Chapter 6

Redemption

“Mr. Choi, we have read your report of all your field agents that you submitted and we are very impressed! You are new but you manage to do it very well. The same goes to you, Mr. Kwon. You are a very responsible chief and you manage the internal problems really well. Therefore, we request that you will be joining our latest worldwide mission to catch Muhammad Bin Ali who is believed to be the secretary of ISIS. This is the biggest mission that most countries in the world have ever approved on. The presidents of all countries that join this mission have sent their best agents. Hence, they also hope that we will send the best of the best as well. Mr. Kwon and you are the legends here, so we hope that both of you will agree to be part of the mission even though it is not your job, Mr. kwon.” Mrs. Kim said in the council meeting.

Seunghyun and Jiyoung looked at each other. Both knew what they were thinking. Smirks formed on their faces as Jiyoung took the opportunity first, “It’d be an honor for me to be part in this mission. Count me in.”

“As you’ve known, Mr. Kwon and I are partners for long time. Moreover, we are best friends in real life. So, there is no way I will let him do it himself. Count me in too.” Seunghyun said with a smile.

“Alright, since you both have agreed to take part in this mission, I shall give you the background of the mission. I believe you’ve heard the bomb that attacked Paris a few months ago. It’s something connected with that. Because of the attack, France has now officially declared war towards ISIS. As it is one of the 5 countries that are the great members in United Nations, its alliances join France to attack ISIS. USA and England are known as the closest alliance of France; therefore, they also declare war against ISIS. As you all have also known, USA has had a great role in defending us from North Korea attack. As a gratitude to USA, president has announced that we –South Korea will join their forces in attempt to take down ISIS which means we also take part in the mission.” Mr. Soo said and handed the encrypted files to Seunghyun and Jiyoung.

“Everything you need to know is exactly in there. You both will have the meeting with all agents in the world that participate in this mission this Friday in Rome, Italy.” Mr. Park said.

“Is there any question?” Mrs. Kim asked and both Jiyoung and Seunghyun shook their heads.

“Thank you, gentlemen. Dismiss.” Mrs. Kim said and everybody went back to their work. Seunghyun and Jiyoung also went to their room.

“It’s been a long time since the last time we were in a mission. I can’t believe that this day would come!” Jiyoung smiled widely.

“Me too! I still can’t believe this is really happening, it looked like a dream to me long time ago and now, it is just in front of my eyes. I want to share this happy news to Aerin! She must be happy!” Seunghyun smiled in satisfaction. One hobby that he liked since child was watching spy movies. He always was amazed by the agents in those movies and so he would really want to be one of those agents one day. Life is fair. He might not come from a good family background, but he got his dream come true.

“Well, call her then.” Jiyoung smirked as he unsealed the document regarding the mission. Seunghyun then called Aerin.

“Hey, am I bothering you?” Seunghyun asked when she finally picked up the call.

“No, not really.” She said instantly as she pushed aside her papers.

“I have good news and I want to share it with you, if you don’t mind listening, of course.” Seunghyun chuckled.

“No, not at all. Tell me.” Aerin grinned widely as she was getting excited.

“I’ll be joining a worldwide mission. I’ll be working with great agents all over the world. Do you see how amazing it is? It’s my dream since child and it comes true. I just am so happy.” Seunghyun told her. However, instead of hearing her excited voice, he heard a sigh. He noticed something wasn’t right so he asked her, “What’s with the sigh? You’re not happy?”

Aerin sighed heavily before she answered, “I’m happy for you. But I am also scared.”

“Scared? Why?” Seunghyun asked.

“You’ll be in a very dangerous mission. Those people that name themselves as ISIS, they are barely human. They do not know mercy. They will crush all people that stand against them. They kill too many innocent people, Seunghyun. I do not doubt your skill as an agent, but I am worried, very worried. I do not want anything bad happens to you. Don’t take part in the mission, Seunghyun. Please?” She pleaded him and he was really surprised by what she said. As an agent, he never thought that way. What he felt was excitement. He felt a slight anxiety but even that was because he would be working with great agents across the sea, not because he might die. To be honest, he didn’t even think that he could die.

“But Aerin, that’s my life.” Seunghyun was being stubborn. Jiyoung peered at him from his table and he could tell that Seunghyun was a bit upset. He could predict what Aerin had said and he must admit that Aerin had her point. Nevertheless, as a man, as a human, sometimes selfishness took over. He couldn’t help but to think that if he were Seunghyun, he would still go anyway.

“I know. But I really can’t afford to lose you.” From her voice, Seunghyun could know that Aerin was at the edge of crying.

“What are you saying, baby? You’re not going to lose me.” Seunghyun tried to convince her.

“Yes, I am. There is one more thing that you have to know about me. I can see the future. I am born like that. I answered your call cheerfully just now in hope that you won’t talk about you. I was hoping that you asked me about how my day was instead. But I guess, you are too excited, aren’t you? That was the only way I won’t blurt out these things, but I think this is how fate works, isn’t it? I don’t want to lose you, Seunghyun. I can’t. Just please, listen to me, do not go.” Aerin was already sobbing right now. Seunghyun was really perplexed. He never knew what Aerin was capable of. He gave a look to Jiyoung and Jiyoung shrugged as he thought it was their relationship problem and told Seunghyun to solve it himself.

“Baby, please…” Aerin was still crying.

“I don’t believe such things exist. Those are only in the movies. You –You are talking nonsense, Aerin. I appreciate your worry to me, but don’t worry, really. I will be just fine.” Seunghyun said.

“No, you won’t! I never forbid you to do anything you want, did I? I accepted it when you had to leave for a meeting or cancel our meeting. I can afford even though you make me number 2. But I can’t afford if I have to lose you, Seunghyun. Don’t you get it? I’m being extremely serious here.” Aerin spoke emotionally through the line.

“Look, Aerin. I’m telling you this in hope that you’ll support me. I don’t want us to have a fight.” Seunghyun said.

“I always support you, Seunghyun, always. But if you are going for a suicide mission, I won’t support you at all cost.” Aerin said.

“I’m going, Aerin. It’s been my decision.” Seunghyun said and hung up the call without even waiting for her response. He was really confused.

“Mind to tell me what’s going on?” Jiyoung asked him.

“It’s nonsense, Jiyoung! It’s ing nonsense! She –She isn’t happy with this. She was talking nonsense, she was telling me s! God damn it! She said that she could see the future. She said that I would die if I joined the mission. I can’t believe she said that. I mean, those kind of things don’t exist, do they?” Seunghyun said emotionally.

“Relax buddy, she is probably just worried so much about you. You have a really caring girlfriend here, so be thankful for that.” Jiyoung said.

“I am thankful! But what did she say was really making me upset.”

“Nah, life is fair, man! You did upset her a lot of times by the way. Can you imagine how she feels? She only upset you once and you feel so annoyed, what about her? How many times have you let her down? She is still so patient with you, you know? Other girls might not be that patient towards you, they probably would have left you long time ago if they were she.” Jiyoung saod and Seunghyun inhaled deeply.

“So what are you suggesting?” Seunghyun asked.

“I’m not suggesting anything.” He shrugged and went back to his papers. Seunghyun couldn’t think straight about this, so he decided to move on to the encrypted files instead.


“I’m going to Rome for 3 days and if we have had a deal, we will go for the mission as soon as possible. Take care of yourself when I’m not around, okay?” Seunghyun said through her mailbox. Aerin was mad at him and she ignored him for days. She didn’t reply to any of his text messages. She also never picked up his calls. She didn’t even open the door for him when he visited her two days ago.

“She is still mad at you, isn’t she?” Jiyoung poked his shoulder from right.

“Yeah. Girls are complicated.” Seunghyun sighed and Jiyoung just laughed. They got onto the plan and sat on their seats.

“I’m going to sleep. I didn’t have enough sleep last night.” Seunghyun said. Yes, he wasn’t just lack of sleep, but he didn’t have a nice sleep either. All he could think was Aerin. To be honest, he hated leaving with her still being mad at him but he couldn’t possibly cancel the flight.

Jiyoung on the other hand was much easier than Seunghyun. His girlfriend –Ara understood completely about his interest and she was glad when he told her that. So, he couldn’t understand his partner’s stress. He fell asleep as well when he was thinking about his girlfriend.

Some hours later, Seunghyun was awoken by a shake from his left side. “My God! You have never be this hard to get up.” Jiyoung complained.

“What?”

“We are here, say hi to Rome!” Jiyoung cheered as he took his backpack and threw Seunghyun his. Seunghyun caught his backpack in time and they both went out from the private plane.

“Are you agent Choi and agent Kwon?” A lady asked when they stepped their shoes on the new land.

“Yes.” Both of them said in unison. The lady seemed to be surprised, but she managed to vocered it up in the next second. “May I see your ID?” She asked again to make sure. Jiyoung and Seunghyun handed her their IDs and she checked them up before she returned their IDs back to them.

“You seemed so surprised before, why?” Jiyoung asked in a friendly manner.

“I don’t expect you to be this young.” She chuckled a bit.

“How’s my English?” Jiyoung joked.

“Pretty bad but understandable.” She answered honestly and Seunghyun giggled at her answer and that definitely earned a glare from Jiyoung.

“Well, now we are going to our secret base.” She said as she led them going inside a car. She drove with a high speed and reached their destination.

“The secret base is in this old boutique?” Seunghyun asked as she parked the car in front of the boutique.

“No. It’s just the way.” She said and continued, “This way, gentlemen.” She led them going inside the old boutique and headed straight to the warehouse at the back of the boutique. The warehouse was dusty and looked disgusting. She then put her hand on the wall and suddenly they went down for approximately 50 meters underground.

“You should have warned us.” Jiyoung said and she just chuckled. She led them to the meeting room and let them go inside. Inside, there were already a lot of agents.

“We are just waiting for 2 more countries, Israel and Japan. The meeting is scheduled to start at 4 which means there are only 3 minutes left. If they happen to not come as scheduled, please wait for them.” The head of the meeting that happens to come from USA stated clearly. However, just when he finished speaking, the rest of the agents came and sat on the remaining seats.

“Good afternoon, gentlemen. Today we are gathering here to arrange the most dangerous and biggest mission in history. I believe you have been told what we are going to do here. However, before we start the meeting, let’s introduce ourselves. Please do not tell the real names, just tell your code names that have been given by your agency. Let’s start from me and then going to left and the last one is Japan’s. You may call me DJ.” The head said.

“I’m from USA, call me Dragon.”

“Mongolia’s agent, Key.”

“I’m from Mongolia, cat.”

“Chinese, knife.”

“Chinese, sword.”

“British, Simon.”

“British, Lambo.”

“I’m from Cuba, Taco.”

“Monaco, Zayn.”

“I’m from France, call me light.”

“France also, call me dark.”

“Italian, Pizza.”

“Italian, call me burger.”

“Denmark’s agent, I’m Chuck.”

“Swiss’ agent, Choco.”

“Swiss’ agent, Blue.”

“Indonesia, Cold.”

It’s finally Jiyoung’s time to introduce himself, “I’m GD, from South Korea.”

“I’m TOP from South Korea as well.”

“From Germany, Stiff.”

“From Germany, Pete.”

“Nigera, blood.”

“Russian, Santa.”

“Russian, Klaus.” Everybody was holding their laughs.

“Republic of Dominico, Dom.”

“Spanish, Esperanza.”

“I’m sorry, can you please repeat?” The head asked.

“Esperanza.”

“Errr… Okay.” He said awkwardly and gave sign to proceed.

“Portugal, Ronaldo.”

“Brazil, Nyemar.”

“Brazil, Oscar.”

“Argentina, Messi.”

“Argentina, Angel.”

“Vietnam, Pot.”

“Colombia, Tuck.”

“Netherlands, Nora.”

“Netherlands, Bora.”

“Saudi Arabia, Noah.”

“Iran, Bar.”

“Iran, Sondakh.”

“Thailand, trans.”

“Thailand, Kwai.”

“Israel, Mozart.”

“Israel, Maria.”

“Austria, Alpha.”

“Australia, Bertha.”

“Australia, Gamma.”

“India, Indi.”

“Pakistan, Ala.”

“Pakistan, Ali.”

“Libya, Ron.”

“Libya, Bra.”

“Singapore, Cone.”

“Malaysia, Bear.”

