Tragedy Strikes

A Simple Love

The depressed version of Kim Jaejoong didn't amuse Park Yoochun or Kim Junsu one little bit. In fact, it made them sick to their stomachs. The way his frown dominated his facial features, the knitting of his eyebrows, the cold, hard look in his eyes: they were all scary to look at. What was worse was his sudden drop in weight. Before the Split, he was in perfect health, more or less a little underweight. But now, his fingers were like toothpicks, his cheeks sunk in, his arms were bony, and he had dark circles underneath his eyes. This was in no way normal.

The Split was the worst thing to ever happen to the three men.

Dong Bang Shin Ki (also known as DBSK, TVXQ, DB5K, and Tohoshinki) was a young boy group that debuted in 2003, consisting of members Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park, Yoochun, Kim Junsu, and Shim Changmin. Lee Soo Man, one of the top associates at SM Entertainment, decided to try a group with all singers that could also rap and dance. This concept was slowly accepted by the public. DBSK sold many albums, mini-albums, repackaged albums, singles, and also sold out quite a few concerts. By the time 2005 rolled around, they went to work on the Japanese markets. They were hugely popular there as well, which only increased the popularity. They were going to go world-wide, but that didn't happen. Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu were tired of the treatment they recieved from Lee Soo Man. Nobody really knew if the rumors were true, but the way the members reacted to him could almost make the rumors solid facts. The three men split from Yunho and Changmin in 2008 after winning a lawsuit against SM Entertainment. After that, they didn't know what to do. Yunho played the role of leader the best. He was responsible and loving, and cared for all the members equally.

What made it different to be the leader of DBSK, though, was the reason they were a group: they were a family as well. They knew everything about each other, kept each other's secrets, and got along perfectly well. Nobody could do anything about that. If any of the members needed some time alone, Yunho arranged that, and the members respected their fellow bandmate's wishes. If someone was hungry, Yunho would take the initiave and take them out to eat, or he would cook with Jaejoong in the kitchen. If someone got hurt, the main objective was to get them the right treatment no matter what it took, no matter how far the hospital was, or what they were doing at that moment: everyone had to be cared for equally. Yunho was the best leader anyone could have. And to prove such a thing, an interviewer asked one time, "If DBSK were to disband, in the position of 'Leader,' what would you do?" Yunho responded in the best manner possible, "I would gather everyone together and start over." This only deepened the Cassiopeia's love for DBSK's amazing leader.

Unfortunately, Lee Soo Man treated Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu wrongly, and the three of them left DBSK in the dust, wanting a different atmosphere to work in. They wanted to be in a stress-free workplace where they could still get the same love, but have more fun while doing it. But sacrifices were made as well. Changmin was the cute, lovable maknae that could scream his lungs out if he needed to, and all the while having fun and entertaining his bandmates. Junsu and Yoochun lost a dear friend, and Jaejoong lost his "son." Yunho, being the amazing leader, was the one everyone else looked up to, especially Jaejoong and Yoochun. They were lost without him. But Yoochun saw how much more Jaejoong cared for Yunho, easy. He would do anything to get Jaejoong back to his old ways, with the help of Junsu, no matter what it took. It killed him inside to see how depressed Jaejoong was, and he knew of only one way to help Jaejoong get back to smiling.

He was the best leader in the world: Jung Yunho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So, how was the first chapter? Sorry if there's a lot of repetitive stuff; I've got to start it somehow, and I'm also reading a really good book called "1Q84" that's like that. It's written by a Japanese man named Haruki Murakami. It's an amazing book. I suggest it to anybody who likes romance/mystery/suspense. :)