Chapter Thirteen - Extra

Blue Neighborhood

Chapter Thirteen

Unspoken

 

 

It was Late Summer, Taehyung remembered it clearly, when the teacher brought in a boy to introduce himself in front of the class.

 

“My Name is Choi Seungcheol, and this is my first time coming to the town, so please take care of me from now on”

 

To be honest, Seungcheol’s first impression wasn’t that good , he looked like typical rich and arrogant city boy with the pull up hairstyle. And it turned out the others also had the same impression since everyone seemed hesitant to make friend with the transfer student, Taehyung liked to observe his surrounding despite his carefree personality and he could easily notice how the new boy also hesitant to make an initiative. He didn’t like to meddle with other’s business, really, he would never do that, but he just couldn’t help to get involved because the new boy happened to be his new seatmate.

 

“So you come from the city?”

 

“Yeah, I’m Seungcheol, you are?” Seungcheol was the first one to offer a handshake, so Taehyung thought he wasn’t so bad after all. “Taehyung, Kim Taehyung”

 

It was really weird, because their personality just clicked. Taehyung being a carefree blunt boy that most people couldn’t handle and Seungcheol being his usual kind and surprisingly easygoing boy . It was suddenly Taehyung and Seungcheol from class A, like an inseparable twin who always caused troubles and having fun together. Seungcheol didn’t have that many close friends in here, so did him, Seungcheol told him he once met someone around his neighbourhood, Jeonghan, Taehyung remembered. At first it kind of made him curious since Seungcheol almost asked every new friend he had about this Jeonghan. But as they grew up, that name never came out of Seungcheol’s lips again, so Taehyung thought : Jeonghan actually wasn’t that special.

 

Two years, and finally they got into middle school. It was still Taehyung and Seungcheol. Still weird, but they eventually got used to it. If there were Taehyung, there would be Seungcheol too. Even when Taehyung finally realized that both of them started to grow into a different path, they’re still friends, no, they’re best friend. Seungcheol was always good in sports, he joined the basketball club and even track field. Taehyung himself, was never be the sporty type –to put it bluntly, not manly at all-. He preferred to lay around the house with magazine or remote tv after shool or even went shopping with his mother rather playing outdoor like normal boys his age would do. When everybody would cover flaws with lies, Taehyung never afraid to show them instead, he was not ashamed to be his four-dimensional self who liked cute things and liked to make jokes and sarcastic remarks. If people didn’t like him then let them be. He’s just never been the usual type anyway.

 

Never.

 

As they grew up, one thing that always got on Taehyung’s nerves about Seungcheol was how stubborn he could be. Sure, he was smart- Taehyung still even smarter actually- but he could be really dumb sometimes. Taehyung remembered, when Seungcheol almost got them into a fight with high school kids. Bullying always been a part of teenager’s problems, but he considered it as something both parties’ faults and problem; the bullies and the bullied. But Seungcheol didn’t think the same.

 

“I will do the same if that’s you, and if that’s me, i also wish someone will do the same”

 

If Seungcheol did have the same thought and if that beaten up boy was him, would he really want Seungcheol to help him? Yeah, he would beg for someone to save him.

It sounded stupid he couldn’t believe –he suggested it him self-, Taehyung offered to be a bait. It was stupid, really stupid, because finally Taehyung realized he could not run fast when the bullies started to chase after him.

But something, a warm feeling inside his chest started to spread through his veins and he ran faster, away from the crowds, away from everyone. He never knew, doing something that could risk his life would be this fun. Seungcheol had taught him one thing that day; It’s always worth it to risk your life to save someone else’s.

Taehyung finally saw Seungcheol on a different light, a best friend he would always cherished in his whole life. They shared many things in common-surprisingly-, Seungcheol always there beside him, and Taehyung also promised to do the same, accepting each other’s flaws like brothers and went through many things together; be it good thing or bad thing-such as watching -.

 

So when he fell in love with the most beautiful girl in the school, it just never crossed his mind to be any different from his unusual-self. One thing he never noticed, not everybody can accept his unusual-self just like Seungcheol did. Not until it was suddenly Seungcheol and Tzuyu,

 

the girl he fell in love with, his first love.

