Chapter Seven

Hide and Seek 숨바꼭질

The Suspect

 

Eun Ji woke up gasping for air. She could feel the threat was choking her neck, the adrenaline again flew to her veins and she was paralyzed. It suffocated her. She had just the worst nightmare she had ever had in her life—she witnessed a murder with her bare eyes, a cruel and heartless one. She was then chased by the murderer and to avoid him, she sprinted with all her might. When she had the chance she called the emergency call, then what happened next, she barely could recall them… 

 

The constant beeping voice and streaks of sunlight penetrated the window from the sun itself annoyed her, the disinfectant scent was lingering in the air, awaken her conscious mind to the reality.

 

How long have I slept? she wondered, I just had the worst nightmare ever.

 

She frowned—her brain was still not ready to make any movement.

 

 “You’re awake.” It was a deep, serious tone, yet a powerful voice that only belonged to a man. Eun Ji got a hold of his voice— it wasn’t far from where she was lying. It wasn’t Yong Hwa’s voice, although she was used to hear him say those words. She wasn’t fully regaining a clear vision to her eyes but she sensed the very accurate feeling that was on her skin—breathing.

 

“You’re Jung Eun Ji, right?”

 

This time, she was sure that it wasn’t Yong Hwa. Eun Ji blinked, closed her eyes and blinked again. He was close enough to lure Eun Ji’s beast attraction—he had a roman nose, had the symmetrical face that every man would envy of, those saddle brown eyes of his had that dominant gaze, that smooth and no-spots fair skin definitely would be a hit for becoming an ETUDE male model, all those model features was under his possession, made her wanted to have a shot of him. 

 

Eun Ji gulped. She had never been in such range with a man. It was her first.

 

She didn’t want stare another minute to find his facial features—she could feel the heat growing on her cheeks—“Who… who are you?” she hurried on as she turned her face away from his gaze, afraid that the hot blush would be discovered.

 

He stood straight, leaving the awkward position, but had made Eun Ji far easier to observe him discreetly—he was tall, about six foot tall, he might had been an athlete or done some workout to have such a muscled body, but judging from what he was wearing, he might as well a business man. His dark-brown hair was brushed back, leaving a very neat look. He cleared his throat, “You are now a suspect of a murder case.”

 

Suspect. Murder case. It took Eun Ji for a while to have her brains working and finally, she could get the meaning. So, it wasn’t a dream afterall.

 

She sneered, “Is this some kind of joke?”

 

“I’m afraid he is not joking, Jung Eun Ji-ssi.” Another voice came around—the pressure from his was a lot lighter and felt much more comfortable to hear, but his words didn’t have much difference than the man that was gazing her with that dominant look.

 

Eun Ji turned to the other side, she found that another man was on the room as well. He had his hair combed down over the forehead like hallyu men stars hairstyle these days. His mesmerizing eyes were twitching alongside with the playful smile had drawn into hard line on his face. He didn’t match the other guy’s height but still he was categorized as tall. He leaned against the wall—his medium blue suit was attention-grabbing to the white walls, this kind of look made him looked like perfect playboy.

 

Back to the brushed hair man, his face stern and serious, he continued, “We received a call from the National Emergency Management Agency that someone called for ambulance and police officers, by Jung Eun Ji—it was you, and we suspected that you are an accomplice to the murder and after being hospitalized, you are taken for interrogation.” 

 

“Wh-what? Interrogation?” she stuttered, she shouldn’t be stuttering. 

 

She bit her lips. “What the heck is going on? I am being unjustly accused—I am a witness not an accomplice.”

 

The air she breathed had suddenly choked her, she couldn’t think straight. Investigation, murder, accomplice, those words, those whole messes, what had got into her damn peaceful road? Was God playing with her? She didn’t like this joke, she didn’t like it at all.

 

“You can explain all of it later.”

 

The man went out from the room but the blue suit guy remained. He approached the distressed Eun Ji. Again his playful smile was lured on his face, for some reasons the burden on her shoulders were lessen a bit. “You know, it’s his style to be stern and scary,” he chuckled and pulled a face as his eyes were on her, “he was like that, don’t worry Jung Eun Ji-ssi, we will definitely find out the truth. I believe you are innocent, I will give justice back to you.” He winked at her before he left as he added, “I am Seo In Guk by the way, that serious person just now is Lee Won Geun, we’ll be the ones that handling this case.”

 

How could she not worry, she was worried to death. She’s in the doghouse and to her worst imagination―she might as well end up in the slammer. God, it was choky, she might had died from the suffocation she felt.


Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update as well with the chapter's messy font because I'm updating with my phone. I want to say wish you all a merry christmas!

Thank you for supporting Hide and Seek, hope you enjoy every moment that is happening and don't forget share your thoughts on the comment box! I'm very anticipating your comments!! ^^