Chapter Sixteen

Hide and Seek 숨바꼭질

Treason

 

"Beware of the Joker. The Game has just begun."

 

Eun Ji trembled. The smell of his masculine cologne had already caught her uncomfortable. Moreover of his sudden approach by his hand on her face. Strong and firm. It was somehow tightly gripped, her skin was almost tore off from her bones.

 

He chuckled. "Jung Eun Ji-ssi, you are my next meal."

 

Horor was splashed on her face. Her fright had burst into tears. She was trembling even more. Her whole body had felt numb. Nothing had come to her sense, she was stuck as a stone.

 

"Don't be scared. This is just the starter."

 

His fingers began to latch on her neck and were trying to choke her to death. His grin looked more devilish and ominous. She was scared.

 

She closed her eyes.

 

Then suddenly a punch was thrown to his face. It made him jerked from her a few steps away and almost fell headlong to the ground.

 

She turned and to her surprise, her lips escaped a word, "Mount Everest man!"

 

Eun Ji would have to admit that his hair color and his seem newly-cut haircut looked great. But she barely enjoyed it because as soon as that happened, she fell to the ground.

 

Won Geun stoop down abruptly and stormed her into his embrace in that moment. "Are you alright?"

 

For the first time, his voice sounded concerning. The first time, she noticed his cologne. Her eyes blinked slowly, she swallowed hard. She stoned, she didn't know how to answer him. But as if he had known that she was fine, he turned to the man. "What is your business here? She had nothing to do with you."

 

The man the blood that stained around his lips. Then he smirked as he said, "Joker is awaiting and nothing is on his way and neither will you."

 

Won Geun ferociously answered, "We shall watch and see."

 

From his wide chest, she took a peek to see the man. She gasped in startle as she saw that the man had a knife on his hand. He gazed at her with a psycho-aura around him, he snorted. Then he stabbed himself to the stage that he was no longer could have a heartbeat. He committed a suicide. He killed himself right there, in front of her bare eyes.

 

The irony was not lost on her. But her face expressed an extreme horor in return.

 

"Eun Ji, Jung Eun Ji!" Won Geun held her shoulders, "Jung Eun Ji, pull yourself together."

 

Her whole body and her senses seemed that they were no longer hers. She had never existed. A dead body was right on her sight, she saw him stabbing himself for the sake of that murdering case. The very exact same thing happened to that ahjumma. Her memories brought her to the most excruciating part of her.

 

"Jung Eun Ji!"

 

A hand was reached to her face, pulled hers close and then lips were slanted on her lips. It was feathering light. A breath was permeated on her skin and it suddenly became a rhythm as the lips pressed against hers even more as if they were going to eat her alive.

 

On a moment she was conscious. Her mind rang out a fact. He was kissing her. They were kissing. She needed to digest the whole situation. His lips were on hers and they were kissing.

 

Her hand then hovered and it slapped his face.

 

Their kiss was broke then.

 

But not their eye contact.

 

"What was that all about?!" Sparks of anger was burn inside Eun Ji. She fisted a hand on Won Geun's face, breaking the eye contact that they had at the moment.

 

Won Geun straddled himself after getting thrown from Eun Ji's mighty fist. He then adjusted his chin as if she had made it swollen, "Where did that energy come from?"

 

Seriously. Eun Ji didn't mind on showing her dislike towards him. She hated him. "Mind for telling me the reason you harass me?"

 

"Prisoner, that wasn't harassment," Eun Ji could hear him chuckled, "it was a distraction—shock with shock."

 

The weather seemed warmer, his pair eyes were on her as if he didn't do anything wrong. She crossed her arms, feeling angry and awkward.

 

"But still you can do something else than that!"

 

"That was the only thing that came up to my mind."

 

"And why would you do that?"

 

"Because I have interest in you."

 

His words were like an electric shock. Interest? Get a rest! Kiss wasn't something that could be easily be played with. It was meant to be had with someone special and Eun Ji's special person couldn't possibly the frosty lonely Mount Everest Man. "Save your jokes later, this is a very serious problem."

 

He furrowed his brows. "How could this be a serious problem?"

 

"Of course it does," she swallowed hard, then rolled her eyes, "Prof. Lee, you are a grown-up man, a kiss is not a game that can be played that easily. You should have that clear up, Sire. Second, interest? You said you have an interest in me?" She snorted, "Please, I had enough shocking things that have been circling around me since yesterday. And you can't have an interest with a woman who just met for just a few hours."

 

Won Geun cleared his throat. "Actually more or less than 48 hours," he stared at her, pulling him closer to the very annoyed woman in front of him, "that kiss wasn't a game or even a mistake—like I said, shock with shock. And what I said about interest, I wasn't joking. I, indeed, have interest in you and I am asking you to be my girlfriend."

 

"Girlfriend? Please..."

 

His eyes were on her. She held her breath.

 

The rational part of her brain was yelling not to tell him. But she just blurt out, "You are serious, Mount Everest?"

 

He squeezed Eun Ji into a hug. She felt his lips brushed on her forehead. "That was my token for charge of my responsibility."

 

Some events were meant to be forgotten and thrown to the deepest soul dungeon. And there were events that confused people to the point that they were no longer digesting them but only accepting that. Eun Ji probably was in between of those situations.