Prologue

Trash
 
                “Oh, boys! I was just about to come get you! I’ve made blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes, sit down and eat.” The woman, Rivita – their new ‘mother’ – said. Vanitas stared at the woman for a moment, a scowl evident on his face. We’ve been living here for about a week. Got that week off school to get everything set up. I still don’t like this. The black haired teen thought, watching as his brother – Sora – beamed, hugged and thanked Rivita, then sat down to eat. Growling, Vanitas watched Sora stack seven pancakes onto his plate, drenching them in syrup. He just grabbed a pancake, folding it in half, and walked away while ripping into it.
                “Vanitas doesn’t like it here, does he?” he heard Rivita ask as he walked away, his eyebrows furrowing at the question.
                “He just doesn’t think it’ll last long…” God, Sora. Just keep your mouth shut for once.
 
                “You’re wearing that? , you’re sense of style is weird.” Vanitas stared at his older brother, eyeing him up and down. He wore a long sleeve shirt; the sleeves are yellow, while the rest is orange. His jeans are also yellow, but he’s got something kind of like chaps on, though not quite. They hook up on the front of his belt, and just kind of hang there. They’re a darker blue, unlike his scarf, which is a sky blue. He’s even got an orange freaking purse slung around his shoulder, with matching glasses, too. Though, he actually needs his glasses. Can’t see long distances, after all. Ah… and then there’s that… “You’re still wearing that?”
                Sora brought his hand up to his chest, grabbing the crown that hung around it. “Of course I am. I’m never going to take it off. You gave it to me for my birthday…” he trailed off, a smile of content soon forming on his face.
                “That was five ing years ago.”
                “It’s my most prized possession.” Sora stared at his younger brother, his stubbornness taking over once more.
                “Whatever.” Vanitas pulled on his black leather jacket, then rifled through his bag that he had strapped onto the back of his bike. "Ah, there they are.” he whispered to himself, pulling out a pair of red, fingerless gloves, and slipping them on. Perfect for riding.
                “Mind giving me a ride?” Sora popped up in front of him, a goofy grin plastered on his face once more.
                “Get on.”
 
~•🌟•~
 
                “Class, we have two new students joining today. Would you care to introduce yourselves?” the teacher spoke, catching Ventus’ attention. He stopped speaking with his brother, Roxas, and turned to face the front. The black haired boy scoffed, but the brunette beamed.
                “Hi! My name’s Sora Ashe! I hope we can become friends!” the brunette, Sora, seemed to be a cheerful boy, very friendly. His brother, however...
                “And you?” the teacher asked the slightly taller male, raising an eyebrow. He looks like he’ll cause a lot of problems.
                “Vanitas.” He growled, glaring at the teacher, causing him to flinch.
                “W-well, you two boys can take your seats at the back.”
                “Okay!” the cheerful brunette chimed, grabbing Vanitas’ arm, they’re probably twins. The angry looking teen narrowed his eyes, but allowed himself to be pulled along by the smaller boy. They took they’re seats directly behind him. Ventus’ brother sat to his left. Sora now sat behind him, with Vanitas to his right.
                “You shouldn’t be scaring the teacher already, Vani! And try to act friendly! We’re going to be staying at this school, so at least try to be nice to people!” Sora chided, a small laugh escaping his throat. Vanitas grunted in acknowledgement, though he seemed reluctant to follow his brother’s gentle orders. Ventus turned around, deciding to introduce himself to the two newbies.
                “Hey, I’m Ventus!” he whispered, offering the brunette a large smile along with his hand. Sora beamed, grasping his hand tightly and shaking it gently. Sora’s grip is firm, not at all sloppy like Ventus had expected.
                “I’m Sora! Though, you probably knew that, huh?” he laughed, taking a glance around the room as he let go of Ventus’ hand. “Is that your brother?”
                Ventus followed his gaze to Roxas, and nodded. “Yeah, my twin. His name is Roxas, and it seems… he’s falling asleep.” He narrowed his eyes, and picked up an eraser, chucking it at the blonde’s head. Roxas whipped his head around to face his twin, an angry look on his tired face.
                “What the hell, Ven!?” he whispered angrily, throwing the eraser back to him.
                “Don’t fall asleep, again. You’ll get a two hour detention if you do, and I’m not bailing you out this time!” Roxas huffed, puffing out his cheeks and turning to face the blackboard, and started to listen to whatever the teacher was on about.
                Ventus turned back to Sora, a thoughtful expression clouding his eyes. “Hey… why don’t you and your brother come hang out with me and Roxas during break? We can introduce you to our friends… although, I’m not sure if they’re all here today. A lot of them tend to skip.” Sora looked even happier – if that’s even possible – at the sound of Ventus’ offer.
                “That’d be awesome! Don’t you think so, Vani?”
                “Don’t call me that. And don’t go making decisions for me.” Vanitas glared at the smaller boy, who seemed to deflate a bit at his brother’s reaction. Vanitas sighed, pressing two fingers to his temple. “Yeah, sure, sounds great.” Seems he can’t say no to his brother. Ventus thought as he watched the two interact.
                “Really? Awesome!” Sora shouted, slamming his hands on his desk and standing up in his excitement.
                “Mr. Ashe and Mr. Maple, do you have anything you would like to share with the class?” Sora stuttered out a simple ‘no’ as Ventus shook his head, sinking into his seat further.
                Scribbling his number into his notebook, Ventus ripped the corner out and passed it to Sora. “Text me after second period, so we can find each other.” Sora nodded a confirmation as he took the note, quickly turning back to the teacher so we wouldn’t get yelled at again.