Dangerous Deal

Guilty and Chained

 

As a knock on the door of the Hwang Household was heard by Hyun Ae, she rushed to open it. There, she welcomed her son and Sooyoung in a big embrace. She practically dragged them, well, just Sooyoung to be precise, inside much to her excitement temporarily forgetting her own son. Chansung just chuckled at his mother.


“You two are just in time, I just finished cooking.”Hyun Ae informed them. Knowing that his mother’s attention will not be turned to him any time soon, Chansung excused himself saying he would go upstairs to his room and get a change of fresh clothes.


“Eomma, I’ll be right back. Just gonna go and have a change of clothes.” Hyun Ae turned to his direction and nodded. “Please do so, Chansung-ah. I don’t want that Soo here would have a bad impression on you.”


After Chansung left, Hyun Ae guided Sooyoung towards the dining room. The smell of the food had enveloped the entire place and Sooyoung could just smile.  Sooyoung took a glimpse of the house and felt that it was a bit silent.


“Your house...it’s a bit quiet. Don’t you think, Eomoni?” Sooyoung asked as they sat down in front of a huge glass oval table.


“I do sometimes and maybe that’s why I invited you, you know to have someone to talk to.” Hyun Ae said.



As Hyun Ae suggested, Sooyoung decided to have dinner at the Hwang’s house that night. Like Chansung, she was also feeling uneasy with their sudden meeting. It’s not that she is scared of meeting him; she was just not expecting that they will meet again in this way.


She knew that Chansung is not some ordinary guy, and that there is something inside him that she was looking for their “man for the job”. However, she wasn’t sure if Chansung will accept her offers, knowing that he is a cop that hates her kind.

 

“So Sooyoung, what do you do for a living?” Hyun Ae asked as she passed the salad bowl over to Sooyoung. Sooyoung looked at Chansung before she answered cheerfully, “I’m a preschool teacher but I volunteer at the orphanage whenever I’m free.”


“You like kids huh?” Chansung asked bluntly. He’s not buying whatever act Sooyoung is pulling.

Sooyoung smiled and nodded. “Yes, I like kids. How about you? What kind of things do you like?” She asked.


“Well, sweetheart, you see my son is currently a police officer.” Hyun Ae proudly said. Chansung lightly shook his head.


“A police officer? That’s a wonderful job.” Sooyoung complimented. As she glanced at Chansung to watch his reaction, she met an intense glare.


Hyun Ae, on the other hand, was oblivious to the growing tension between the other two so she casually asked them if they want any dessert.


Sooyoung looked at her watch. It’s already nine and before she knew it, it was time to go. “I’m sorry Mrs. Hwang, I need to go.” She said as she wiped her face with the table napkin.


“You’re leaving already? Well, if you want, I could wrap the dessert for you. And one thing, there you go calling me Mrs. Hwang again, sweetie.” Mrs. Hwang said and smiled as she stood up.


“Oh, sorry about that, Eommoni. Guess I’ll have to get used to it sooner and no, thank you. It’s fine. It’s just I still have things to do.” Sooyoung replied. Chansung just watched her, thinking about how well she acts. And my mom even asked her to call her Eommoni. Hmph.


“Is that so? Well, Chansung could you send her home?” Hyun Ae turned to Chansung. Chansung pointed to himself.


“Me?” He asked. Then, he turned to Sooyoung. “Okay,” he replied as he stood up.Sooyoung wanted to refuse but Hyun Ae insisted that it’s already dark outside and it’s dangerous.


As soon as they were out of the house, Chansung let out a bitter laugh. “I can’t believe this. You’re really good at acting.”


“What acting?” Sooyoung replied innocently. This is what she is scared of—people knowing her secret.


“Please, Ms. Choi, I know you’re in a disguise.” Chansung said as he tucked his hands inside his pockets.


“Shh.” Sooyoung said as she covered Chansung’s mouth with her hand. “This is supposed to be a secret. Please keep it.”


“Why? Are you afraid that I’ll break any operations you’re in?” Chansung asked as he removed her hand from his mouth. He was shocked how cold and soft her hand is.


“No, I’m afraid that…I’m afraid…Nevermind.” Sooyoung looked at her hands and rubbed it together.


Chansung smirked. “Okay, I’ll keep it. Just stay away from my family and from me.” Sooyoung looked up upon hearing his words.


“Sorry, I can’t. Today, I just realized we’re not just enemies but in fact, childhood friends.” Sooyoung smiled. Actually, she tried thinking of an alibi to her plans, hoping that Chansung will buy it.


“I wish you could see how fake your smile is.”Chansung mentioned. Sooyoung sighed. She was frustrated. For the first time, she doesn’t know what to say to convince someone.


She bit her lip before saying, “I want you—.” Her words were cut off when Chansung talked suddenly. “I want you to help me.” They looked at each other for a while. Both were confused until Chansung spoke again. “I don’t know who am I dealing with but I know you’re the one who could help me.”


Sooyoung noticed the sudden softness and if she was not mistaken, pleading, in his voice. From the first time she met him, his voice was always full of courage and strength. Now, it was like a child asking for an ice cream.


“SO Mr. Officer is asking me for help? How interesting. Okay then, how may I help you, sir?” Playfulness was etched in her voice although she was serious. Her eyes glued on his perfectly trimmed sideburns upon asking him.


He rolled his eyes as he heard her sarcastic statement but he can’t play now with anyone. “I don’t know what will happen to me if I ask this but the files you gave to me the other night, do you know all of them?” He asked. He remembered the faces written on those papers. One stands out in particular.


“Yes, but I don’t focus my attention on every one of them. Why do you ask? Are you looking for someone?” She asked back. No one knows where this conversation was heading to but both of them know that they want something from each other.


“Honestly, I’m looking for this particular group. By any chance, do you know TRS - The Red Sin?” He asked, turning his body to face her. His eyes were now filled with seriousness. As he mentioned the name of that specific gang, the blood, starting from the tips of his fingernails to his entire body began to boil from anger. Sooyoung looked at his eyes and saw that he was dead serious. She didn’t know he could be more serious than he already is but what really caught her attention is the name of the gang. What did they do to him and he’s now looking for them?


“Yes, I know them very well.” She proudly said. “I know them more than they know themselves.” The sternness of her voice was firmer that it was the same when she was defending her gang when Chansung said something bad about them.


“I want to…destroy them.” Chansung spoke, his hands curling up into a ball. Sooyoung smiled, knowing that her plans are getting easier.


“I guess we want the same thing, Mr. Hwang.” Sooyoung said happily.


“I want you to help me destroy them.” He pleaded. Anger was seen burning like fire on his eyes.


“This is going to be easier than I thought. You’re lucky, Mr. Hwang. We’re on the same track but I want you to know that my aid has its own consequence.” Sooyoung warned, her hands were getting colder.


“And what might that be?” He questioned.


“You will allow us to use you.” She raised an eyebrow.


“Use me? As a bait?” He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.


Sooyoung waved her finger. “Uh-uh. We’ll use you as someone that will destroy them.”


He stared at her for a while. For a moment, he was thinking about what was going on her head. “I don’t get  it. Nevertheless, I should say that from now on it’s a deal.”


“Soon you’ll understand me and why of course, it’s a deal! There is no backing out now, Mr. Hwang.” She smiled as she extended her hand to him as a sign that the deal was now sealed.


Both of them made a deal with each other. Each of them started risking their life for the sole purpose of destroying T.R.S. They are different people with the same ambition. For the sake of their own satisfaction, they’re setting aside their prides to work as one and not enemies.


“Don’t mess with me, Choi.” He stated.


“Don’t worry I won’t. I’m someone who always keep her promises. The enemy of your enemy is your friend is what they say... Chansung-ssi.” She smirked and then winked playfully.

 

-----

 

[A/N(JunHyo): I'm very sorry for this late update and if it didn't suit your taste. Loveisyam and I are kinda busy as of late and we hardly get to be online on the same time. Don't worry, we will not abandon this fic and I'll write more often whenever my schedule permits.]

 

[A/N(loveisyam): I'm so sorry for not updating. We are just both too busy with school and the time difference isn't helping too. Don't worry I'll write more often. :D]