Chapter Nine

Imperfect Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Yong Hwa’s POV

 

I don’t get it. Things like if you love her, you need to let her go, and there are times when you need to act like that (Quoted from KDrama Emergency Couple). I know some people are believers, but I’m not one of those. When I love someone, I need to get that person, and strive to make her happy, and if it doesn’t work out, perhaps I need to join those believers by then. But I won’t leave her just because my mom says no. If I like her and she likes me back, why do we need to be separated? Why can’t we be together?

 

I stared at Shin Hye noona who was teaching Woo Bin. I liked the fact that my brother gets along with noona. I mean, who won’t like it when your two beloved ones get along well?

 

My thoughts blurred away when Shin Hye noona turned at me, and I looked away, though I know she caught me red-handed. For what? For staring at her for a long time.

 

“Why, Yong Hwa yah? Is there any problems you’d like to ask?” she said.

 

My mind went blank; she stared at me as if it was the most hurtful thing to do. And my heart was in pain, seeing this.

 

Can I… really have you? I thought.

 

“What?” she asked after some time, and Woo Bin laughed hard like there was no tomorrow.

 

I came back to my senses, and it seemed like I blurted out my thoughts. This is bad. I must have looked so embarrassing.

 

Park Shin Hye’s POV

 

“Can I… really have you?”

 

My heart stopped for moment, before I was able to get back to my senses and blurted, “What?”

 

Ignoring Woo Bin’s laugh, I asked again, “what… do you mean?”

 

“Um… Yeah, I mean, can I have your attention? I’ve got something to ask about this problem.” He replied before Woo Bin stopped laughing.

 

“Hyung, are you foolish or what?” Woo Bin said, “how can you joke around if you’re only about to ask about some maths question? If that was some random girl in school, she would have totally misunderstood!”

 

Yong Hwa didn’t bother that joke and just sbowed me the math question. But…

 

“I thought you were pretty good in trigonometry? And this is just a simple derivative?” I asked, confirming if he was really asking that question.

 

Woo Bin turned his focus to us, and asked unbelievingly, “hyung… you can’t possibly ask about that right? I thought your teacher said you mastered derivation already.”

 

He then added, “don’t tell me…. You mean it? When you say can I have you to Shin Hye noona?”

 

“Yah, Jung Woo Bin. Mind your own assignments.” Yong Hwa replied, and added, “I kind of forgot a bit about that, noona. But now I remember.”

 

Writer’s POV

 

The lesson finished shortly, and Woo Bin went upstairs for his favorite TV show. Shin Hye was packing her bag and was ready to leave, when Yong Hwa held her hand.

 

“What is it?” she asked.

 

“noona…” he said, seemed to be hesitating, “can we… give it a try?”

 

“I’ve said that to you. Think about it again. I thought you have your childhood friend in your heart? I just hate to be seen as somebody else, even if it’s just to reduce your longing for her. If you’re not yet sure, don’t…. come to me.”

 

“I want to see if my heart chooses you.” He said, “but how am I going to be sure if you won’t give me a chance?”

 

Shin Hye let out a long sigh, and bit her lower lip. She seemed undecided, and Yong Hwa let the silence grow.

 

“Okay.” She said, “let’s try going on a date.”

 

“date?”

 

“I’m not saying I’ll try accepting your heart, but I’ll try to help you, to confirm your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter