Fates Sealed

Guilty and Chained

 

The police headquarters received an information this morning that there would be an illegal trading of drugs tonight, here at some warehouses by the docks. And here we were on stake out.


The sound of rushing feet vanished as soon as my commander ordered us to split up. Junho, Junsu and Taecyeon took over the left wing while the others went to the right. I went north-I had a feeling I will find something there. A couple of policemen had mentioned that these warehouses were being used by several gangs. I was just looking for one.


I held my gun close to my face as I glanced over to my sides. I noticed that no one came with me, great. Aside from the brightly-lit full moon above me, there was no other source of light around. I continued walking, surveying this vast area of isolated steel structures. I kicked a couple of doors but they were empty. Where did all these people go? I was loosing my hope when I heard some huge footsteps. They’re here.


“Look who’s here, one of those stupid cops again.” A husky voice spoke. I smirked as my dreams had been granted by the God above. A silhouette, bigger than mine, covered my source of light so I turned around, gun was facing the figure in front of me.


“Hang on, young man. This is not the right way of treating your friends.” The guy said, crossing his arms over his chest. “Friends?” Tch. I snorted.


“Hey, how about we bring this little friend of ours to Ms. Choi?” A smaller guy spoke as he glanced at me from head to toe. “I am sure she will be happy.”


“Yes, that’s a nice idea.” The bigger one said as he gave the other one a pat on the back. I kept my gun of its position but they just continued walking closer to me.


“He has such a gorgeous face.” The smaller guy said as he stared at me for a while. Is he gay or what? This isn’t the time to be thinking about that. I scolded myself.


As I was getting ready to pull the trigger, I didn’t notice that the two of them had another accomplice behind my back. That person hit my head and before I knew it, darkness overcame me.


It wasn’t a hard hit; just enough to let me lose my consciousness. When I woke up, I found myself in a somewhat office-kind of room but it was dim-lit so it was kind of hard to see. Upon trying to stand and move from where I was seated, I found out I couldn’t. That was when it sank into me. My hands and feet were tied. “Damn it!” I cursed under my breath.


I blinked a couple of times as my vision adjusted to my surroundings. There were guys surrounding me and they were all staring at me with eyes as if I was a feast. I stared back at each of them, trying to tell they should be scared by now but instead they just smiled maniacally at me.


“He’s so handsome. I bet Ms. Choi will reward us for this.” The small guy from earlier nudged his seatmate who was busy reading a sports magazine.


Just when I thought they would kill me, a sound of engine died a few meters away. The gangsters hurried to their feet and I could hear them saying, “The master’s here! Hurry and fall in your places!”



The  steel doors creaked open. I peered at the slender figure walking in. Her red heels were clanking as it hit the cemented floor. She was wearing a black tank top which she covered with a black leather jacket. Her skinny jeans fit her long legs perfectly. Her sausage-curled hair flung over to her shoulders. “Babo-yah! This is not the right time to be awe-stricken by her beauty!” I mentally scolded myself again for the umpteenth time that day.


“Hey boys,” the female spoke as he waved to the guys who were staring at her with their dreamy eyes.  She threw the car keys over to the table in the corner.


Then her attention landed on me. “Oh~ What do we have here?” She asked as she walked closer to me. Her face was just inches away from mine when she chuckled. “A cop huh?”


The guys nodded happily. “We found him a while ago. The cops were looking for gangs again.” One of them said.


“My beloved cops are still searching for us huh? Little did they know, we’re different.” The lady said as she took a seat on the corner.


“What brings you here, mister?” She glanced at me as she poured herself a glass of wine that she took out from a  mini fridge on the side.


“I’m here to stop this illegal business of yours.” I said confidently. I tried moving my arms but they were so tightly wrapped.


“Illegal business? I see...I guess every cop thinks that all gangs are involved in these kinds of businesses but I’m sorry to burst your bubble, mister; we’re different.” She said as she drank from her glass.


“Hah! All gangs are the same. They just bring trouble to citizens; taking away their lives when they didn’t even do anything wrong. They have nothing to do in life.” I said through gritted teeth. My feelings started to get the best of me.


Her expression changed to a furious one. I think I made her mad. “Well in that case, all cops like you are stupid, stupid enough to think that we all just meant harm. Well, tell you what, honestly, I think none of us has the right to say those words to each other. I don’t know you and you don’t know me.” She rested her chin on the back of her hands which was placed on top of her wooden table.


