Chapter 12

Dilemmas In Our Destiny

Hi guys, this is the update for this week. Thanks to all 64 of my subscribers both old and new for subscribing. I definetly did not accept so much support. Also, for all the people who normally comment on my chapters who didn't this time for whatever reason you had I missed reading and responding to your comments. So It breaks my heart a little to say this but I feel like this story is coming to an end. I am envisioning a one chapter wrap up and then an extra four chapters for an epilogue for each couple and Sungjong. Do you guys want an epilogue sort of thing? Let me know if you don't in the comments. Anyways that is really all I have to say thank you for reading guys.

~

“You can’t do anything Sungjong, just give up. We can’t hurt the Kim’s, you can’t hurt the Kim’s and you know it. You want to live in this perfect world of yours in which you can avenge everything that went wrong in your life and move on but you can’t. That perfect world of yours is unattainable,” Dongjun knew people were staring, Dongjun knew he was breaking something inside Sungjong, but honestly he was past the point of caring.
    “What do you mean Dongjun, I thought you supported me,” Sungjong’s voice sounded broken. Dongjun knew that it was an act, though, a way to get him to feel guilty and  broken.
    “I do care, goddamnit Sungjong, I ing love you. But, this is pointless. They are too powerful, they can use money to cover up any secret you reveal. They had enough money to hire people and hypnotize your friends into forgetting about each other, about you. If Myungsoo hadn’t kept you a secret from them because of your relationship with him, you wouldn’t remember either,” Dongjun knew it was too harsh, but after years of being pushed aside, he was done with being the patient one.
    “Dongjun… you know I,” Sungjong was cut off, the animosity in the others eyes foreign and intimidating. 
    “I don’t need your excuses. Just know that you are doing exactly what Myungsoo did to you to me. You are using me to replace him like he used you to forget Sungyeol,” with that Dongjun left Sungjong still trapped in his game of unrequited love and fruitless hope.
~
    Myungsoo clutched onto L’s leash, the puppy frolicking in front of him, Sungyeol used to be the one who held the leash. The memory of the taller male exclaiming something in front of him as the puppy sniffed at the bushes on the side of the pathway. It should have been enough to bring him to tears, but without Sungyeol, he couldn’t feel anything, not even the sadness. His phone rang then.
    “Kim Myungsoo, speaking,” on the other side he heard shuffling as if the phone were being exchanged between people. He heard an intake of breath and somewhere in the background a voice urged whoever was on the other end to speak.
    “Soo?” the voice came out doubting but it was enough to take his breath away and leave him frozen in the middle of the sidewalk with his mouth agape. “Soo?” and maybe it was the way it came out with a slight quiver or the undying hope in it that Myungsoo had missed so damn much, but he found his own vision blurring as he answered.
    “Sungyeol,” it sounded breathy and weak to his own ears, but apparently it was enough to evoke a sob of relief.
    “Soo, Sungyeol miss Soo. Sungyeol be good, promise. Sungyeol let you hit him more and let you do that wet lip tongue thing, promise. Come back Soo, please,” Myungsoo bit his lip to keep the tears in his eyes from falling, Sungyeol’s voice giving him the strength to speak.
    “Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Who took you? Why did they take you? Have you been eating? Do you drink enough wat-“ Myungsoo’s questioning was stopped by a pained yelp from his Sungyeol. 
    “Give it back, give it back,” Sungyeol’s yelling was heard in the background until there was a bang and Sungyeol’s voice could no longer be heard.
    “Sungyeol! Sungyeol!” Myungsoo didn’t know what was going on but he was definitely not thinking clearly as he yelled the name into his phone.
    “Oh just shut up already, you are going to make me go deaf Kim Myungsoo,” the voice that answered was annoyed and something about it sounded a bit feminine but it was also a bit masculine as well. 
    “Who are you?” Myungsoo demanded the information as if he had all the power in this situation.
    “I am not stupid enough to give you that information,” the voice replied. L sensing that something was wrong with his owner hurried back to Myungsoo’s side like all puppies tended to do.
    “What do you want from me then?” Myungsoo’s voice came out small, all of his confidence knocked out of him.
    “I want Sungyeol, give him to me won’t you?” there was a mirthful quality to the other’s voice and Myungsoo didn’t know how to respond. Was it a joke? It could have been but he didn’t want to take a risk making that assumption.
    “I can’t give you that, I need Sungyeol. He is mine,” Myungsoo couldn’t cut off the slight growl that edged his voice but thankfully it went unnoticed.
    “Such a shame, I figured you would answer this way, so how about this. You keep your mouth shut and don’t get the police involved, because I know you haven't yet since this issue getting into the press could be a problem for your career, and you will find your lover at the park about five miles away from your house tomorrow evening at six,” Myungsoo knew that there was no room for negotiation and the droning of the ended phone call was all that was left for him to listen to. 
    ~
    Woohyun smiled as he saw Dongwoo and Howon share a quick kiss thinking that no one was watching. Things were okay between them and he couldn’t be happier. He also noticed joy light up Dongwoo’s eyes as he spotted Sunggyu’s arm, which was around Woohyun’s waist. 
    “So from now on how are things going to be?” Sunggyu being the oblivious idiot he was just had to ask. Receiving a sarcastic gesture from Howon, a slight scoff of disbelief from Dongwoo, and a knowing smile from Woohyun.
    “It means things are going to be the same as before,” Woohyun said, and to his relief the other two agreed with his answer. 
~
    Sungjong stared at the phone with which he had just ended the call with Myungsoo. He then walked back to the room where he had shut Sungyeol in after Sungyeol had talked to Myungsoo for those few brief seconds. After taking a quick breath to compose himself, he walked in, Sungyeol in tears again. Sungjong stepped closer to the other male, reaching out to wipe Sungyeol’s tears. Sungyeol only flinched at the contact, doe eyes filled with fear. 
    “Don’t look at me like that Sungyeol, Myungsoo isn’t the only one who needs you,” Sungjong stated, feeling his heart break even more when Sungyeol pushed his hand away. “I know you want to see him, so how about this? You sleep with me and spend tomorrow together with me like before and tomorrow night I’ll take you back to Myungsoo.” Sungyeol smiled at that and silently got up, dragging Sungjong into bed with him before wrapping his arms around the shorter. After Sungyeol had fallen asleep that was when Sungjong let out his tears, staying silent as to not wake up Sungyeol.
    “I want to go back to when you needed me. I want to go back to when I was almost as big of a part of your life as Myungsoo was. Why did the Kim’s have to hide away all your memories using hypnosis. You, Myungsoo, Howon, Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Sunggyu, the six of you were my everything. Why is it that God made me the only one trapped in the torturous memories of our past while you all forgot? I am not even allowed revenge against the people who took you away why? Why is the world so unfair?” Sungjong was sobbing by the end and he knew by the comforting he felt in his hair, Sungyeol was no longer sleeping.