Chapter 4

Trash

        “Hey, Vanitas! Come here!” Sora shouted, waving over his black haired brother. Growling, Vanitas stood up, walking over to a hyper active Sora.
        “What do you want, now?” he sighed, rubbing his temple with two fingers. Sora picked up his laptop, shoving it in Vanitas’ face.
        “Say hi!” Sora shouted as the raven haired male reeled back. Narrowing his eyes, Vanitas peered at the overly bright screen, quickly becoming annoyed when he saw the people one the other side. Roxas, Namine, Ventus.
        “Hello Vanitas,” Namine said cheerfully, waving into the screen while Roxas and Ventus argued in the background. Glancing over, Roxas acknowledged the raven haired male on the other side of the screen before huffing and stomping out of the room. Ventus sighed before giving Vanitas a cheerful greeting, which Vanitas replied with a glare, barking at Sora to get the laptop out of his face.
 
        After roughly thirty minutes, Sora had convinced Vanitas to keep skyping with the twins and Namine while he went to go fetch Axel, Xion and Terra from the nearby ice cream parlor. Vanitas sat on the couch, staring at the screen as Roxas and Ventus still argued, and Namine just sat there awkwardly, unsure of what to do or say.
        “So, Namine, how’s the vacation?” Vanitas grumbled, deciding to take the pale blonde’s attention away from her bickering brothers.
        “Oh, it’s been wonderful! Though… Rox and Ven fight whenever mom and dad are away…” Namine’s face fell as she recalled all the fights her elder brothers have had when their parents leave them alone.
        “I’ve never seen them fight before. What’s up?” Vanitas asked, being unusually kind, as he always was with the delicate teen.
        “Roxas didn’t want to come… but Ventus forced him,” the blonde cringed as something broke, leaving the two blondes behind her in a state of shock as they stared at the broken vase on their hotel room floor.
        “Mom’s gonna kill us…” Roxas whispered, staring at the vase in horror as Ventus hurried to find the list of objects in the room, the list that would tell them just how much the vase was worth.
        “Looks expensive,” Vanitas laughed, watching the blonde twins go through every drawer and cupboard in the room.
        “It’s worth nearly a thousand dollars…” Ventus groaned, slipping the sheet into Roxas’ hands, “Great. We’re dead. Toootally dead! We’ll never see the light of day again!”
        “Hey, what’s going on?” a particular red head plopped down beside Vanitas, flinging an arm over his shoulder.
        “Those two idiots broke a vase worth nearly a grand.” The raven haired male replied in a bored tone, looking up at the taller male. Ventus groaned once more as Roxas glared at the screen, unhappy with how close the two males were.
        “Are they gonna get in trouble?” Sora asked, leaning against the couch to get a look at the broken vase.
        “Oh yeah. Knowing their dad, he probably wouldn’t freak out, just more be disappointed, but…” Terra started, resting his arm atop Sora’s head as Sora looked up at him, wanting more information.
        “Mom, however, is a totally different story.” Ventus sighed, laying down next to Namine. The younger blonde looked down, thinking about the last time her brothers screwed up.
        “Mom’s gonna flip .” Roxas stated, packing his bags, “Ventus, Namine, pack your bags, we gotta leave before they get back.”
        “Well, we could do that,” Ventus started, glaring up at his twin, “Or we could stay right where we are because we’re broke, genius.” Roxas paused, staring back at his siblings as realization struck.
        “Riiiight…”
        “What time do your parents get back?” Terra asked, checking his watch.
        “Around ten, probably. Why?”
        “We could be there by eight.” The brunette stated, checking his wallet, “I’ve got enough for gas. We should be able to get there soon to bail you out.” The tall male laughed as Vanitas shook his head.
        “Idiot. If we were to drive there, we wouldn’t get there until eleven. It’s six right now, and it’s a five-hour drive.”
        “Wait, are you serious?”
        “Not very bright, are you?” Vanitas sneered, standing up and walking over to the phone. “Sora, call Rivita, tell her we’re going to New York for a bit.” The noirette tossed the phone to his brother before jogging upstairs to get his bag, where his wallet, laptop and cellphone resided.
        “Vanitas seems to have a plan, so we’ll see you in a bit, alright?” Xion smiled reassuringly, hoping no one would panic.
 
        “We’re taking a plane?” Terra asked, staring up at the large airport they now stood outside of.
        “No , . It’s the only way we’ll get there in time to bail ‘em out.” Vanitas growled, following Sora and Xion into the large building, Axel by his side and Terra behind them.
        “Five tickets to New York.” The ravenette stated at the ticket buying station.
        “You guys look a little young to be going places via plane by yourselves,” the carrot-topped female behind the glass stated, raising an eyebrow, “Is someone picking you up on the other end?”
        “Last I checked, it wasn’t your job to question customers.” Vanitas growled, sliding the five passports to the woman, along with a platinum credit card.
        “We’re meeting our friends!” Sora stated happily, leaning into his brother. Vanitas elbowed the brunette away, glaring at the woman behind the glass.
        “Five tickets to New York. First Class.” He stated, glaring down at the woman in such a way she started to tremble.
        “Ah, y-yes, right away sir!” She checked the passports, and printed five tickets off, which Vanitas then paid for and the five teens walked away.
        “You didn’t need to scare her, Vani.” Sora pouted as they all walked towards the lineup, ready to get on the plane.
        “It’ll be an hour and a half before we get there, so we should be there around eight. You know where they’re staying, right, Vanitas?” Xion asked, walking closely to the male as a group of male teens walked by, eyeing her up. Vanitas stayed quiet for a moment, realizing he had no idea where to go.
        “I’ll text Ventus!” Sora chirped, taking out his phone to send his friend a message. Seconds later, a reply came, just before they were to board the plane.
        “Okay! We know where to go now!” Sora held out his phone towards Vanitas to show him the Hotel name and room number.
 