“So shut up, boy.” She said as she dropped her hands to the side. “Wait, that sounded just like a line from a song... What was its title again? Think hard. Aha! That was it, Bad Girl Good Girl!” I tried to hold my laugh but it was futile so I ended up laughing a bit. She looked at me, her expression was more furious than before. “You just ruined our perfect meeting, mister. I was about to accommodate you to a lovely dinner but you just insulted my group.” She hissed and stood up from her seat and faced the entrance of the building.


“Release him,” she ordered as she began her steps. The guys looked at me and shook their heads.


“You’re just going to let me out just like this?” I asked as I felt the ropes around me starting to loosen.


“Not really, I’m not in the mood to play with you right now but I’m also not in the mood to be nice...” She said as glared at me. “So I’m just gonna create this deal between the two of us.”


“What deal?” I asked as I stood up and fixed my shirt.


“It’s a deal about this meeting of ours. We’ll keep it as a secret, mister...plus I’m going to give you something you want.” She said as she slowly approached me. Her soft, bare hands touching my skin as she helped me fix my collar. “What the--!”


How about we tell you something about what you wanna know, some information of the underground operations in the black market. BUT, in exchange, you wouldn't go after me and my group; you and your comrades. How about that?...If you keep your promise, we’ll let you live." She whispered to my left ear. I felt her hot breath on my skin, sending shivers down my spine. Why does my knees feel a little bit weaker?


"Why do you think I will agree to this deal?" I asked, regaining my composure.


“Why? It’s simple. ‘Cause you're a smart man and if you value your life, you will...and I know you do...” She whispered more softly. Her fingers started to trace the the sides of my face, touching especially my sideburns. Chansung, you can’t fall for her trap. “...Mr.--looking at my name plate that’s attached to my uniform---Hwang, trust me, you wouldn’t dare...~" She continued with so much confidence. I could feel the smirk on her full red lips.


"Such a peculiar young lady... your words are indeed sharp - I like it; yet how can you assure me that your information are true?" I asked. Her gazes were still fixed on my features. I wanted to move but it was as if my hands were glued to my sides.


"I do have my proofs, Mister..." She opened one of the side drawers in her table and got hold of some important looking documents. She held it to my face, her other hand on her waist.


I flipped over to the documents and found it legitimate. Some matched the files in our station. I glanced at her again. “Why are you giving such confidential documents to me? How can you be sure that I won't betray you? I find it weird that you’re showing me these files without thinking about the possibility I’ll tell my pals about this." I asked as I held tighter to the documents.


“It's the process of taking risks, Mr. Hwang. I’m giving you this because I have this intuition  that I can use you in the future and I know you will not betray me. You wouldn't dare. Just think of this as a gift from me." Said she as she seductively winked at me. Use me in the future huh?

 

“What if I won’t agree with your future plans? What if I  really did betray you? What will you do? Kill me?" I asked as I crossed my arms, the documents on my hand, not backing down.


"I know you’ll agree and that's bull. I don't kill people that easily. I let them feel what real suffering is, torture them little by little.” She turned to the boys and smiled devilishly. “Or worse, send them to the gangs on the other side.” They just shook their heads at me. “You will not like how it will turn out.” Gangs on the OTHER side? The hell? Aren’t they all the same? Weird.


“Well, okay let’s play with your game this time, but if we happened to meet the next time, I hope you'll be aware that I'm a cop and you're criminals. " I said as I raised my eyebrows.


"Harsh words mister, but don't worry, the next meeting of ours... It’ll be over." She said as she snapped her finger.

“Let's just fate decide that..Ms..?." I said, forgetting that I didn’t even know her name.


“Choi. Choi’s the name. Don’t forget mister, if you break your promise, you’ll pay. You’ll be mine.” She silently laughed before I started my way out of the room and of the rundown warehouse. On my way out, I remembered I didn’t even thank her for the information she had just given me. Even though she was like that, I still need to thank her. Before I was out of their earshot, I raised my hand that held the documents, the other hand in my pocket, I said. “By the way, thanks for this, Ms. Choi.”



I glanced at the documents in my hands. What just happened?



On the other hand, Ms. Choi was grinning widely as the door closed.


“Ms. Choi, why did you give those to him?” The smaller guy asked as he glanced at the closed door.


“It’s because we found him. He’s the guy we’ve been waiting for, Jokwon.” Ms. Choi happily said as she returned to her arm chair.


“You know what to do right?” She asked the other guys in the room. “I want you to follow him and give me some facts about our new friend.”


The guys nodded immediately and then some of them left to look after him.


“Mr. Hwang, I think fate had finally decided.” She muttered to herself as she rested her back on her armchair, feet resting on top of her table and a glass of wine in hand.


The other guys just smiled at each other. At last, they finally found him.