Chapter Four

Imperfect Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the third lesson with Shin Hye. Yong Hwa never intended to joke on her anymore. It’s not like he liked her. But he didn’t hate her. And she came in her hoodie, a UTS hoodie.

 

“What’s that? I thought you study in Running University?” Yong Hwa asked, not even giving her a glance.

 

Shin Hye looked at her hoodie and smiled proudly, “I went on a student exchange in UTS last semester.”

 

“Where’s that?”

 

“UTS. Don’t you know? It’s University of Technology Sydney. It’s in Sydney, Australia.”

 

With that, Yong Hwa became frozen, and the pencil lead he was writing with was broken. Seeing this, Shin Hye became silent and wondered if she had said anything wrong. She was about to say something, but Yong Hwa started, “the time is up. You can go back.”

 

He grabbed his book and was about to go upstairs, when Shin Hye said, “tomorrow’s your birthday party, right? I’m coming.”

 

Yong Hwa stopped his steps when he heard that, but continued without bothering her. As Yong Hwa was leaving, Mrs Jung came and said, “is it done? Thank you, Shin Hye yah. Don’t forget to come tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Yes, mam.” She replied with a smile.

 

And Woo Bin came into the scene with his backpack on, he just returned from school.

 

“You’re home, dear?” His mom said and Woo Bin smiled.

 

Shin Hye felt it was the time she leaves, “I’m leaving, mam. Woo Bin ssi.”

 

But Woo Bin held her arm, and told her, “careful on your way back home, noona. Last time at this round of hours, I saw a girl being bullied by a drunken man, but luckily she was able to protect herself,”

 

Shin Hye was then reminded of herself that night when she was bothered by a drunken man as well, and the thought of that was enough to make her scared.

 

“Ne. Thank you.” She said, and immediately left, without noticing a smile on Woo Bin’s face.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I’m home.” Shin Hye said as she entered her room. She has been living in dormitory of Running high, and her roommate was no other than her best friend, Jung Soo Jung.

 

“oh, you’re home?” Soo Jung replied, without diverting her focus from her laptop. She was doing her assignment.

 

Shin Hye lined up her shoes in the rack before making her way in. She was tired that day. And wasn’t able to think straight.

 

Soo Jung’s focus finally moved from her laptop to her roommate, and she said, “Shin Hye yah. Are you free tomorrow?”

 

“Eoh. I’m free on afternoon. Why?”

 

“Ji Hyo eonni asked me if I could come to Running high tomorrow.” Soo Jung replied.

 

“So sudden?”

 

“Sudden? Yah! It’s been a month since I haven’t seen her. Just come with me, okay? I won’t like to come alone!”

 

“Got it!” Shin Hye said before proceeding to bathroom for a quick shower.

 

Song Ji Hyo was like Soo Jung’s big sister when she was still teaching in Running University. Too bad she was allocated to be Running High’s principal a month ago. She was an amazing and inspiring woman and thus was selected to replace the late principal.

 

Should I come? she thought for the whole time she bathed. It’s not like she’s that close to Yong Hwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter