Coffee Crushes, and Books (ft. Giriboy)

The Sickest Scenarios [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coffee, Crushes, and Books (Giriboy x You)

It was eight in the morning when you made your way to the cafe near your dorm. You were carrying your laptop with your heavy backpack hanging off of one shoulder. Your backpack was filled with economic textbooks, your notebook, and every writing utensil you could find. You placed your stuff at your favorite table before making your way up to the counter. Aside from a few people sitting around, the coffee shop was empty this morning. As you looked at the menu above, a yawn passed your lips. Finals week was fast approaching, so you had gotten about one or two hours of sleep a night for the past two weeks. The only thing that kept you alive was the caffeine you’ve been pumping into your body on a regular basis. Today was no different. You had a ton of studying to do, and the only way you’d make it through the morning was with coffee.

 

“What can I get for you?” The man behind the counter asked, not sharing any direct eye contact with you.

 

“I’ll have a venti white chocolate mocha with three extra shots of espresso,” You stated simply, pulling out some money from your pocket.

 

With your answer, the baristas head shot up, and his eyebrows raised. “That’s strong .” He said but turned around and began to make the drink right away.

 

You shrugged your shoulders although he didn’t see you. “Don’t study crazy in college,” you mumbled under your breath before placing your money on the counter in front of you. The barista placed your large coffee on the counter and nodded his head once.

 

“Would you mind bringing me coffee when I run out? Maybe once an hour?” you asked, slightly tilting your head to the side.

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “That depends. Will you pay me?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

You rolled your eyes but nodded your head anyway. If it wasn’t for the fact that you wanted to stay concentrated, you would get the drinks yourself, but you couldn’t risk the distraction. You grabbed your drink and made your way back to your table of stuff. You plopped into your seat and let out a loud sigh as you took a sip of your coffee. When you placed your drink on the table, you pulled out your books and began reading the information.

 

* * *

 

The barista supplying your caffeine needs was named Siyoung, and he stayed true to the agreement and continued delivering coffee to your table each time you finished your drink. You were more than grateful for the steady line of caffeine. It was around three in the afternoon when you shut your economics book and placed your head in your hands. Your head was thumping, and even though you had been studying all day, it felt as though you had retained nothing at all. You leaned back and rotated a bit to crack your back. College , you tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter