Chapter 8

Dilemmas In Our Destiny

Hi guys, I am aware that this chapter is shorter than my other ones but it is like this becuase the plot is honestly going to start getting thicker from here on out and all your unanswered questions will be answered in the chapters after this. So yeah this is more like a linking chapter or a prepratory chapter, uhm I don't know what to call it. Oh and thank you so much guys we have hit 50 subscribers and I honestly couldn't be happier.

~

    “Hi,” Myungsoo had left him alone for the day so Sungyeol was the one to answer the door. After all, it was normal for people Sungyeol didn’t know who were Myungsoo’s friends to come over on his “alone” days. Little did he know they were all people hired by Myungsoo to take care of him in Woohyun’s absence.

“Hi I am Sungjong,” the boy said, his hand extended with the warmest of smiles. Something about it made Sungyeol tear up, and Sungjong couldn’t help but chuckle a little. “Hey honey, what’s wrong?” He stepped forward gently wiping away the others tears. “Do you know who I am?”

Sungyeol felt he should, so he racked his mind for an explanation but none made itself apparent. A soft voice tore him away from his turmoil, “Hey don’t tear yourself up, why don’t you come with me and I can tell you exactly who I am okay?” He received a glance of slight confusion. Sungyeol’s doe eyes still revealing every emotion to Sungjong as they had done before.

“I am Myungsoo’s friend, you can trust me,” Sungjong pulled out his black teddy bear watching Sungyeol’s lips slowly part to reveal teeth and then soft pink gums. Sungjong handed the other the bear and slowly led him away from the house, objective one accomplished, he thought to himself.

~

“Dongwoo, we are finally back,” Woohyun murmured, wanting the other to hear but at the same time wanting him to ignore it. There was nothing else after those words, just silence and unanswered questions. Woohyun shot a fleeting glance up at the older his interest in the floor suddenly multiplying tenfold.

   “Woohyun, the book changes nothing, not between you and me,” Dongwoo assured, moving to comfort the other boy in the way he usually did. Woohyun’s face smashed against his chest as he breathed in the herbal shampoo the doctor used. Woohyun just stayed there, trying to keep the tears that he hadn’t shed in years at bay, until he felt a slight wetness in his hair. And almost as if a dam had broken, Dongwoo was the one with his shirt soaked holding the boy as if he was scared time would steal him away, as if he was trying to press finger indents so deep in Woohyun’s skin that they would never leave, as if Dongwoo was trying to engrave his presence in Woohyun’s body if it didn’t last in his mind.

   “What if they leave us, I love you more than you could ever imagine but I need Sunggyu just as much as I need you, was telling them really the right thing to do?” Woohyun wasn’t normally one to doubt himself, he was never one allowed to show his fear, but for some bizarre reason, his voice came out raw with a mix of both.

   “We just have to trust, Woohyun, trust and things will work out,” with that Woohyun let out a slight nod, the clothes pressed against his face as well as the firm chest underneath pulling away. “Now let’s get ready, we promised that we would be at Kim Myungsoo’s house to show them Sunggyu, Howon, and Myungsoo the dairy,” Dongwoo urged, trying to distract the other from the nerves they were both feeling.

~

   “Howon did Dongwoo give you a really weird call?” Sunggyu tried to keep his worry at bay, Howon will help, he preached to himself in feeble reassurance.

   “I am scared, Dongwoo kept telling me that he would love me forever, Sunggyu our relationship was so strained with me trying to keep a proposal a secret and now with this question I am so scared about what this means, what kind of a mess he could be in,” Howon confessed and the indirectly given blow left Sunggyu reeling. He had always depended on Howon to make light of a situation that he felt was serious with sarcastic humor, but to not feel that comfort left Sunggyu lost.

   Howon knew that something was wrong to see tears leaving Sunggyu. “Woo-o-hyu-un,” the older managed out a broken sob. The rest of the time was spent as Howon tried desperately to calm down Sunngyu, intertwining their fingers while his other hand found its purchase in soft locks of hair. A delicate melody filled the air, as Howon sang in a voice with a power that was so raw it was soothing. Though like all joyful times, the moment came to an end as the clock announced that they would be meeting with their life partners ar Myungsoo’s house. Yet, not even Howon could have been ready for the sight that beheld them when they arrived, Woohyun immediately rushing to Myungsoo’s aid.