Chapter Five

Imperfect Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You… just smiled.” Shin Hye said, jaw dropped. Hearing that, Yong Hwa quickly hid his smile, returning to his cold self.

 

“I’m going.” Yong Hwa said as he got up. Before he could walk any further, Shin Hye called out, “Jung Yong Hwa!”

 

She hesitated a bit before saying, “Happy birthday.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shin Hye didn’t give much thought about her outfit that night. She wore a simple white dress. Not that kind of girly dress. Just a dress she would be comfortable in moving around. It was simple enough, simple enough to make her look elite and elegant. But wearing heels just wasn’t her style. However she forced herself to.

 

“Park Shin Hye ssi.” Mrs Jung called her as she saw Shin Hye coming into the pool. Yea, it was a pool party. Just inside Jung mansion. Big enough to celebrate Yong Hwa’s 17th birthday. It was really crowded by people holding glasses of wine and waiters and waitresses going here and there.

 

“Thank you for coming. Enjoy yourself.” Mrs Jung gave her a smile before leaving Shin Hye for another guest.

 

Shin Hye stumbled here and there thanks to the high heels. She thought they would make her look pretty, but her confidence crumbled as the heels doesn’t cooperate well with her. And she went to the garden where no one was around, to calm herself before the main event starts.

 

“I shouldn’t have worn these!” she said to herself.

 

“Why? Your heels broke?” A man’s voice was heard, and it was loud enough to startle her. She turned around to find Yong Hwa’s brother, Woo Bin there, looking astonishingly handsome, extra charismatic than ever.

 

“Who told you to wear cheap heels? Cheap things will only humiliate their owners.” He said while taking a seat on the chair there.

 

“Yah! Do you think I’m too poor to afford heels?”

 

“You are, aren’t you?” he said, “otherwise why would you be a tutor for hyung? For extra income right?”

 

“Yah! My dad can afford all my daily and university needs. It’s just that I want to make my own money. Just for savings.”

 

“Then if you’re not poor, why bother buying those cheap heels that break in the most crucial moment?”

 

“who said they broke?” Shin Hye replied, “They don’t. It’s just that…”

 

Shin Hye was too embarrassed to say that wearing heels are just not her. They simply don’t suit her. But saying those words is pretty hard. It’s not necessarily embarrassing, but she was afraid of being teased.

 

“What? You can’t wear heels?” Woo Bin asked. It was as if Woo Bin was reading her mind. He got that correct. Entirely.

 

“Eo.. Eoh,” she said, “I‘m not used to them.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter