chapter 7

Redemption

“Gentlemen, tomorrow is the start of our plan! Do not screw it! Remember, it’s not only about you or us, or your own countries, but it’s about a world! I just want to tell all of you as the head of this mission that if you die in this mission, your name will be part of the history and you die in great honor. Cheers! For a better future!” DJ raised his glass up and instantly, everybody in the room did the same while cheering, “For a better future!”

“Tomorrow, Ji.” Seunghyun said with a voice that only Jiyoung could hear.

“I know. I’m really excited!” Jiyoung said and they both did a high five. Maybe they were born crazy. Maybe they were born without fear. Or maybe, they were just too excited. Seunghyun called Aerin for the last time and surprisingly she picked it up.

“Hey. I know that you’re still angry to me. I just want to tell you that I’m going to penetrate ISIS tomorrow. I don’t know for how long but I promise you that I’ll come back for you.” Seunghyun said.

“There is really no chance for you not to go, is there?” Aerin asked with a sad tone.

“I’m sorry, but I really have to do this. Wait for me okay?” He asked and there was no answer for her. All he could hear was her sobs.

“I’ll be fine, honey. Just wait for me, okay?” He asked again for the second time.

“Okay.” She said in between her sobs before she hung up the call.

The next day came faster than what they thought. It was finally the day for ISIS’s recruitment. They would go to a secret interview and they would be face to face to at least one of the ISIS’s members. The fourteen penetrators were all excited but of course, they felt a slight feeling of anxiety. However, Seunghyun reminded all of them not to be anxious because that could ruin the interview.

“Hey, how many will they recruit today?” Seunghyun asked.

“They usually hope for at least 100.” Sondakh answered just before they went inside the plane.

“So everybody, you’ve brought your identities, right?” Seunghyun asked when they were inside the plane and he earned a nod from every single person there.

“Remember your training and what you’re trained for. Let’s do this!” He said again and everybody nodded excitedly.

The place for the interview was located surprisingly at a whiskey’s factory. Seunghyun and his team walked into there with full of confidence. Before they stepped into the factory, two men holding guns checked them first to make sure they didn’t bring any tracker devices or any weapons. One by one of them entered the building and they were surprised to see there were a lot of people queuing. When their name was being called, they had to enter the cubicle. Seunghyun was of course at the front line. He would be the first to be interviewed. His undercover name was Kwak Min Jun. There were already several gunshots that were heard but that didn’t make any of them back off.

“Kwak Min Jun.” The speaker called and Seunghyun knew that it was his turn. Seunghyun walked without hesitation to the cubicle and sat across the man that he thought was in charged for the recruitment. The man was surprisingly was not from Middle East. He was tall, white-skinned, and looked very intimidating with his blue eyes. If Seunghyun had to guess, he would say that he was from America.

“Kwak Min Jun?” He called and Seunghyun nodded.

“Sorry for making you a bit uncomfortable but this is the protocol.” He said when the other man linked his arm with a lie detector.

“It’s fine.“ Seunghyun even managed to flash a small smile.

“In here, we don’t need your background, or your past, we just want the whole you right now for who you are not who you were. Do you understand?” The man opened the interrogation.

“Understood, Sir.” Seunghyun nodded.

“Let’s start with the first question, what is ISIS in your opinion?” He asked.

“ISIS is an organization which purpose is to purify Islam.” Seunghyun answered. The man looked at the lie detector and it said that Seunghyun wasn’t lying.

“What do you think is ISIS doing?” He asked the second question.

“ISIS is purifying Islam, of course.” Seunghyun answered. The man looked a little bit unsatisfied with his answer but the detector once again showed that Seunghyun was being honest.

“Your religion isn’t Islam, why do you even want to join ISIS? What’s your purpose?” He asked.

“I am not Islam. My dad is. He wanted to join ISIS but he was old already, so he wanted me instead. My dad age is not long anymore, he is suffering from lung cancer. So before he died, I want to give him a little present. That’s it. My parents are my number 1, Sir. I do not have any other intentions.” Seunghyun lied but magically, the lie detector stated that he was speaking honestly.

“Last question, what can you offer for ISIS?”

“As I stated in my profile, I am good with computer. I am not really good at dealing with weapons. But, I think ISIS also needs a good hijacker; therefore, I brace myself to sign here.” Seunghyun spoke a lie but once again the lie detector was showing he was being honest.

“Very well, Min Jun. Congratulations! You are now officially an ISIS member. I think you’ve known the rules and your job.” He stood up and Seunghyun stood up too to shake hands with him.

“I have a question, Sir. May I contact my family?” He asked.

“Sadly, no.”

“Can I contact my dad, Sir? I just want him to know that I make it, Sir. I want him to be happy before he died. May I, Sir? I will just contact him once to inform him the good news.” He pleaded.

“No, kid. I’m sorry.” The man said and Seunghyun could only nodded. He then was led to a helicopter that was parked behind the building. He was the only one in the helicopter.

“Why isn’t there any people here?” He asked the pilot.

“The others have been brought by the other helicopters. Now, wait here until the other chosen ones get in here.” The pilot said. He didn’t dare to say anything again as the guards there were already sending him a glare. After 5 minutes of waiting, he finally sighed in relief as he saw Jiyoung joined him in the helicopter. Although they wanted to hug each other so badly, they knew better to not do such things for the guards were watching them. Surprisingly, all of them managed to get out from the factory alive.


“I’m your commandant here. Your job is to hack into the Pentagon security system. We are going to kidnap the President of USA, The Ministry of Defence, and Secretary of State. The three of them are the key to nuclear bomb –The most powerful weapon on the earth at the moment.” A man around 40 said to all the hackers. Seunghyun, Jiyoung, Mozart, and Pizza were working at there. Simon, Blood, Bra, and Knife were working at the weapons division. They were in charged on making new weapons. Stiff, Oscar, and Sid were working in technical division while the rest were becoming the soldiers. They all had to be more careful from now on.

A year had passed and the Computer team had been trying to steal all the data in the system but every time they wanted to do that, the supervisors were always around them. Simon, Blood, Bra, and Knife were closed in finding a biological weapon and that was really not a good news.

In the break time, they sometimes gathered and discussed the progress each had made and of course the way they would get out from the place. One day, Mozart finally found a very rare opportunity to copy the whole data in ISIS system to a USB. The data contained everything, the funders, the missions, the bases, everything. They just needed to get it out from here. At night, fourteen of them secretly met and discussed how to get out from the horrifying place, but it was so tough since the guards were there 24/7. There was no other way than sending all the data to the rest of the team that were still waiting back in Rome.

“We need a diversion.” Seunghyun said finally.

“There are four of us. One will have to create the diversion. The other will use the time to send it to DJ.” Seunghyun explained further.

“I will need someone who can break into pentagon.” Seunghyun then said again.

“Wait what? That’s not how we work. We are not going to sell a State –“

Listen first, Simon. We will just make them busy. The person will hack inside Pentagon, but the other one will defend it. It will make a chance for us to transfer the data to DJ. Then, after he finished, the last will go to the toilet. In the toilet, someone from the technical division must have been waiting there. When this person has confirmed that the data has been transferred, he has to go to the technical room and cut down the power, so the connection will be lost and nobody gets into Pentagon.” Seunghyun said and everybody seemed to be thinking and considering his idea.

“Very well!” They all said and they did high five.

“So, okay, who is willing to break into Pentagon?” Seunghyun asked. Pizza then raised his hands as he said, “I once tried to break into there and it wasn’t so hard to be honest.”

“Well –Since I have gone into Pentagon’s system once, I think I will just be the defender.” Seunghyun said.

“Since I have the data, I will be the one that transfers the date to DJ.” Mozart said.

“Then, I am the mail guy then.” Jiyoung smirked.

“I am going to cut down the power.” Oscar smirked and the plan was made.


Seunghyun broke into the Pentagon and registered himself there as one of the agents, so he would have the right to change the codes. When he was finally in, he gave sign to Pizza and Pizza immediately hacked into Pentagon.

“Commandant, I almost make it to the system! But, there is a slight problem, what’s the last code?” Pizza took the attention. The commandant and supervisors gathered around him.

“Somebody helps him to get the last code, please.” One of the supervisors said. Mozart quickly took the opportunity to transfer the data to DJ whereas Seunghyun kept them all busy by changing the codes all the time. The Commandant lost his patience as he asked Pizza to get up from his seat and let him do the job instead. Seunghyun was really getting very busy because the commandant was actually really good. Mozart smirked in satisfaction and gave thumbs up under the table which indicated that the data has all been transferred. Jiyoung then asked to go to the toilet and since the Commandant was busy, he just permitted Jiyoung. In the toilet, Oscar had been waiting and when Jiyoung gave him thumb up, he knew what he had to do. He then returned to the technical room and pretended that he accidentally pulled out the wrong cable and caused blackout to the entire base.

“!” Meanwhile, in the hacker division, the commandant was beyond furious because he was so close to the breaking, yet suddenly the power died.

“Restart it! God damn it!” He asked one of the supervisors to restart the whole system. However, when the system had been restarted, it was already too late to get back to the track. They knew that the Commandant would ask Pizza to redo it, so Pizza had pretended to be electrocuted earlier. Seunghyun knew that it was very dangerous. There was even a slight probability that Pizza might die because electrocuted by 220 volt. But thankfully, Pizza was smart enough to pull himself up in a second, so he was still alive. The four of them secretly and mentally smirked in their hearts.


Meanwhile, on the other place of the earth –Rome, DJ quickly gathered the rest of the team inside the same meeting room they were gathering a year ago.

“TOP’s team just sent me all the data of ISIS yesterday. It is finally our time, gentlemen! We now know all ISIS members! We know all their bases! We know their funders! We know their system! We basically know everything about them.” DJ spoke excitedly and all of them cheered.

