Chapter Nine

Hide and Seek 숨바꼭질

Mount Everst Man

 

Eun Ji opened the heavy doors and followed the man—Lee Won Geun, out from the interrogation room. He wasn't a police nor a detective like those who interrogated her earlier, but at least she knew that he has the rights to intervene the interrogation and release a suspect whenever he wanted to.

 

“You'll be with me, now,” said Won Geun, breaking the silent gap between them, “for temporary,” he added.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“What a pain-,” he mumbled.

 

“Excuse me?!” Operation Nice was totally done for this dude. The gratitude that surrounded Eun Ji suddenly lapsed to disdain. She rolled her eyes, “Hey there, Mr. Uptight, I heard you, and I am going nowhere with you.”

 

“You'll be with me,” he said again. He turned to her—his face was as stern as ever. He didn't introduce himself formally and there was no sign that he was making an attempt to appear friendly.

 

“Who wants to go with you? Besides I am innocent.” Eun Ji headed outside. She was leaving, she had been realeased and she didn't need to concern any words that were blurted out from his snide mouth. Won Geun didn't plan to back up, he followed her close behind, making her hackles rose to the level she couldn't control.

 

“What is that you want?” Eun Ji turned and looked at him, she didn't bother to have that annoyance written down all over her face, she had more than enough back there and the man in front of her was trying to make it worse. She was then realized that he was standing close to her.

 

His frosty expression didn't crack—it stayed still, showing no glimpse of any micro-expressions. “That was supposed to be my line—what is that you want?’

 

“Who the hell you think you are?” Brushing some of her dark brown hair out of her eyes, she didn't mind glaring at him. The fact that his face had irritated her more than those detectives were.

 

“Here is my card. I believe you've known my name from Detective Seo's earlier brief introduction.” Eun Ji looked at his card and back to his face, she definitely had no idea what this was all about. “As you can see, I'm a criminal psychologist and you are now under my surveillance.” She looked back at his card and there was indeed written down criminal psychologist.

 

“So, what you are planning to do? Seal me up? Throw me to jail?”

 

“I said, under my surveillance. And yes, perhaps, seal you up might be a good idea.”

 

She looked at him for a moment, that serious face hadn’t let a glimpse of expression crossed his face, but he was definitely asking for a smack on the face.

 

“Lee Won Geun, isn't it? Then, Lee Won Geun-ssi, I apologized for my rudeness, but I am wronged to be suspected. I am innocent.” She had saying innocent for the whole day, and that man was having doubts of her being innocent.

 

“All the evidence they have are leading to you, and you expect them to believe that you are not an accomplice or a murderer? Whether you like it or not you are going with me. End of the discussion.”

 

He was right. To the state, Eun Ji didn't want to believe, but that snide was talking something logical. The camera shown that it was her who killed the woman and polices had no doubts to suspect her. Blabbing about being innocent was probably a joke to them—it was the same as saying nonsense to them. However, going with this man won't change the slightest chance of her being suspected, if that was the case, why would she follow him?

 

“I am not going anywhere with you.”

 

“You don't have the right to make choices, I am.” His cold, thick fingers touched Eun Ji's wrist which startled her. He dragged her to where his car was parked since it was the parking lot. His restraint didn't left her wrist, but it became tighter and tighter. Around this man, somehow she was motionless―he was radiated with power and had that do-what-I-asked aura which wasn't something she could avoid.

 

Eun Ji's slowly blinked her eyes, stunned. It was a rich man's toy indeed, classic black Mercedes was parked, at first glance it was shining as it exposed to the sunlight. She almost thought that she would go blind from the luminous black, but she wasn't.

 

“Get inside the car.” His voice was grave. The parking lot was unoccupied—it was only the two of them. “Don't make me repeat.”

 

She nodded and sat down to the leather-cushioned front seat. The leather squealed as she laid her back. Her breath was picked up. Not with excitement, fear or anything, but she was hoping, a hope to not get into more trouble. He was swift enough to get into the driver's seat after her, stuck his key on the ignition. The Mercedes coughed smoothly as it switched gears.

 

Silence filled the atmosphere throughout the whole way. It was awkward. Being with Mr. Uptight on the same car was no difference standing alone on the top of Mount Everest, draining with snows over her while shivering in cold.

 

“Where are we going?” She started up, sending warm breeze to the frosty-expressionless-man, hoping to get out from the icy situation.

 

“My residence.”

 

She pressed her lips. It was end of the conversation. His powerful force froze her voice out. The only thing left was only silence, no music was played, only silence and awkwardness between them. She was back standing alone on the Mount Everest.

 


Author's Note: 

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update. But I am not done with this story yet and you guys will have more thriller from the Joker

Here is the thing, I won't be updating everyday but I will update it every Saturday (if I can, I can't promise :p)

Sometimes one chapter or maybe two at once.

Stay tuned! ^^

 

Love,

GaEul22