Chapter 5

Trash

                 “Hiya, Vani!” Seifer called out as the raven haired male turned the corner. Vanitas glared at the blonde, noticing he was alone.
                “Don’t call me that.” He growled as he walked past the school bully, towards the school’s rear entrance.
                “Okay, okay!” Seifer said, holding his hands up in mock defence. “Where are you going? Class is that-a-way.” The blonde male pointed in the opposite direction the ravenette was going as he turned around, raising a brow.
                “What makes you think I’m going to class?”
                “You always go to class,” Seifer snickered, “Like a good little boy.” Vanitas gave the male a dull stare, not impressed, nor affected. Just bored.
                “Is that supposed to bother me?” Vanitas asked, raising a brow at the seemingly idiotic male, “You’ll have to do a lot better than that.” Seifer growled slightly, walking towards the black haired teen in front of him.
                “You need to learn your place, Vani. This is my school. I make the rules.” Vanitas laughed, not a bitter laugh, not a psychotic laugh, nor was it a forced laugh. Vanitas genuinely found what the male said to be amusing as he wiped an imaginary tear from his left eye.
                “Wow, nobody told me you were funny!” as his laugh died down, his attitude changed, his amused smile soon turning dark, “You shouldn’t tell me what to do. I’m not above punching the mentally disabled.” Vanitas glared down his nose at the blonde, a wide smile set upon his face. Vanitas grabbed the male’s shirt, pulling the blonde to him as he leaned forward a bit, whispering in his ear, “Watch your back, kid. I don’t take being bossed around lightly.” Vanitas then shoved the male away, turning around and walking out the door.
                “How annoying,” he sighed, leaning against a large oak tree as he pulled out his phone, checking the message he had gotten earlier.‘Meet me out back’. Axel had sent the message, and Vanitas had nothing better to do than oblige.
                “Hey, you came!” a voice called out, causing Vanitas to look up boredly, slightly annoyed at how loud the taller male was being.
                “Didn’t have anything better to do.” Vanitas stated, staring at the brunette male behind Axel. Terra.
                “Hey, Vanitas.” Terra stated, displeased by the sight of the male. Vanitas grunted, turning his gaze to Axel.
                “What’d you want?” Axel’s stare soon turned serious, something unusual for the male.
                “Ventus has been acting strange lately.”
                “So?”
                “Roxas said he thinks something’s going on,” Axel sighed, pressing his index and middle fingers to his temple, “He thinks Ven is being bullied.”
                “What the hell does that have to do with me?” Vanitas shot a dirty look towards the tall male behind the red head, “It’s not me, so don’t even bother wasting your breath.”
                “Like hell, it’s not you.” Terra growled, clenching his fists. “Nobody else would bully him.”
                “Nobody else? Really? Take a look around, genius! There are tons of people here that would bully that idiot.” Vanitas spat, glaring at the older male, “But it’s not me. I’m not into that bullying crap.”
                “I don’t believe you. You’re an to everyone; obviously the type to bully people.” Axel raised both his brows, surprised by the sudden argument.
                “Being an is different from being a bully, . Why would I go out of my way to hurt someone if I get nothing out of it? If you want to accuse someone, go take a look at the school bullies.” Then ravenette watched the brunette’s face contort with realization, finally looking at the facts; Vanitas doesn’t do anything unless it benefits him.
                “Right then… now that that’s done,” Axel laughed awkwardly, turning back to Vanitas, serious once more. “I was hoping you’d be able to keep an eye on Ventus. You’re in the same class, so you’re able to see him more. I’d ask Sora to do it, but he’s not exactly…” the spiky haired male trailed off, trying to find the right words.
                “Sora’s an idiot, and he’s weak.” Vanitas said, knowing the male was trying not to anger him unnecessarily, “I’ll keep an eye out. Been looking for someone to fight anyway.” Vanitas shoved his hands in his pockets, yawning. “Later.”
                “I don’t trust him.” Terra stated, glaring at the younger male’s back as he walked away.
                “You don’t have to.” Axel chuckled, following Vanitas back into the building.
 

~•🌟•~

 
                “You dropped your books, .” Vanitas heard Seifer sneer as he rounded the corner just in time to see Ventus bend down to pick up his books.
                “Well, would you look at that! He’s already getting on his knees!” a large tan male with black hair laughed as a small girl with silver hair watched, seemingly bored and unamused. Raijin and Fuujin.
                “Seifer,” Vanitas greeted the trio with a smile, not bothering to send a glance towards the blonde kneeling on the floor, picking up his books. As the ravenette walked forward, he kicked a book closer to Ventus, making it easier for the male on the floor to gather his books. “What are you doing?”
                “Exactly what it looks like, .” Seifer raised an eyebrow, surprised to see the ravenette. Vanitas’ smile fell to show a look of disgust, hatred burning in his eyes.
                “So, what you’re telling me,” Vanitas looked glared at the three teens in front of him, “Is that you’re tormenting Ventus.” Seifer smirked as Raijin laughed, Fuujin only stared at Vanitas, wondering what he was doing.
                “Yeah, so what?” Seifer glared back, attempting to make Vanitas back down, though failing miserably as it seemed to only make the black haired male angrier. “He’s a homo. He deserves it.”
                “Yes, well, unfortunately he’s Sora’s friend.” Vanitas glared down at the male, still kneeling on the floor. “You need to stop.”
                “Who’s gonna make us?” Seifer snickered as Raijin stepped towards Vanitas, staring down at him, crossing his arms. Vanitas smirked, staring up at the taller male directly in front of him as Ventus stared up at them, horrified, Vanitas took a large step back, turning around, causing the smiles on the bullies faces to grow wider, laughter already bubbling up in their throats. The smirk on Vanitas’ face fell as he lifted his leg, swinging it with enough force to spin him around completely. Their smiles soon fell as Vanitas’ foot connected with large male’s face, sending Raijin to the floor. Vanitas stared down at him, a large smirk evident on his face as Ventus stared up at him in shock.
                “Alright, break it up! Break it up!” a teacher called down the hall, running towards the group of teenagers. Seifer gave Vanitas a look that said, ‘this isn’t over’, but did as the teacher had said and took off, his lackeys close behind. Vanitas held out a hand to Ventus, which he gratefully took, pulling himself up with some effort. The ravenette turned around, walking right past the teacher as they tried to speak with him. Ventus apologized, saying it would never happen again as he ran to catch up with the teenage male ignoring the teacher.
                “I didn’t know you could fight…” Ventus trailed off, noticing it was quite an obvious fact as he stared at the male beside him.
                “What was that about?” Vanitas refused to look at the blonde, but questioned him as they walked down the hall, towards the school’s front entrance. Ventus stared at the male, realizing he had saved him from his tormentors. The blonde looked down, ashamed that he had to be saved. He probably thinks I’m a wuss now.
                Ventus stayed quiet, unsure what to tell the black haired male to his right. He thought for a moment, trying to think up a believable lie. He thought, and though, yet came up with nothing. Vanitas glared at the blonde from the corner of his eye, irritated with how the male was suddenly acting. Stopping, Vanitas asked once again, causing the blonde to freeze. Ventus started to tremble slightly, a tear rolling down his cheek as he turned to face the teenage male whom had saved him just moments before.
                “I-I… Vanitas…” Ventus whispered, staring at the ground as the tears he tried to hold back spilled over, “I-I’m… I’m gay a-and…” the blonde wiped furiously at his eyes, willing himself to stop crying in front of ravenette.
                Vanitas sighed, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly as he watched his brother’s friends cry, unsure of what to do. “Okay, just stop. Stop crying already. You’re gay, so what? It’s not a big deal.” Vanitas mumbled, trying his best to get the blonde to stop his tears. Ventus stared at the awkward male in shock, unaware how hard the ravenette was trying.
                “I… I’m… Vanitas, I’m in love with Terra…” Vanitas stared at the blonde, relieved the tears has finally stopped.
                “I know.” Ventus’ eyes widened in surprise before narrowing slightly.
                “How did you know?” the blonde questioned Vanitas, afraid of how many people know, “Are you the only one, or…”
                “It’s obvious,” Vanitas started, an eyebrow raised as watched the blonde in amusement, “However, Terra’s probably way too stupid to realize it.” Ventus sighed, relieved to know Terra wouldn’t realize it.
                “Wait, what do you mean ‘he’s too stupid’?” Ventus narrowed his eyes, annoyed by the insult.
                “I mean exactly what I said, Ventus.” Vanitas sighed, exasperated by the blonde. The two stared at each other, annoyance written all over their faces.
                “Vani, Ventus, there you guys are! We’ve been looking all over for you!” Sora yelled down the hall as he ran towards the teenage boys, tackling his younger brother into a hug. Terra strode up soon after, followed by Roxas and Riku.
                “Get off me, Sora.” Vanitas growled, glaring at the brunette behind his older brother. Ventus noticed the silent exchange between the two teens, growing more confused by the second.
                “Where were you guys?” Terra asked, turning away from the ravenette completely.
                “We ran into each other not long ago… I was just wandering around before that,” Ventus stated, glancing over at the black haired male, hoping he wouldn’t say anything.
                “The idiot got lost.” Vanitas smirked, catching Ven’s gaze. “I’m heading home, later, Sora.” Vanitas raised a hand in a lazy wave, walking away.