Mate

Everything Can Be Loved

If you haven't checked out BTS's new album, ugh, you're missing out. 

Also don't forget to check out the playlist I created for this story: HERE

As always, I hope you enjoy!


To live forever is not a curse as some would say.

 

His father had told him when he was young that being immortal made some go insane, to watch the world change so slowly like dripping sap, to watch those around you die and wither like fungus of old food. It could all be so maddening. And that was why when he’d fully grown up, after his first full moon had helped him show his true form, his father had bared his neck and let Yifan tear the old man’s throat out.

 

He’d done what every son had done in his kind, because none of their fathers had wanted to actually live forever.

 

An empty cave, a dead father and no mother. Yifan left his home and traveled far across empty plains of grass, through forests and rivers and finally he found his own cave inside of a mountain that marked the end of a lush valley.

 

It was in that damp cave that he waited. Surrounded by the rough walls and his own thoughts, he waited for the opportunity to find what he’d been looking for, what his father told him he needed.

 

And if you can gain this one thing, maybe eternity won’t be so maddening.” his father had told him. Yifan held onto those words all his life. When those villagers had stumbled into his territory, decades later he found the opportunity he’d been looking for. No longer would he have to feed on bitter animal blood.

 

More importantly, soon he would never have to be alone, he would never know what it meant to be cursed because he lived forever.

 

Generations upon generations he has waited. Close to one hundred years had gone by. Hundreds of pure gifts had kneeled before his cave, shivering and cheeks wet with tears.

 

Every single one of them had been afraid to die, all of them began to scream when they laid eyes on Yifan, most of them were liars and impure. None of them were worthy.

 

Those that were impure needed to die, he had to feed anyway and an impure one would not suffice to be his partner for life.

 

Those that cried at the sight of him surely did not meet the call. Those that fought and kicked at him in panic were not the ones he was looking for. But the ones without fear and with courage. These select few would be good enough to be his mate. But none had done so, all had screamed and begged for life.

 

Generations. And not a single one was worthy.

 

But this one, this ripe young thing that sits patiently and quietly, that didn’t begin to scream for mercy when his people left him behind.

 

This one is special.

 

He was beautiful, with wide eyes and dark hair, plump lips and rosy cheeks. A sight to drink in, and he doesn’t cry or whimper. The final test will be when he is approached.

 

He may very well be the one Yifan has been searching for, the one he will learn to love.

 


 

Goosebumps rise on his skin as a gentle cast of wind flies through the cave and past his kneeling form.

 

He inhales deeply, a trickle of impatience dropping into his stomach of frustration.

 

The sky is a soft blue and the sun has not fully risen yet, but nevertheless it is early morning.

 

And Kyungsoo has waited all night to die. Eventually his knees had begun to throb so he plopped onto his bottom with his legs crossed and leaned back on his hands to stare up at the moon and wait. She was a beauty, the flower moon, round and bright. It was hypnotizing, her light poured down through the leaves and onto the rich ground. Stars twinkled around her circumference like pearls against dark satin and Kyungsoo’s skin shimmered because of the pearl dust that had been sprinkled on him. Like all of the stars were trapped in his skin. The whole sky gave him a small sense of calm, made it a little easier to breathe given his circumstances.

 

Kyungsoo sat there in the soil and waited for death, he sat there prim and proper with his legs crossed and chin held high. But death didn’t show.

 

All night he waited in the darkness with the moon’s light shining over him.

 

It was a chilly morning with dew drops shining on the scattered blades of grass, the sky was a soft blue and the golden sun peeked from behind the mountain. Hours had gone by and the moon’s beautiful face was long gone and the pearls had disappeared from the sky.

 

There was no sign of Rakasa  Serigala and Kyungsoo was growing to be a little impatient.

 

Was death really going to keep him waiting? Did it not have any manners? He is sitting here half , he’s had no sleep and he is damn cold. Death is supposed to be swift, fast, sometimes violent and slow but it comes no matter what. Kyungsoo was ready to face death, but it was leaving him waiting in the dark soil at the foot of a cave.

 

Kyungsoo begins to gnaw on his bottom lip when the sun shows its golden face and beams of warm light shine on his face.

 

He sighs with exasperation and slumps forward, he rests his chin in his hand and lets a pout form on his lips.

 

A movement is heard, it's quick and solid, like a misstep. Kyungsoo hears it and his ears and eyes are suddenly very alert. He stares into the black void of the cave, watching and waiting to see any signs of someone or something.

 

Two blue dots appear for a second, they gleam at him and Kyungsoo feels his heart skip a beat.

 

When they disappear and he is left with blackness, his patience breaks.

 

Don’t you keep me waiting!” he screams suddenly, surprising himself at how loud and enraged his voice sounds. But he can’t help it. He’s waited all night for this, to serve the moon tribe and keep them safe. This was the one thing he was supposed to do right, what he’d given up Chanyeol for. He was going to be a great sacrifice, a great suci kado.

