Chapter 7

Trash

                Vanitas blinked the sleep from his eyes, slowly moving as he woke up. As he opened his eyes wider, finally actually able to see, he saw a ball of blonde hair in front of his face; felt the blonde hair tickling his nose. The ravenette’s face flushed a deep red as he realized the sort of position he was in. yanking his arms back, he sat up, staring at the sleeping blonde beside him; the one he had been holding close just moments before.
                “Ventus… .”
 
                “Sora, Riku, get up.” Vanitas growled, staring at the two males curled up together on Sora’s rather large bed. Riku slit one eye open, glaring at the ravenette.
                “ off, Vanitas.” He groaned, pulling the brunette beside him closer as he slept soundly. The ravenette’s eye twitched as he stared at the two teenagers.
                “If John finds you like that, he’s going to flip out.” He stated before he leaving, uninterested in dealing with the grumpy silver haired male.
                “Vanitas! Oh, there you are! Did you wake Sora and Riku up?” Rivita called out as Vanitas walked into the kitchen.
                “Morning Vani!” Ventus called out, much to Vanitas’ surprise.
                “Didn’t know you were up.” The ravenette stated, unable to look the teen in the eye, “And no; they wouldn’t get up.” Rivita sighed, pulling the waffle out of the waffle iron.
                “Should I go wake them? It’s already past ten.” The auburn haired woman placed a plate of waffles in front of Ventus, topped off with syrup and whipped cream, before handing another plate to Vanitas, topped off with whipped cream and blueberries. How did she…? Vanitas quickly tossed the question out of his head, taking the plate from his adopted mother.
                “I wouldn’t suggest going in Sora’s room.” Rivita gave the black haired teen a questioning look, which he shook off as she nodded with sudden understanding. Vanitas took his usual spot, which Ventus happened to be sitting next to. The blond smiled, a light pink blush spread across his face as he did so.
                “So, Vanitas,” Rivita leaned against the table, staring at the ravenette with a mischievous glint in her eyes, “I didn’t know you had a boyfriend.” Ventus’ face burst into an array of red, his eyes growing wide and mouth dropping open. A light pink flush started to make its home on Vanitas’ face, though he shooed it away.
                “I don’t. Ventus is one of Sora’s friends.” He stated calmly, unwilling to give in to the woman’s interrogation disguised as playful teasing. The blonde glanced at the male beside him, his heart beating rapidly. Vanitas too a bite of the waffle, ignoring the panicking boy next to him.
                “Oh, so do you always hold Sora’s friends close while sharing a bed? Actually, we have several guest bedrooms here, so you hadn’t any reason to share a bed to begin with…” the auburn haired woman trailed off, a false thoughtful expression on her face as her continued her joshing. Ventus glanced at Vanitas, curiosity etched into his features as the ravenette’s face grew dark; both metaphorically and literally. His face steadily turned a dark crimson, whilst his eyebrows twitched in annoyance and anger.
                Placing his hands on the table, Vanitas stood up abruptly, tipping his chair over in the process. “I’ll go se of Sora and Riku are awake now.” He stated, keeping his head down so his hair would cover his face as he stormed off, keeping his footsteps light out of habit, only to stop on the fifth stair to listen to the continuation of the conversation.
                “W-was he really, u-uhm… holding me?” Ventus’ voice came out timid, but curious, causing the woman in front of him to smile.
                “Indeed he was,” she started, acknowledging the fact that Vanitas was still listening. I’ve gotten used to your light footsteps, child. I know you’re there, even if Ventus doesn’t. Rivita mentally chuckled, amused by the male’s actions. “He’s really not as tough as he acts, and he knows it. I love checking in on him when he’s immersed in his own world; I get to see a whole new side of him! And seeing the two of you cuddle while you slept… it was just too adorable, I couldn’t bring myself to wake you up!” Ventus flushed lightly, biting his lip as he remembered the cold feeling on his back and around his waist when he woke up, as if something were missing.
                “Idiot…” Vanitas whispered as he continued up the stairs to his elder brother’s bedroom, now determined to wake the lazy boy up.
 
“Sora, Riku, get up.” He demanded, pulling the blanket from the bed, which in turn caused Sora to curl his body up into a ball, shivering.
                “Vaaanniiiiiii!” Sora whined, staring up at his seemingly heartless little brother, “What you do that for?” Riku grunted, displeased by the sudden chill. Standing up, Riku took the blanket from the ravenette, tossing it back on the small brunette. Vanitas raised a brow, amused by the startled noise Sora made as the blanket made contact with his head.
                “Rivita made waffles; your favourite.” The ravenette stated, resulting in Sora shooting off the bed to his closet, pulling on a blue t-shirt and running downstairs without so much as a word. The two males left stared at each other as the heard a startled Rivita squeal then laugh, soon joined by two young males, presumably Sora and Ventus. Vanitas tossed a black muscle tank-top to Riku before walking out the door. “Sora’s clothes won’t fit you; put that on.” Riku nodded, pulling the fabric over his head as he made his way downstairs, a small smile on his face.