 

He never noticed it either that Seungcheol was growing into a very attractive boy, he grew taller from anybody else around their age and he was suddenly third in the class.

Seungcheol was just perfect in any ways Taehyung would never be. Ever. Taehyung understood, and so he acted like his usual goofy self, pretended to be Seungcheol’s flirtatious betfriend who have a crush on the most beautiful girl in the school.

There was jealousy, but what was for? It wouldn’t change the fact that Tzuyu liked Seungcheol.

 

It was actually a joke, when he asked Seungcheol’s feeling of Tzuyu, but he answered “I don’t think i have that kind of feeling” he felt hopeful all of a sudden.

Seungcheol didn’t have anything for the pretty girl, he still had a chance even though he knew Tzuyu was still not giving up on Seungcheol.

Or so he thought.

 

“Taehyung, do you know about JH?”

 

He was happy, really happy when suddenly Tzuyu asked for his number. But it turned out he got his hopes high for nothing. It’s still about Seungcheol. “Why? Are you jealous?” Tzuyu’s flustered voice from another line was so cute, Taehyung swore he almost faint. But nothing he could do, He had to refrain himself harder for showing his feelings for Tzuyu.

 

JH.

 

Taehyung guessed it was that Jeonghan. He was waiting for an explanation about JH, but if Seungcheol didn’t want to tell him first, then he won’t ask. It would only fair if Seungcheol had his own secret because he had his too. A secret that actually , he really was falling in love with Tzuyu.

 

Words could never describe the feeling he felt that day, when all the feelings he had for Tzuyu jumped out the window . Tzuyu told him that she loved Seungcheol, and going to confess. Of course, Taehyung knew, but hearing it from her beautiful lips just so damn painful. Taehyung cursed Seungcheol, he wanted to hate and abandon Seungcheol on his important match, and stopped this best friend game. But he still came, he sat quietly on the first floor bleacher. He smiled bitterly, Seungcheol was still his best friend, they had promised to be best friend no matter what happened. Taehyung was still Taehyung; when Seungcheol got injured, he couldn’t feel his heart beating. Too much guilt because the thought of hating Seungcheol,the thought of wishing Seungcheol to lose his game and disappoint everybody. But Seungcheol was trying hard, his best friend, the stubborn Seungcheol who was dumbly smiling with the blood running from his head. If Seungcheol died before he could even apologize , Taehyung swore he would pulled Seungcheol out of his grave.

 

He’s glad, Seungcheol was okay and he didn’t have to pull seungcheol out of his grave to tell he’s sorry. Another thing Seungcheol taught him; don’t give up trying. Seungcheol once again became a hero, Taehyung didn’t realize that he was crying over his best friend.

 

He was going to punch that handsome face of his best friend as an apology, but what he saw was a punch to himself.

 

Seungcheol and Tzuyu were kissing.

 

He thought he was okay, because he could calmly left the scene. But as he got into one of the cubicles of the bathroom, he rested his forehead on his drawn-up knees and didn’t move for a long time.

He learnt a few things in that time. One: you don’t just fall out of love with someone even if they go out of their way to hurt you. Two: the amount of tears a well-cared-for human body can leak is probably close to infinite. Three:it is never, ever going to be safe for him to fall in love.

 

Taehyung would title himself a bad actor, but he knew he’s good at lying. And that’s what exactly what he did to cover his bleeding wound. He started to date with different girls every weeks. Seungcheol was still being a kind best friend who worried about his sudden change, but Taehyung always managed to cover it up with lies and excuses.

Their times were lessening since Seungcheol was officially dating Tzuyu now. Taehyung was glad, he didn’t have to be involved with their romance at least.

 

He eventually got used to the fact that his best friend is dating his first love.

He was tired of trying to hate himself, and he didn’t want to risk the friendship between him and Seungcheol.

Half a year was definitely not a short amount of time, but Taehyung tried is best to be a fool.

 

Until it’s finally High School, he was so damn sure to create a new heart fluttering love story even he went to dye his hair in red to represent his flaming spirit.

“Where’s that damn Seungcheol?”

He was looking around the hallway but Seungcheol was nowhere to find, he decided to go searching his own class. It was expected that everybody will look at him as if he was entering the wrong class; as if he doesn’t belong there –well, his appearance didn’t resemble an intellect at all-, but Taehyung doesn’t give a . He steps into the room with much confident.  “Hey! I’m Taehyung,let’s get along” the other students just nodded.

 

Tsk, no fun.

 

Too bad he and Seungcheol couldn’t get into the same program since Seungcheol was determined to be an athlete and he, just basically has his brain. It would be really boring.

 

Until he came in, everybody was quiet. All of them were looking at the entrance where a long haired blond entered the class. He was taken aback at the reaction as he just bowed to his new classmates. Such a beauty.

He was looking around to find a seat, and their eyes met, probably he’s feeling relieved that he found someone who was even weirder looking than his long blond. “Can i sit here?”

Taehyung blinked. “Sure!I’m Taehyung by the way and you?”

 

The blond took a seat, “Jeonghan, Yoon Jeonghan”

 

Taehyung wasn’t stupid, as soon as Jeonghan said he also came from the same town as him, Taehyung immediately remembered. “Woah, my house is around your school!i can’t believe we never cross path, but suddenly we’re seatmate.destiny huh?”

 

Yoon Jeonghan was taken a back at the statement, he might thought taehyung knew him. But Taehyung still played it dumb. Jeonghan pretty much quiet after that, but he tried to answer Taehyung’s irrelevant question nicely.

He was getting more suspicious as suddenly Seungcheol texted him. And so, he tried to make a bait. “Come with me, Jeonghan. I’ll introduce you to my bastard bestfriend, Seungcheol” Jeonghan’s face turned pale for a second but he smiled. Taehyung didn’t miss the sight of that expression.

 

“Yo, meet my new best friend, Yoon Jeonghan”

 

Beyond Taehyung’s expectation, Jeonghan maintained a  calm composure, he played along with Taehyung’s game. “Yoon Jeonghan, Seungcheol, right?”

In the other hand, Seungcheol was as white as a sheet, as if he saw a ghost, as if Jeonghan was his ghost.

 

“Nice to meet you”

 

Jeonghan smiled again, “Yeah, nice to meet you too” Seungcheol finally replied.

 

Taehyung wasn’t dumb to see, Seungcheol’s face said it all, that Yoon Jeonghan is Seungcheol’s Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol still hasn’t say a thing about Jeonghan. And Jeonghan also acted like they were really stranger that just met. Taehyung was getting tired of the secret game, but he respected his bestfriend, if Seungcheol didn’t want to tell him yet, taehyung could wait and play along.

 

 

~~~

It’s actually not really a chapter,

more like a flashback segment of Taehyung’s pov

for you who is still wondering about does Taehyung remember about Jeonghan,

here it is,

 

I love Taehyung so much in this story...i just love him.

For those who had been or still in Taehyung’s position (i'm talking about my bestfriend too who just got a broken heart , it's such a scary coincident that i wrote this chapter and it really happened to her -_-), i feel you,guys...it’s never easy to accept the harsh reality about one sided love. One thing i want to deliver in this chapter is ; realize it’s not you, it’s the situation. We’re so quick to find our flaws and blame them as the sole cause of not being loved back, We get down on our personality,our weird quirks and habit,our look,  that actually make us beautifully us..and it’s just ...sad.

I guess that’s why i love Taehyung, he knows perfectly the pain, but he embrace it, he knows it’s the situation.

i was going to make the storyline of Seungcheol-Tzuyu-Taehyung at first (minus Jeonghan) but changed my mind and make it a Jeongcheol fanfic instead (that’s why it’s so damn awkward at first because it’s supposed to be a normal story LOL)

Let me know your thoughts about the updates hehe I’ll be back soon

 

With Love,

Deerchoding~

 

Oh My God, the story has 100 subribes O_O

Oh My...what- in the-

Wait,...am i seeing thing?