 

Come out! Kill me!” Kyungsoo demands with a yell so long and loud his chest heaves up and down because he’s out of breath.

 

Another flash of the blue dots, they are a pair of eyes Kyungsoo realizes, looking at him from within the mountain. The monster wolf is watching him...waiting?

 

What are you waiting for?!” Kyungsoo pounds his fist into the ground.

 

There is a growl in reply. It is strong and shakes the foundation of the earth beneath Kyungsoo, it is warm and washes over his body quickly. A growl? That was it?

 

Kyungsoo wanted death, he wanted bittersweet death to come and drag him screaming in his own blood, to cut his throat or bite his head off. He, the failure, was ready to die. Today was supposed to be his day to make his life right.

 

Finally the beast approached him. From the cloak of the darkness it stepped forward and raised its giant head. Indeed it was a wolf, a monster sized wolf that looked like it could tear Kyungsoo in half with one flick of its powerful jaws.

 

Just as Luna had said in the story.

 

It was as big as a bear and towered over Kyungsoo and casted a huge shadow.

 

It was as white as freshly fallen snow, silvery white fur that shimmered in the sunlight.

 

Its eyes were like the water of a river and made Kyungsoo’s emotions flow in a direction he never thought could happen.

 

And its teeth were like the sharpest knives carved by an expert craftsman.

 

Every whisper that had been told of the monster that protected its mountain and its land were all true. Rakasa Serigala was very real and looming over Kyungsoo with a nasty growl and saliva dripping to the floor. The giant wolf snapped its teeth, makes Kyungsoo jump in surprise. A gasp leaves his mouth when the beast opens its jaws wide and comes closer.

 

He closed his eyes and held his breath with anticipation, now was the moment he’d been waiting and craving for. A quick and easy bite to end his life.

 

A warm wet sensation covers his face in a quick flash. There is no pain and when he opens his eyes there is no blood anywhere on him. He looks up in confusion.

 

The wolf’s tongue him again, and the warm sensation sends tingles scattering through his senses. Kyungsoo is shocked into speechlessness.

 

“Is this,” he pauses as the large tongue laps over his chest completely and the tingly shocks run through him again, “the way you prepare your meal?” he asks and then gasps when the tongue over his lower body slow and almost sensual like. In a quick burst, one of the wolf’s paws swipe and remove Kyungsoo’s silver chest piece. The induk frowns and attempts to cover his chest, but the snarl of the beast tells him to do otherwise.

 

The tongue shoots out again and Kyungsoo scowls, his hands shooting up and shoving the wolf’s face away. A monstrous guttural sound rings out and should make Kyungsoo cower in fear. But it doesn’t. He has sat and waited all night long by himself, waiting for death to come and grab him.

 

The wolf growls and then barks harshly and Kyungsoo growls right back, “Well kill me already! What are you me for? I am not a thing to be played with! I am a suci kado! Kill me!”

 

And the wolf charges him, pushes Kyungsoo onto his back, he hears his fur coat land softly first, and with its paws that have claws, it scratches at the human’s chest. He cries in pain and shuts his eyes tight, once again ready for the teeth to cut through and take his life away.

 

A touch to his face, warm and precise, sends his eyelids flying back open. Time slows for a moment and Kyungsoo is not sure if he should be surprised or afraid.

 

There is more surprise and curiosity than fear.

 

A face stares at him, the face of a man. Not the muzzle of a wolf with blue eyes and silver fur, but a man with blue eyes and silver hair. A man is crouched over him, hand slowly touching Kyungsoo’s face and then eyes shifting downward to the scratches left by the wolf’s claws.

 

“You…” he barely gets out. His words are lost in the atmosphere. The wolf had powers. Specifically the power to change into man.

 

A great amount of wonder fills Kyungsoo’s mind.

 

“Wha-” Kyungsoo wants to ask what the man is doing but is cut off by the man’s tongue lapping at his wounds and large hands gripping his hips tightly. The slick timid muscle goes from Kyungsoo’s cuts to be surrounded by lips that kiss and at his skin. The induk wiggles his hips as a deep sensation turns in his gut.

 

The man’s mouth moves lower, and when warm lips barely graze his Kyungsoo gasps and pushes the man’s face away. They lock eyes, the water blue staring into Kyungsoo’s brown. He is confused, intrigued about this creature but at the back of his clouded mind he is still in want. Death was what he’d been waiting for all night, what he had come to terms with.

 

“Are you going to kill me?” he whispers. The man shakes his head, blue eyes blinking calmly.

 

“Why not?” he spits and attempts to sit up. But the large hands grab his waist and hold him in place. Kyungsoo struggles but the man is much stronger and ends up holding him down by his wrists. The tiger hide is thankfully there so his skin isn’t mauled by rock and dirt.

 

“Why won’t you kill me!” Kyungsoo raises his voice, his patience is nowhere to be found. His fury is boiling and blinding his eyes with tears. He finally had a purpose in life, he was ready to die and leave the failure of his life behind. The man doesn’t answer, only stares.

 

“I want to die,” he is begging, “I want to disappear! Kill me!” he demands in a broken voice.

 

The man shakes his head, and slowly one of his hands trail down Kyungsoo’s arm and up to his face. A thumb gently wipes at Kyungsoo’s tears. The induk sniffles and subconsciously leans into the warm hand that continues to dry his cheeks.

 

For a long while they lay there like that, the wolf turned man lying on top of him and staring at Kyungsoo who tries to calm down and understand what is going on. The wolf had shifted into a man, and the man was telling Kyungsoo that he wasn’t going to kill him. And Kyungsoo honestly didn’t know what came next.

 

“If you’re not going to kill me then will you let me leave?” he tries. The man hesitates and then shakes his head again. His eyes are still looking over the induk’s feature. Slowly and carefully they seem to be mapping out every dip and curve of Kyungsoo’s face.

 

Kyungsoo exhales, “Then what do you want?”

 

And the man his lips slowly before dragging his eyes over Kyungsoo’s body, silently drinking in the sight beneath him.

 

Kyungsoo’s brow scrunches because he can’t understand what that gesture meant.

 

The man points to himself slowly, taps his chest with his index finger and finally says one word,

 

“Yifan.”

 

The voice is incredibly rich, thick and raspy like it hasn’t been used for a very long time. It is a sound Kyungsoo knows he will never forget. Yifan. Kyungsoo understands immediately, that Yifan is the man’s name.

 

He nods at the new information and inhales before he whispers back, “Kyungsoo.”

Yifan’s blue eyes soften around the edges and his hand is back to swiping at Kyungsoo’s cheek gently.

 

When Yifan leans down Kyungsoo does not flinch, when his lips hover close to Kyungsoo’s the beast wraps his hand around the induk’s neck and pulls his head upward. Their lips are a breath away and they are frozen in a mental battle.

 

One is hesitant and one is testing the waters.  

 

The man won’t kill him, doesn’t want him to leave, and Kyungsoo is replaying the way Yifan had his lips and the way those blue eyes had looked over his whole body.

It all clicks together and Kyungsoo hesitantly moves closer.

He can feel the man’s warmth all over him, he is so tall he covers every inch of Kyungsoo’s body with his own. The man’s eyes are so blue, like the deepest ocean that is filled with so many secrets and mysteries. He looks almost sad, almost lonely and very cold.

 

The man drops his head lower and presses his lips softly against Kyungsoo’s. Like a feather tickling his lips, up and down and teasing. Kyungsoo holds his breath. Anticipation eats at his stomach as their lips trace each other.

 

Hot breath fans over Kyungsoo and instinct tells him to open his mouth. When his lips fall open a wet and warm tongue teases around his mouth. Is the beast testing the area? Is he seeing if Kyungsoo will pull away? Should Kyungsoo pull away?

 

When the man finally kisses him everything is washed away. Every worry of being a failure, the fear of finally living up to his purpose in life, Chanyeol’s desperate kiss, all of it vanishes with those lips. There is promise in the man’s hands holding his neck and the mouth that into him.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t resist the lips that kiss him. He moves with them, he closes his eyes and allows himself to be confused by this feeling.

 

Yifan is so warm, like the coals of a fire, the heat is simmering and creating a hot path to run through Kyungsoo’s veins. Their kiss is passionate, rough, and it feels as if Yifan is trying to Kyungsoo’s air right out of his lungs. The induk gasps for oxygen when Yifan pauses for a moment and looks upon Kyungsoo with a flicker of excitement. Yifan kisses and down Kyungsoo’s jaw, over his neck and back down to the scratches on his chest.

 

He feels heat rising under his skin, his blood is pumping and surging throughout his body. Kyungsoo’s hips move, they into Yifan’s in search of friction. Repeatedly he bucks his hips and he moans when Yifan’s hands grip his thighs and spread his legs so the beast can settle in between them.

 

The blue eyes won’t stop looking at him, raking over his body that is now open for the taking. And take he does.

 

He captures Kyungsoo’s lips and grinds his against the induk to take his breath away.

 

He and on both of Kyungsoo’s s and takes his moans.

 

He rubs Kyungsoo’s member slowly and brings it to life, rubs both of their together then takes the induk’s sanity.

 

This pleasure is so much more than what he remembers in the hut with Chanyeol. This pleasure is a master of seduction and it has no limits, it consumes every nerve and heightens them. Kyungsoo is making noises and his body won’t stop ing his for that friction.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t want this to stop, it feels like he’s on the brink of ecstasy. His arms wrap around Yifan’s neck and pulls the beast closer. He revels in the lips that are warm like fire and leave burns all over Kyungsoo’s neck and chest.

