Chapter 10

Dilemmas In Our Destiny

Honestly I have given up on figuring out what is wrong with my format. I think it has something to do with my editing software, but oh well. Alright so hopefully this update will help clarify things. Also, this is my first time doing first person writing so tell me if you guys liked it or not. Sorry about the one day late update.

~

Sungjong sat down letting his thoughts consume him, Sungyeol lying down on his lap. The silence was comfortable but there was an odd feeling to it as if it was itching to be broken not because of awkwardness but because of all the unanswered questions. “How does Jong know Soo?” Sungyeol’s question came out loud, on the brink of deafening even, after the silence that came before it. Sungjong’s mouth opened and after a few seconds slowly shut and they fell into another silence, yet this one Sungyeol felt like he shouldn’t break sensing that Sungjong wasn’t with him fully.
    ~Sungjong’s P.O.V~
    “How does Jong know Soo?” buried in my thoughts I couldn’t find out who asked me, but it was enough to divert my thoughts completely. 
    “Are you an idiot, Sungyeol could have been seriously hurt,” I could hear Myungsoo’s anger in his tone, but the glare he was shooting at me made it apparent enough how he felt.
    “You spend all your ing time with him, I love Sungyeol too but I am your boyfriend I need attention too,” I regretted it the moment I said it but it was too late to take anything back.
    “If you needed attention you should have confronted me about it, not tell Sungyeol. You don’t know how he could have processed it did you not think of the consequences at all? Or are you just that selfish that you wanted my time even if you broke him?” Myungsoo snapped back and that did it, if he was going to throw around accusations then so was I.
    “Well, you know what, some could wonder who the selfish one is,” I bit back. I knew I should stop this fight would go nowhere but at this point, I was to done with Myungsoo to care about the consequences.
    “What do you mean?” his tone was untrusting, his posture stiff, as if warning me not to say what we both knew was on the tip of my tongue but it was too late.
    “We both know what I mean. You have anger issues, you beat up Sungyeol severely and yet you still keep him by your side. You act like you love him the most in the world even though you only run away every time you hurt him. You never clean up the mess you make of him, no, the person who does that is always me and yet you claim that I am selfish and I don’t love him. In reality you, Kim Myungsoo, you are the selfish one. You are the one who lies that you love me because you are too guilty to admit you hurt the one you actually love. You are the selfish coward...” the echo off skin against skin was heard in the room, my cheek probably stained a bright shade of red and pulsating with pain.
    “You say I love Sungyeol but you still love me. What does that make you, you ing ? I can’t believe I ever dated a like you,” with that Myungsoo left, tears b in my eyes more because of the hurtful words than my stinging cheek. I dropped to my knees, I mean what was the point in doing anything else. I remembered our first kiss, and it was sweet. Myungsoo was always too careful back then, I thought it was only because he didn’t want to break any of my boundaries but now, now I know it was because he didn’t want anyone seeing. After all, how could he ever love me when all he ever knew was Sungyeol. He was just too good an actor for me to notice before, and now that I know it’s no surprise how quickly our relationship crumbled. Soon I found myself in someone’s arms, the same person who I was accused of endangering. I managed out a broken ‘thanks, Sungyeol’, and though he probably could never understand it was a thanks not just for that moment, but a thanks for picking me up every time Myungsoo broke me and putting me back together just as I did for him.

~End Of Sungjong’s P.O.V~
    Sungyeol felt a slight boredom eating away at him, wanting to do something but not knowing exactly what to do, and that’s when he got the answer to the question he had forgotten he asked. “We loved,” Sungjong’s voice was a mere whisper, but then as if it felt right he opened his mouth and yelled more to the room than to Sungyeol, “Kim Myungsoo and I loved!”
~
    The pictures dropped out of Sunggyu’s hands, that can’t be right, he thought to himself. He looked around the room, his eyes finally locking with Woohyun’s only to be greeted by the same somber look he would give anything to not be seeing. Dongwoo stood by Woohyun’s side, and Sunggyu felt a fear that he never wanted to feel. “I know it’s hard to believe us,” Dongwoo started but stopped at the glance Howon shot him. 
    “Why the didn’t you tell us sooner, we…” Howon’s voice broke but he continued, “we need time. We need to figure out how things are going to be from now on.” Sunggyu felt Howon’s grip on his wrist as the question was asked. Howon’s eyes met Sunggyu’s and there was a certain fear in them, a fear that made the older lace their fingers together and gave the younger’s hand a tight squeeze. They were in this together. However, this decision didn’t go unnoticed by Woohyun and Dongwoo, who felt no regret about letting their better halves know but felt the terror of losing aforementioned life partners rooting deep in their hearts. 
    “We need to talk about this in private,” Sunggyu informed, and with that Dongwoo and Woohyun were left alone in the room, a tired Myungsoo asleep on the bed. 
    “Do you think that maybe…” Dongwoo trailed off, a life without Howon, it felt weird to think about it. That weird numbness that came with it something like the numbness that came when a person was too hurt to hurt anymore, but maybe with time and Woohyun’s help he could live with it.
    “Give them their time, we took ours. I can’t believe it took us two whole days to read that diary, though, I never knew it was possible for someone to write that much.” Woohyun assured half-heartedly. The wait in silence was too much after that and so Woohyun decided to redress Myungsoo’s wounds, Dongwoo by his side helping him patch up Myungsoo’s once flawless hands, and somehow as they worked they were burying the only question that could rob them of their hard-earned comfort. Somehow by working and hushed small talk so as to not wake up Myungsoo, they managed to completely avoid the topic of what they would do if Sunggyu and Howon didn’t remember. To avoid the nagging question of just how much they might become like Lee Sungjong if they were to lose their everything, but at least, at least, they would have each other until the end.