“Malaysia, Bird.”

“Myanmar, Shawn.”

“Norway, Brush.”

“Norway, Kiat.”

“Vatican City, God.”

“South Africa, Gold.”

“Egypt, Spinx.”

“Egypt, Nil.”

“I’m from Chile, Chili.”

“Guatemala, Plum.”

“Algeria, Dan.”

“Algeria, Bun.”

“New Zealand, Sid.”

“New Zealand, Bold.”

“Afghanistan, Zonk.”

“Bhutan, Ghost.”

“Bangladesh, Griff.”

“Filipina, Spirit.”

“Filipina, Sprite.”

“Brunei, Green.”

“Iraq, Romeo.”

“Iraq, Juliet.”

“Cambodia, Charlie.”

“Kuwait, Brown.”

“Lebanon, Bruno.”

“Sri Lanka, Diamond.”

“Armenia, Oman.”

“Belgium, Jupiter.”

“Belgium, Earth.”

“Croatia, Clan.”

“Turkey, Oil.”

“Turkey, Curl.”

“Finland, Uncle.”

“Finland, Aunty.”

“Greece, Zeus.”

“Greece, Athena.”

“Poland, Pal.”

“Luxembourg, Paul.”

“Ukraine, Sue.”

“Ukraine, Zink.”

“Jamaica, Belt.”

“Canada, Leaf.”

“Canada, Beach.”

“Romania, Bulk.”

“Romania, Hulk.”

“Qatar, Chris.”

“Japan, Zee.”

“Japan, Boo.”
“That’s all. Let’s now proceed to our tactics. Does anyone have idea? First thing first, we have to find their base.” DJ said and unfortunately, nobody raised their hands.

“This is almost impossible. They always move and nobody can predict what their next target is. Until this second, ISIS’s agents have not been revealed yet. Even this Muhammad Bin Ali is just an assumption.” Stiff said.

“Yes, but that’s why we are here today.” DJ said and everybody fell silent. Seunghyun did have an idea in his head but it was ridiculously dangerous and the chance for it to succeed was still little.

“I have an idea.” He finally decided to reveal his idea. He could feel everybody’s eyes were on him, even Jiyoung’s.

“If we want to know everything about ISIS, we have to do it from the inside.” Seunghyun spoke and some of them immediately shook their heads.

“No, that is insane! They are going to find out who we are and they will torture us before they kill us!” Alpha disagreed.

“Yes, that is going to be a suicide mission and I don’t approve that.” Curl said.

“But he is right! We have to take the risk!” Choco said.

“It’s too risky! Haven’t you heard about the information’s leak? They probably have known who each of us is.” Esperanza said.

“They won’t know who we are. I believe that we all here are the best in our countries. They do not send the best for nothing. We can do this.” Pizza argued.

“We haven’t known how deep the information has been leaked!” Esperanza said again.

“Quiet!” DJ said loudly and made everybody turned silent instantly.

“Let the young man speak!” DJ said, permitting Seunghyun to explain his idea. Seunghyun smiled thankfully to him before he spoke, “It’s impossible to know the enemy’s strategy and target, or even their members from the outside. As you all have known, all the ISIS members have prepared themselves to die for their belief. They are crazy, heartless, and very cruel. If they ever got caught, they would commit suicide. So, we will not get anything from them. But from the inside, we can. I know it is very dangerous to penetrate this organization, but it’s the only option. No offense, but France once tried to bomb ISIS before, but they failed, didn’t they? It’s the only mission that France’s special force has ever failed on. So, now we know that this organization is really no joke. They are capable to do anything they want and we know zero things about them. Meanwhile, they probably know things about our countries’ secrets, like how we operate, our countries’ defend, and et cetera. So, I’m saying that we have a little chance to know about them if we are inside them. At least, we will know about their members, and their targets.”

“You have your point, but it is really too dangerous.” Romeo said and some other agents nodded in agreement.

“Does anybody here have better options?” DJ asked and everyone shook their heads in unison.

“Then, it’s clear. We are doing his plan.” DJ said.

“But that really doesn’t worth. Wasting more lives don’t help.” Jupiter said.

“It is worth it. We are gambling here. The chance is probably very low but it is not zero! What I know is if we do nothing, more and more innocent people are going to be killed!” GD finally opened his mouth.

“That’s correct, but to gamble you have to be smart! Let’s talk about probability! The last time I checked, my country sent an undercover agent to penetrate ISIS, but he got caught almost immediately and ISIS sent a video when they tortured the poor agent and killed him to our secured connection! How could they even hijack our connection?” Ron said emotionally. Then, everybody fell silent once again.

“But I really can’t see other options!” Pete messed his own hair as he couldn’t think of other ideas. Then, whispers and mutters started to fill the room once again.

“I ask you, gentlemen, what are we?” DJ asked and everybody stared at each other with questioning look on their faces.

“We are agents of course.” Zink said the first.

“Not a satisfying answer. Anybody else?” DJ asked.

“We are taking part in a mission to take down ISIS.” Zee spoke.

“Not an answer I want to hear. If that is the only thing you think about us, I suggest you to walk out from this room now.” DJ said strictly.

“We are the toughest men on earth.”

“We are the worlds’ defender.”

“We are who we are.”

There were still a lot of answers but none was what DJ wanted to hear.

“We were born crazy.”

“We are the world’s best chance right now.” Seunghyun said and DJ immediately spoke, “That’s very correct, TOP.”

“Gentlemen, we are here because we are the world’s best chance. We are the best amongst the best and we are gathering here to join forces in attempt to take down ISIS. So, we have to be united if we want to take ISIS down. Now, look at you? Bickering over this little idea is definitely not necessary. So what if it is dangerous? We have been through a lot of dangerous times! We have been through a lot of hardships!” He was now already standing and walking around the room and continued with a loud voice, “But that is what we were born for. If you still fear and worry about the possibility you will be caught, you don’t deserve to be called agent in the first place! If there are any of you that still doubt yourself, what you’re capable of, you better go home and your mommy’s !”
The room fell silent and everybody began thinking of his words. Seunghyun looked around him and one by one of them started to smirk until Zeus decided to speak, “So what’s the plan?”

“That’s spirit! I like that! Who are willing to penetrate ISIS, we will need at least 10 agents.” DJ said.

“I do.” Almost everybody in the room was willing to do the honor, including Seunghyun and Jiyoung.

“TOP, you are the one who proposed the idea. I heard that you are also a head of the field agents in your country. I think you can see a little bit of people’s characters. I give you the right to choose whoever will join you penetrating into ISIS.” DJ said.

“Thank you, DJ.” Seunghyun said to the head before he named the people that would join him, “GD, Knife, Dark, Stiff, Mozart, Blood, Esperanza, Sid, Choco, Santa, Pizza, Bra, and Simon. Are you willing to join me?” Seunghyun asked and all of them said yes instantly.

“Okay, now let’s talk on how we make ISIS recruit these people.” DJ said.

“I know how the recruitment works. It’s all from a deep web. The last time I checked, there is an announcement that ISIS is going to recruit people again this month.” Bar said.

“That’s good! Sign them up!” DJ said and Bar smirked in satisfaction.

“You will be called for an interview and if you happen to fail, you’ll be shot right away. Tell them no bull. They’ve got a lie detector! I believe you all have been trained to fool the detector, so that shouldn’t be a trouble for you. But I have to warn you about that, okay?” Sondakh said and all the chosen 14 nodded in understanding.

“Okay, we are done here. Please come again tomorrow at 10.a.m. Do not be late. We are going to have fun in the afternoon to strengthen our relationship. Now, dismiss.” DJ said and everyone left the room. Seunghyun and Jiyoung was very excited for they were once again becoming a field agent. It wasn’t something new for both of them. They once penetrated into syndicate and succeeded in putting the head of the syndicate to the jail –Mark Tuan. They were about to do it once again, only this time, to the biggest and probably the most dangerous organization on earth –ISIS. 


Meanwhile, on the other part of the world...

"You have to do it now."

"Give me more time."

"I probably won't live to see that if you're asking for more time again and again!"

"But he is still inside!"

"Then get him out!"

"It's not that easy! I wiould have done that a long time ago if it had been easy!" 

"Do it as soon as possible. Doctor said I only have a maximum of one year to live and I want him dead before I am."