 

Teeth as sharp as knives bite into the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck, they plant themselves deep and blood gushes out along with the induk’s scream. Had the beast seduced him to really kill him?

 

The pain disappears, the jaw pulls back and is replaced with Yifan’s tongue that at the blood and his lips that kiss the wound in apology. Kyungsoo’s body is shaking and he bites back his whimpers as his wound is and kissed by the beast. The kisses trail back up to his lips.

 

“My mate.” Yifan’s deep voice breaths into Kyungsoo’s ear, “My mate.”

 

There is a certain sound in the man’s voice, an emotion that touches Kyungsoo’s heart and makes him close to trusting this monster wolf. This beast who looms over his vulnerable body and won’t stop looking into his eyes, this beast who kisses Kyungsoo like he’s made of glass, the beast who just called him something so intimate, it made his heart feel like it was swelling to a burst.

 

Rakasa Serigala wanted this induk as his mate?

 

“No,” he avoids Yifan’s next kiss, “Why me? I’m not...I’m not…”

 

His words die out in his throat.

 

For a moment they are still, frozen in time and searching within each other's gazes. Yifan’s blue eyes seem to be made of ice suddenly. Kyungsoo grits his teeth as Yifan’s hand tangles itself in his hair and pulls back to bare his neck. His wound is once again given soft attention.

 

“I’m not...I’m nothing…” Kyungsoo sniffles and tries to hold his tears. Now is not the time to cry. He was here to die. He had been sent by his own people to die. Kyungsoo was suci kado, and that was a right given to him by the moon tribe.

 

The words bubble up from his throat naturally. Each one hurts. And each time he asks for this hurts him tenfold.

 

“Please kill me.” he begs once more.

 

Couldn’t the beast be merciful? Couldn’t this monster end Kyungsoo’s misery of being sent here to die? He was nothing. He was worthless. He was a failure.

 

“No,” the beast rasps, “I will not kill you,” Yifan presses his thumb onto Kyungsoo’s lips, “Mate.”

 

Yifan reaches down and Kyungsoo’s stomach before stating to him carefully,

 

“You will be my mate.”

 

Kyungsoo’s mind runs a thousand miles a minute, his heart is hammering and he’s ready to shake his head no. He’s nothing, he can’t be anyone’s mate. He couldn’t even say yes to the boy who’d defended him all his life. Kyungsoo’s purpose wasn’t to be anyone’s life partner.

 

He was meant to die.

 

“But I’m nothing.” Kyungsoo is adamant. His hands are gripping the edge of his coat tightly. A broken cry leaves his lip when a firm hand cranes his head back forcefully. The hot breath is right next to his ear. It is menacing and gentle.

 

“Everything.” Yifan argues, “You are everything and you will be my mate.”

 

This doesn’t make sense to Kyungsoo, this doesn’t make sense he can’t understand this.

 

Kyungsoo loses his nerve when Yifan leans in terribly close, tongue trailing the edge of Kyungsoo’s ear and lips whispering in a deep bass that vibrates into Kyungsoo’s bones and right down to his core.

 

“You will bear my children.”

 

His lungs are not struggling. His vision is crystal clear and sees only deep blue eyes looking at him. Yifan is so warm and surreal.

 

And for the first time, Yifan asks him something.

 

“Do you want to bear my children Kyungsoo?”

 

There was a lot of weight in that question. A lot of underlying questions beneath it.

 

Do you want me to take you away?

 

Do you really want to die?

 

Do you want to bear my children, and become a parent?

 

Do you want to start a new life with me?

 

Then comes the second question Yifan offers. And by now the induk’s mind is made up. For what does he have to return to? What does he have but an opportunity here right over him.

 

“Do you want to be my mate?” Yifan asks.

 

Kyungsoo has his nerve back, it is all crystal clear and he will not take any time to think about this decision any longer.

 

“Yes.” Kyungsoo answers.

 

Yifan kisses him and Kyungsoo feels the man’s hands roaming freely over his body. Those hands him and cause his back to arch.


“Yes.” Kyungsoo moans and locks his ankles around the beast’s hips.


I won't be able to update for awhile, but for good reason! Next week I finally graduate from college! Woot!!

So yeah this week and the next are the last stretch of testing, projects and classes. Then I'm done!

And then when I'm home hopefully I can update more :)

Anywho I hope you enjoyed, thank you for taking the time to read! Subscribe, upvote and comment if you feel like it, you guys know I'll do my best to answer any questions you have.

ALSO! From now on, please just call me Porter. None of this 'author-nim' stuff please. Idk it feels weird...hehe^^ Thanks!

Much love doves,

 

 

Porter