her as she geared up to leave her inhibitions behind, she started with her words.

 

“You are a doctor, aren't you?” She asked, “what are you going to do to me?”

 

“Please don't be scared,” he gave Eun Ji a smile, “I am a psychiatrist, I won't do anything that will practically harm you. I will only ask you a few questions.”

 

“How rude of me, we haven't actually have a proper introduction,” He outstrecthed his hand, "My name is Ji Soo, just call me by that."

 

She turned to the outstretched hand and hope her hand didn't sweaty. "Eun Ji. Jung Eun Ji." Did she sound paranoid? No, she didn't. She was being formal. Formal.

 

Her thoughts were back on her when Ji Soo said, “Please, Ms. Jung have yourself relaxed in this sofa.”

 

Eun Ji had herself lay on the sofa. He sat beside her and took notes in his chart. After he had finished writing important things on it, he turned to her. “We are going to start hypnotism. This won't harm you, so don't be afraid. You have to trust me.”

 

She nodded her head. Trust him, she had to trust him. Believing him as that guy she had met at the bus stop, believing him that he could treat her. Yes, she would believe and trust him.