Chapter Ten

Hide and Seek 숨바꼭질

Worse than Jail Itself

 

The Mercedes slowed as it got into an enormous complex. It came to a roundabout with a dead unloved fountain in the center, swept around it and was parked next to the sprawling house―it was about two stories height. His residence was more like a left-palace in an isolated area. It was huge and gorgeous, it was English-like old building structure, but there was also a glimpse of horror. A small rose garden had been planted in front, but it was no longer had its beauty, it was riddled with wild weeds.

 

“Hey,” he said, “Why are standing stupefiedly there? Get close to my pace.”

 

“Coming...” she said, followed close behind him.

 

The house was indeed English styled, the corridor was ornamented with wooden panels as well as ornate chandeliers, oil paintings of views or anything related to nature. There was a wooden stairs that led up to the second floor.

 

“The first floor is all yours, you can go anywhere you want, except this room,” he pointed the wooden door carved with unique classic batique, continued, “and the second floor, you are forbid to go as free as you want. Remember this one thing: you are my prisoner.”

 

“What the hell...” Eun Ji glared at him, “I haven't one hundred percent agreed to live with you, and I only followed you, that's all. I have my own house and my own family―I can't be suddenly disappearing without news, they’d be worried sick about me.”

 

“It is not something you should be worrying about. I had contacted your brother and said that you are under police's surveillance.”

 

“What? You tell him?!” Eun Ji couldn't hold her calm pace, besides it wasn't her style. What she feared was eventually arrived―it was the matter of time until Yong Hwa knew that she was a suspect. “How could you possibly tell him?”

 

“He was at the hospital.” His voice was cool and calm, “family is always contacted first, there is no particular reason for you to not know that. By the time you are no longer a suspect, you'll be naturally be released. So, temporary, this is your jail.”

 

A gergeous house as jail, it wasn't a bad choice either. No, she was a prisoner, she couldn't accept that. “Then, what about my job? I still had a lot of appointments with my clients.”

 

“I have contacted your colleague and your supervisor that you are taking your leave for a while.”

 

My eyes jerked to him. “So, you have taken over everything, even though you know that I will decline your suggestions.”

 

“Yes.” He stepped forward to her, closing their distance together. It was making Eun Ji uncomfortable, not because she hated being around with handsome guys, she had been with those kind of guys for like for her whole life, stuck with them for hours, looking at their hot poses, that was a life as a fashion photographer. The reason was merely because he was annoying, an annoying handsome criminal psychologist.

 

“What... what are you doing?” She was stuttering, she shouldn't be stuttering.

 

“Stay calm.”

 

She held her breath. Her gaze was on his dark-brown eyes, his nose and the tempting lips...

 

Click. A sound of metal clinging made her realized of something. When she moved her hands, they were no longer on their freedom mode, they were tied, and she was handcuffed. He was just handcuffed her. She should have known. “What is the meaning of this?”

 

“You are a suspect, a prisoner, how could I possibly leaving you freely without securing you?”

 

Eun Ji rolled her eyes, her lips twitched upwards, a laugh of annoyance was burst out from her. “You are handcuffing me?” She couldn't believe it, it was no more than two hours that she had been released from the curb of handcuff and she was being indirectly imprisoned again.

 

“Take these off me!”

 

“No.”

 

She glared at him, but she couldn't think of any way to make him to release her from those metallic thingy, she hit her head to his face--height problem. He growled and yanked from her, his hand spontaneously rubbed his nose, no expression was written on his face, although he was hurt, “I am not a person who you can easily play with, I'll call you for dinner. You can have a rest on your room near the corner.”

 

What was she thinking back then, was she expecting some kind of romantic drama happening to this kind of situation? Are you tired being single, Jung Eun Ji? How could she possibly think chemistry would spark between them? She had lost her mind!

 

“Lee Won Geun-ssi...!”

 

“Ah, I forgot to tell you,” he turned to her after he sat down at the long white couch near the black grand piano, “I don't like being called with the -ssi, it means that our relationship is close enough, I preferred Professor Lee.” He took a book that had lain on the couch long before they arrived and read to where he had stopped.

 

“Whatever.” She mumbled as her furious strides leaded to the room he was referring at.

 

The door was bang opened with only her leg pushed it, it was as if he had predicted that she would be arriving or the door was left open the whole time. She didn't have to bother thinking about door's problem―she had to think of her problem instead.

 

White ceilings was shaping the room with wooden tiles, a bed was placed neatly on the middle leaned by the wall, a television was on the opposite, for entertainment, she guessed. The room furniture didn't interest her further enough, she was sick of the man named Lee Won Geun.

 

She threw herself to the bed, and with cushion on her face, she yelled, "Mr. Uptight expressionless frosty irritating maniac! What the hell are you intervening my life! Go and mind your own business!"

 

Her head was up, she was gasping for air. Doing that childish thing indeed needed a lot of additional oxygen. Her eyes rolled to the closed door, she glared at it as she clenched her fists, “Lee Won Geun, you petty bastard, I won't let you go off easily!”

 


Author's Note:

This is a bonus from yesterday, hope you all have a good Sunday and have a new spirit to encounter new days.

Thank you for supporting Hide and Seek!

See you again next Saturday!

 

Love,

GaEul22