“Okay, from the data here, we know that ISIS has over 4000 men in 40 of each base. By knowing all these facts, we don’t need to guess again where their bases are. So, we can just drop the bomb directly. I have contacted the forces in all countries which ISIS has their bases on and they have agreed to bomb the place instead of arresting the members. ISIS is dangerous; therefore, we shall give no mercy to them. They have to be destroyed once and for all. But, there is one base that we cannot just drop a bomb to it, it’s the base where our friends are inside. We will be the rescue team! Without these brave gentlemen, we won’t know these. So, now, it’s our time!” DJ said and everybody once again cheered.

They were the best, so they didn’t need a lot of time for preparation. DJ had told each of the country’s leaders to drop the bomb at the same time, so ISIS would not be able to do any transportation. The attack would be sudden and happened together in all their bases except the one that they would intrude.

Exactly on 12.A.M, the forces dropped the bombs together and destroyed all 39 bases of ISIS with approximately 3900 ISIS’s members in it. Even the head of ISIS was dead in that incident when he was staying at the ISIS’s base which located in Kuwait. DJ’s team had intruded into the base where fourteen of their team members were there. They were all using the soundless bullets, so the guards wouldn’t gather together to fire them.

“Alpha, Chuck, Paul, Sue, Beach, Belt and Gamma, you all go there and pick up Sid and the team. Charlie, Zeus, Athena, Curl, Light, Blue, and Oil go that way and rescue Knife and the team. Romeo, Juliet, Jupiter, Earth, Choco, Pet, Pal, and Leaf go to right and pick up Esperanza and the team. The rest follow me and we will rescue TOP and the team.” DJ gave an order.

However, they didn’t know that the remaining ISIS members knew they were coming. The commandant had been told that all 39 of their other bases had been destroyed and he thought that this base would also be attacked. That’s why he had prepared all his men. Some gun fires were heard from the Technical room and that made the other team stood by. When DJ and the team were about to free Seunghyun and the team, one of the ISIS members there threw a grenade.

“Grenade!” DJ shouted and everyone immediately backed off. Seunghyun and the team didn’t stay silent, so he signaled Jiyoung, Pizza, and Mozart to snatch guns from ISIS members’ hand. DJ and the team went inside and they together fought against the ISIS men. As they went out, the gun fires didn’t die down. Bullets started to fly to here and there and DJ team had to admit that ISIS was really a professional. The soldiers had even succeeded to take down Belt and Leaf. Sid and Oscar took initiative to lift up Belt and Leaf and took them to the plane, so at least they would have an appropriate funeral. Jiyoung,  Seunghyun, and the rest of the team were still firing their guns towards ISIS men. Situation became a bit uncontrollable as one by one of DJ team started to fall. In the middle of the chaos, Seunghyun saw an enemy firing a gun to his friend –Jiyoung. He warned Jiyoung but Jiyoung was too busy to deal with the other enemies. He was in panic as he directly ran towards him and took the bullet for him.

“No!” Jiyoung screamed in horror as he saw blood coming out from Seunghyun’s mouth and stomach.

“Take him to the plane!” DJ instructed and Jiyoung together with Stiff brought Seunghyun to the plane.

“No, no, no! Seunghyun! You have to stay alive, okay?” Jiyoung’s face was already wet with his tears.

“It’s cold.” Seunghyun muttered.

“No! Hey! Open your eyes!” Jiyoung slapped Seunghyun’s face several times in order to make him keep conscious. “Hey! Hey! You can’t do this! You ing promised Aerin that you will come back! She is ing waiting for you, dude!” Jiyoung was still trying. He pressed Seunghyun’s wound harder in order to stop the bleeding but the blood still came out anyway. Soon, Seunghyun’s face turned pale and Jiyoung became even more worried.

Soon, DJ and the rest of the team managed to take down all the remaining ISIS members and got into the plane.

“How bad is it?” DJ asked Jiyoung and Jiyoung shook his head, “Very bad.”

“We need to take out the bullet of him.” DJ said and Jiyoung was completely stunned. “Hand me the first aid box.” He said again and Maria immediately handed him.

“Thank God there is a tweezers here.” He smiled in delight.

“This is going to hurt. GD and Zeus, please hold him.” DJ instructed. DJ carefully cut the skin a little and Seunghyun screamed in pain. Alpha lighted the wound so DJ could know where the bullet was. Using the tweezers, he carefully took out the bullet. “Argh!!!” Seunghyun instantly screamed in a great pain.

“Hang on, buddy. Just a little bit more.” DJ said as he almost succeeded in getting out the bullet of Seunghyun’s body. He smirked in satisfaction as the bullet finally came out.

“TOP! Stay awake!” Zeus immediately slapped Seunghyun when he saw Seunghyun was about to close his eyes.

“He is losing so much blood!” Zeus told DJ.

“Tell the pilot to go to any nearest hospital now.” DJ commanded Alpha.

“Hang on, bro.” Jiyoung said. But Seunghyun slowly was really losing his conscious. “No!” That was the last voices from his team that Seunghyun heard before everything went black for him.