        After the plane landed, Axel called Roxas and told him to meet them in the hotel lobby. And now here they are, looking for a familiar blonde head.
        “Where the hell is he?” Vanitas grumbled, placing a hand on his hip. The group of five had split up. Well, mostly. Xion and Sora went to search together, as Sora got easily lost and Xion wasn’t keen on wandering around aimlessly, alone, whilst near groups of random male teens.
        “Vanitas…?” a small voice sounded from behind him, catching his attention. Turning around, he caught a glimpse of pale blonde hair through a crowd. Namine. Sighing, the ravenette shoved people out of the way, security catching his eye a few times, as though to warn him not to get violent. Vanitas felt a light tug at his sleeve, and a soft voice accompanied it.
        “I’m glad I found you! Roxas and Ventus are cleaning up the glass… still…” Vanitas nodded, taking the small girl’s hand as he led her away from the crowd she had gotten swept up in. “Should I text everyone to meet us at the elevator?” Namine asked, glancing up at the taller male.
        “Aw, look at those two! So cute!”
        “Yeah! They reek of ‘opposites attract’, it’s adorable! A big, dark, brooding guy, and a small, sweet and innocent girl… so sweet!”
        “You can see how kind he is to her, too! I saw him earlier snapping at people and shoving them around… you know, like a delinquent, but look how he’s treating her, so gentle!”
        “Oh, I want a guy like that!
        “Yeah, me too!”
        “Will you imbeciles shut the up!?” Vanitas barked, glaring at the group of young women before turning back to the blonde girl beside him, “Yeah, text them. It’s too much of a bother to try to find them in this crowd of idiots.” Shooting yet another glare at the young women, Vanitas weaved himself and Namine through the crowd as she sent off a group text to the four other teens.
        Within seconds, she received replies of ‘gotcha’s and ‘okay’s.
 
        Namine quickly unlocked the door, allowing the small group of teens inside.
        “Axel!” a voice shouted as Axel was tackled to the ground, a burst of chuckled escaping his mouth. “Did you bring it?” Roxas asked, staring at his boyfriend hopefully. Axel reached into his pocket, and pulled out a packet of sea salt taffies. Roxas’ eyes lit up as he snatched the candies from the redhead before leaning down to kiss him.
        “Guys, it’s great to see you!” Ventus smiled as they all stepped around the couple on the floor, trying their best to ignore them.
        “Yeah, great to see you, too, kiddo.” Terra wrapped an arm around Ventus’ shoulders, bring him in for a ‘noogie’. Vanitas glared at the duo, displeased with the obvious display of affection, despite Axel and Roxas practically making out on the floor. Namine and Xion went to lay down on one of the beds, chatting quietly.
        “Hey, Vanitas?” Sora whispered, watching his slightly older brother glare at two of his friends, “Vanitas, I paid off the vase. Since you paid for everyone’s tickets…” Sora grabbed hold of the ravenette’s arm, leading him of to the beds, away from Terra and Ventus.
        “Right.” Vanitas stated, sitting at the foot of the bed the girls were laying on. “Namine, Xion, c’mere.” Vanitas reached into his bag, pulling out two phone charms. A blue bear with glasses, and a pink bear with a crown.
        “Aw, those are so cute!” Namine stared at the charms in awe as Xion agreed.
        “I didn’t think you were into that sort of stuff. Where’s you get them?” Xion asked, taking the pink charm and examining it. “I haven’t seen anything like this in stores.”
        “A fan sent them to me. Apparently they won them in a contest or something, and didn’t want them, saying they were too girly and he didn’t have a girlfriend to give ‘em to.”
        “So he sent them to you to give to your girlfriend?”
        “Something of the sort. Do you guys want them?”
        “Oh… but, aren’t you supposed to give them to your girlfriend?” Namine asked worriedly, staring at the blue bear charm Vanitas held out to her.
        “Yeah, cause I’ve got a girlfriend.” Vanitas laughed, dropped the small phone charm in her hand. “You guys can have ‘em. I’ve got no use for the charms.” Namine’s eyes widened, holding the cute charm up to look at it.
        “It’s so cute, thank you, Vanitas!” she giggled, lunging at the ravenette, giving him a tight hug and kiss on the cheek. Vanitas sat in shock for a moment before placing an arm around the small girl’s waist.
        “Yeah, yeah, go put it on your phone.” He chuckled, gently pushing the girl off him. Xion stared at the pink bear charm – now attached to her phone – and smiled, as Namine pulled her own cell from her pocket.
        “Thanks, Vani~” Xion teased, placing a kiss on his cheek as he growled, displeased with the little nickname she picked up.
        “Guys, mom called. She said our tickets are in our suitcases… her and dad are gonna head back now. Something about an emergency at work.” Ventus stated, glancing back at Roxas, “She said we can catch the plane whenever, as long as we leave by tomorrow night.”
        “Right, well, guess we’re bunkin’ with you guys!” Axel laughed, picking up his small boyfriend and heading through the door, connecting two rooms.
        “Wait, Axel! This is Namine’s room!” Roxas protested, rolling his eyes as the others laughed.
        “Hey, Nami, you mind if Roxas and I borrow your room?” Axel paused, glancing back at the younger girl, knowing exactly what she’d say.
        “Yeah, that’s fine.” Namine smiled, sitting down between Xion and Vanitas.
        “This’ll be an interesting night.”